Been here? Rate It!
Vinodol Restaurant: Every meal is tasty there, taste the brokoli soup
People working there, the ambience ant the meal was perfect. It is not one of Michelin restaurants but every meal they served and the way they serve it is like in a high class restaurant. People are very warm in Croatia. Meals and good quality wines are cheap.
At the entrance of the restaurant there is a bar. ambiance is very good there too.
(The price I reference below include wine from Chile.)
Favorite Dish: Brokoli soup,
a special Lamp meal they cook in the oven for hours. It is very soft and tasty
- Business Travel
- Food and Dining
- Family Travel
Restaurant with long tradition, situated outside the center beneath Medvednica mountain. It has great outdoor terrace along with indoor that is decorated old Zagreb-Zagorje style.
Many people go there for lamb (janjetina sa raznja), but other dishes are also worth the visit. Mostly traditional local food with some international dishes.
Favorite Dish: Last time I tried warm salad with goose liver it was fabulous.
- Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
- Food and Dining
Kaptolska Klet: Great Lunch!
Delicious food, across the board. I have been eating here since I had been a child and returned recently after many years absence, it is just as wonderful as I remember it. One thing you must try is the Lamb on the Spit, it is a house specialty and not to be missed. Best time to have it when it just comes off the fire, so succulent. Definitely have the cabbage salad side. Rest in knowing Zagrebcani have been coming here for many, many years.
mountaineering house Puntijarka in the central part of Medvednica. This isnt really a restaurant :)
Nothing for vegans I am afraid.
Great cottage cheese with cream for vegetarians.
For others great domestic food: turkey with 'mlinci',
beans etc. Excellent cakes. Very cheap.
I'm not regular visitor of...
I'm not regular visitor of restaurants in Zagreb, because I live here, but here are listed some National restaurants in Zagreb:
• BALTAZAR, Nova Ves 4, tel. 46-66-824 (l0am-midnight, closed Sun and holiday)
• GRACANKA, Gracanska cesta 48, tel. 46-74-089 (noon-11 pm, Sun 11 am-5pm, closed Mon) Vegetarian food. Music: tamburitza Fri and Sat 8pm-midnight)
• JANA, Bakaceva 9, tel. 48-14-938 (7am-midnight) Specialities: local and international cuisine.
• KAPTOL, Krsnjavoga 1 (Hotel Opera Zagreb), tel. 48-92-000 (6:30am-midnight)
• KAPTOLSKA KLET, Kaptol 5, tel. 48 14 838 (l0am - midnight)
• KOD PAVELA, Gracanska cesta 46, tel. 46-75-036 (noon - midnight, Sun 12noon - 10pm, Mon closed). Istrian food
• KRALJ TOMISLAV, Hotel Sheraton Zagreb, Kneza Borne 2, tel. 45-99-160 ( 7pm-l2midnight, closed Sunday)
• LADY SRAM, Mesnicka 12, tel. 48-51-122 (6pm-11pm, closed Sun, Mon)
• LIDO, Malo Jarunsko jezero bb, tel. 38-32-837 (Sun - Thu 10am-1am; Fri and Sat 10am-2am);Dancing: Fri and Sat 8pm-2am dancing music
• MEDVEDGRADSKI PODRUM, Medvedgrad, tel. 45 56 226 (l0am-l0pm, closed Monday)
• NATIONAL RESTAURANT (Hotel 'I'), Remetinecka 106, tel. 61-41-222 (non-stop)
• OBRTNICKI DOM, Mazuranicev trg 13, tel. 48 28 498 (8am-11 pm, closed Sun)
• OKRUGLJAK, Mlinovi 28, tel. 46-74-112 (11am-1am) Music: piano, violin
• PLITVICKA KUCA, Motel Plitvice, Lucko bb, tel. 653 04 44 (noon-midnight; Fri, Sat noon - 1am)
• POD GRICKIM TOPOM, Zakmardijeve stube 5, tel. 48-33-607 (11am - midnight)
• POD MIRNIM KROVOM, Fijanova 7, tel. 23-23-155 (8am-midnight)
• PURGER, Petrinjska 33, tel. 48-73-394 (8am-11pm, closed Sun )
• STARI FIJAKER 900, Mesnicka 6, tel. 48-33-829 (8am-11pm, Sun 10am-10pm)
• STARI PUNTIJAR, Gracanska 65, tel. 48-73-633, 48-72-622 (noon-midnight, Fri and Sat 12pm-1am, Sun noon-midnight)
• SESTINSKI LAGVIC, Sestinska cesta bb, tel. 46-74-417 (10am-midnight) Music: tamburitza (8am-midnight)
• VINODOL, N. Tesle 10, tel. 48 11 341 (10am-midnight)
• ZELEN DVOR, Samoborska 170, tel. 34-96-222 (7am-11:30pm) Dancing music Wed, Thu, Fri and Sat.
Restaurant OKRUGLJAK: Continental national and international cuisine
The 'Okrugljak' restaurant under Sljeme mostly justifies its status and that refers primarily to the quality of dishes. The wine list is rich, the service is quick and good and at least two waiters take care about each table. The good service starts already on the guarded parking lot in which guests are offered to have their cars washed, while nicely arranged terraces, as well as the rearranged interior space guarantee a good mood during the meal. Number of places: in the restaurant - 280, on the terrace - 200. Working hours: from 11 a.m. to 1 a.m.
You can have a great meal in...
You can have a great meal in Zagreb – try some local cuisine (starting with the grilled meat snacks, moving throught the schnitzels and goulasches of the former Habsburg lands) or go to various restaurants specialising in fish. You’ll also find stalls around the market selling “burek”, a typical pastry snack filled with cheese, spinach or meat. Zagreb offers a variety of baked dishes (beef and pork served with potatoes, vegetables and horse-radish), as well ans various stews (wine goulasches, bacon and tripes, lungs sour art), grilled meat, pasta.
We also have delicious sweets – desert cuisine (Croatian pancakes, Zagorje strudel, strudel stuffed with cottage cheese or apple studel, bucnica …).
Don’t forget to try the wines from the Zagorje region.
Taverna Croatica – Hotel “Esplanade” (expensive);
Rossini – Vlaska 55; tel: 4555-540;
Stari puntijar – Gracanska cesta 65; tel: 46 75 600;
Murter – Kaptol 27; tel: 48 17 744 (affordable);
Lopud – Kaptol 10; tel: 48 14 594 (affordable);
Atlanta – Tkalciceva 65; tel: 48 13 848 (affordable);
Stari Puntijar: Not worthed the money
In my experience, service and food in Stari Puntijar didn't live up to the reputation of the restaurant. Although is considered as one of the better restaurants in Zagreb, service was unprofessional; waiter was without manners and even rude!
Their duck pate has never seen the duck, although the price is like you're eating fois gras pate. Half of the desert menue should be ordered 1(ONE) day in advance !
The restaurant is definitely not worthed the money you pay. Very dissapointing !
My favourite restaurant is...
My favourite restaurant is 'Dva goluba'.
Well, it's pretty expensive restaurant, but it's worth paying because the serves is very grate.The atmosphere is tipical for a restaurant in a center of a city.It's a tipical restaurant in Zagreb.
Favorite Dish: I love to eat french fries with sea food like lobsters and crabs.
Konoba Bracera: Great Mediterannean Food, Quality/Price Exellent
Bracera is right next door to Kaptolska Klet, a Zagreb landmark. Same owners. Great thing is they have their own separate menu but you can also order from Kaptolska Klets menu which is different in many regards. Comes in handy when Kaptolska Klet is occupied by a private function as was the case the day we wanted to go but ended up going next door to Bracera instead. The food, atmosphere and prices were really good. Two of us ate and drank very well for under $60. They even gave us a tasters plate gratis with local cold cuts and cheeses. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone.
Gusti: Good food
Little restaurant in Gracani, live music, good food and reasonable prices.
Favorite Dish: Turkey with bacon and grilled vegetable.
- Family Travel
- Food and Dining
My favourite restaurant in...
My favourite restaurant in Zagreb is called 'Stara Sava' ('Old Sava') - it doesn't have the nicest atmosphere, but the BEST pizza in town!!!
Favorite Dish: PIZZA, any kind of PIZZA!
- Book online.
- Hotels.com See maps & reviews for over 140,000 Hotels worldwide!
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Explore the World
- Pune Hotels
- Ulu Kelang Hotels
- Nacascolo Hotels
- Windsor Hotels
- Wichita Falls