Been here? Rate It!
Puntjarka: Where the locals go ?
This nice restaurant is located on the sommet of Sljeme mount. Foreign tourists usually don't go there just because they don't know this place and to get there they first have to reach the mount sommet.
The restaurant offers big variety of local food, has open air tables. When we were there, there was also an orchestre playing local songs.
Favorite Dish: We had bin soup. Portion was big enough and it was sufficient, at least for me. Zdenka didn't seem starving either :)
Zdenka's friend Daniela had fried duck legs and she said it was delicious.
- Food and Dining
Restaurant OKRUGLJAK: Continental national and international cuisine
The 'Okrugljak' restaurant under Sljeme mostly justifies its status and that refers primarily to the quality of dishes. The wine list is rich, the service is quick and good and at least two waiters take care about each table. The good service starts already on the guarded parking lot in which guests are offered to have their cars washed, while nicely arranged terraces, as well as the rearranged interior space guarantee a good mood during the meal. Number of places: in the restaurant - 280, on the terrace - 200. Working hours: from 11 a.m. to 1 a.m.
Vinodol: Nice little Croatian Restaurant
Very nice restaurant in lower town. Serves Croatian food and wine for reasonable prices with very friendly service. The interior is rustic with arched ceilings. I'd recommend getting the local Croatian table wine--not bad and you can't beat the price.
Favorite Dish: the steak with gorgonzola sauce
Kerempuh: All fresh and tasty
Kerempuh is a small café with a pleasant terrace overlooking a corner of Zagreb's market; it is known for its home cooking and traditional Croatian recipes. Everything is bought fresh from the market as it is needed, so nothing is ever kept hanging around; the owner prides himself on having no need for a fridge. No food is served on Sundays, although the cafe is open for drinks. The market is worth looking at while you are there; a covered area below the square is good for meat, fish, local cheeses and bread, while in the open section, stalls are piled high with fruit and vegetables brought in from all over Croatia.
mountaineering house Puntijarka in the central part of Medvednica. This isnt really a restaurant :)
Nothing for vegans I am afraid.
Great cottage cheese with cream for vegetarians.
For others great domestic food: turkey with 'mlinci',
beans etc. Excellent cakes. Very cheap.
I'm not regular visitor of...
I'm not regular visitor of restaurants in Zagreb, because I live here, but here are listed some National restaurants in Zagreb:
• BALTAZAR, Nova Ves 4, tel. 46-66-824 (l0am-midnight, closed Sun and holiday)
• GRACANKA, Gracanska cesta 48, tel. 46-74-089 (noon-11 pm, Sun 11 am-5pm, closed Mon) Vegetarian food. Music: tamburitza Fri and Sat 8pm-midnight)
• JANA, Bakaceva 9, tel. 48-14-938 (7am-midnight) Specialities: local and international cuisine.
• KAPTOL, Krsnjavoga 1 (Hotel Opera Zagreb), tel. 48-92-000 (6:30am-midnight)
• KAPTOLSKA KLET, Kaptol 5, tel. 48 14 838 (l0am - midnight)
• KOD PAVELA, Gracanska cesta 46, tel. 46-75-036 (noon - midnight, Sun 12noon - 10pm, Mon closed). Istrian food
• KRALJ TOMISLAV, Hotel Sheraton Zagreb, Kneza Borne 2, tel. 45-99-160 ( 7pm-l2midnight, closed Sunday)
• LADY SRAM, Mesnicka 12, tel. 48-51-122 (6pm-11pm, closed Sun, Mon)
• LIDO, Malo Jarunsko jezero bb, tel. 38-32-837 (Sun - Thu 10am-1am; Fri and Sat 10am-2am);Dancing: Fri and Sat 8pm-2am dancing music
• MEDVEDGRADSKI PODRUM, Medvedgrad, tel. 45 56 226 (l0am-l0pm, closed Monday)
• NATIONAL RESTAURANT (Hotel 'I'), Remetinecka 106, tel. 61-41-222 (non-stop)
• OBRTNICKI DOM, Mazuranicev trg 13, tel. 48 28 498 (8am-11 pm, closed Sun)
• OKRUGLJAK, Mlinovi 28, tel. 46-74-112 (11am-1am) Music: piano, violin
• PLITVICKA KUCA, Motel Plitvice, Lucko bb, tel. 653 04 44 (noon-midnight; Fri, Sat noon - 1am)
• POD GRICKIM TOPOM, Zakmardijeve stube 5, tel. 48-33-607 (11am - midnight)
• POD MIRNIM KROVOM, Fijanova 7, tel. 23-23-155 (8am-midnight)
• PURGER, Petrinjska 33, tel. 48-73-394 (8am-11pm, closed Sun )
• STARI FIJAKER 900, Mesnicka 6, tel. 48-33-829 (8am-11pm, Sun 10am-10pm)
• STARI PUNTIJAR, Gracanska 65, tel. 48-73-633, 48-72-622 (noon-midnight, Fri and Sat 12pm-1am, Sun noon-midnight)
• SESTINSKI LAGVIC, Sestinska cesta bb, tel. 46-74-417 (10am-midnight) Music: tamburitza (8am-midnight)
• VINODOL, N. Tesle 10, tel. 48 11 341 (10am-midnight)
• ZELEN DVOR, Samoborska 170, tel. 34-96-222 (7am-11:30pm) Dancing music Wed, Thu, Fri and Sat.
You can have a great meal in...
You can have a great meal in Zagreb – try some local cuisine (starting with the grilled meat snacks, moving throught the schnitzels and goulasches of the former Habsburg lands) or go to various restaurants specialising in fish. You’ll also find stalls around the market selling “burek”, a typical pastry snack filled with cheese, spinach or meat. Zagreb offers a variety of baked dishes (beef and pork served with potatoes, vegetables and horse-radish), as well ans various stews (wine goulasches, bacon and tripes, lungs sour art), grilled meat, pasta.
We also have delicious sweets – desert cuisine (Croatian pancakes, Zagorje strudel, strudel stuffed with cottage cheese or apple studel, bucnica …).
Don’t forget to try the wines from the Zagorje region.
Taverna Croatica – Hotel “Esplanade” (expensive);
Rossini – Vlaska 55; tel: 4555-540;
Stari puntijar – Gracanska cesta 65; tel: 46 75 600;
Murter – Kaptol 27; tel: 48 17 744 (affordable);
Lopud – Kaptol 10; tel: 48 14 594 (affordable);
Atlanta – Tkalciceva 65; tel: 48 13 848 (affordable);
My favourite restaurant is...
My favourite restaurant is 'Dva goluba'.
Well, it's pretty expensive restaurant, but it's worth paying because the serves is very grate.The atmosphere is tipical for a restaurant in a center of a city.It's a tipical restaurant in Zagreb.
Favorite Dish: I love to eat french fries with sea food like lobsters and crabs.
Gusti: Good food
Little restaurant in Gracani, live music, good food and reasonable prices.
Favorite Dish: Turkey with bacon and grilled vegetable.
- Family Travel
- Food and Dining
My favourite restaurant in...
My favourite restaurant in Zagreb is called 'Stara Sava' ('Old Sava') - it doesn't have the nicest atmosphere, but the BEST pizza in town!!!
Favorite Dish: PIZZA, any kind of PIZZA!
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices