Train, Zagreb

Know about this? Rate It!

• Train
    by croisbeauty
    Glavni Kolodvor
    by croisbeauty
  • Local train at Zagreb train station (2012)
    Local train at Zagreb train station...
    by HORSCHECK
  • IngaA's Profile Photo

Zagreb by train

by IngaA Updated Sep 25, 2003

I took a train Budapest-Zagreb. The trip itself takes about 6 hours.
    The problem was that the cars were not clearly signed, at least for non Hungarian speaker :)
    I hardly found a car going to Zagreb.
    But I can't live without adventures... At the border, when I remained alone in my compartment, suddenly a controller came asking "Zagreb?" I said "yes". He said "Only 3 first cars go to Zagreb"... I don't know why maybe smth happened but my car, which was supposed to go to Zagreb, had to be detached from the train. I had to almost run with my lugguage to reach the 1st 3 cars. Luckily, I'm light packer and survived this "ruh" :)

Ticket price is about 23 €.

• coceng's Profile Photo

Train From Ljubljana...

by coceng Written Sep 9, 2003

My train ticket

I took the train from Ljubljana, Slovenia. The train station there is more well-equipped than Zagreb Train Station. For my memory I want Zagreb Gl. Kolodvor to be as always my memory serves me.
    I had to change to a regional train upon arriving in Zagreb. My heart was pounding ! Would I be strip-searched ! No.
    The regional train was empty when I boarded in. Couldn't remember the stop, must be the Slovenia-Croatian border.
    It was a pleasant experience actually.

The photo shows my train ticket from Ljubljana station.

• gorky9hr's Profile Photo

well, getting there depends on...

by gorky9hr Written Aug 26, 2002

well, getting there depends on where you're coming from, doesn't it? If you try taking a boat from USA or Australia, well- the trouble is we don't have a harbour. So i would suggest a PLANE, since we DO have an airport, although it's not the prettiest on the world, not to talk about it's size ;)
    BUSSES are also an option, especially if you are coming from somewhere near. And of course, there's a good old TRAIN, my favourite. Plus- the sec you get of the train, you'll be 5 min away from the centre and also in front of the first statue you should see- KING TOMISLAV-1st croatian king. There is a rumour that he's a makebelieve, but no one says anything about the horse. So if you don't believe that Tomislav existed- check out the horse. Awsome horse, i'm telling ya:-)
    Hmmm how did i get to king Tomislav? Oh, never mind. Getting around, you ask me? well, there are 4 options:
    1) RENT A CAR- but then you could miss all the great sights you could see by going on foot; so the 2nd would be YOUR OLD 2 FEET:-) 3) STREETCARS/TRAMS(however you call them). not expencive. 1euro for a ticket for one way. go buy it from the driver. first car. in the front. usually drives the tram, so you won't miss him/her 4) TAXI- eh, yes. taxi. too expensive, if you ask me. you should reconsider streetcar and feet options. and ABSOLUTELY check the schedule of the night drives which should be at every tram station. oh, yes. 5th option: BIKE. you can bring it with you or steal it. but if you steal it and they go after you, eventually you'll have to take a taxi to run away, and taxi is going to cost a fortune, so it doesn't sound like a smart plan to me. Reconsider trams and feet again and best of luck! c ya! :-)

• ana.gsm's Profile Photo

By air: the airport is located...

by ana.gsm Written Aug 25, 2002

By air: the airport is located 17km from the centre of the city (20-25 mins by bus, which is driving from main bus station every 30min)-informations on flights can be obtained by calling +381 1 6265 222

by train: the main railway station is located in the center of the town-at Kralj Tomislav Square (10 mins walk from the main square)
    Informations on arrivals and departures +385 1 9830

Klagenfurt-Ljubljana-Zagreb
    Budapest-Varazdin-Zagreb

traffic office phone no: +385 1 6157 970

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

I arrived by train from...

by richiecdisc Written Aug 24, 2002

I arrived by train from Ljubljana and left for Budapest the same way. The latter train was only 141 KN, approximately $16.
    There is an elaborate tram network but the central area is easily explored on foot.

• sunbird_travel's Profile Photo

Train to Ljubljana

by sunbird_travel Written Dec 6, 2006
    Main train station

depart (Zagreb), arrive (Ljubljana)
    0553, 0832

• vichatherly's Profile Photo

Took the Train from Venice to Zagreb

by vichatherly Updated Aug 2, 2005
    Zagreb Train Station

We flew in from London Stansted to Venice, splashed about a bit in the flooded streets and then, after making sure we had enough beer for the journey, took the great train journey east.

• Ben-UK's Profile Photo

By train

by Ben-UK Written Aug 23, 2004

Zagreb train station

The main train station, Glavni kolodvar, is approx 2km south of the main square.

International trains to Budapest, Ljubljana, Vienna, Munich, Berlin.

Address: Trg kralja Tomislava 12

Instant Answers: Zagreb

Comments

Other Transportation in Zagreb