Ayia Napa Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Ayia Napa

• Los Bandidos, Mexican: Don't miss it!!

by layla-napa08 Written Jul 7, 2008

the restaurant is amazing, it came recommended by the tour reps, but so lived up to it!!
    You hav to book, we just wondered in and were lucky, only having to wait 40 mins cus the Euro 08 final was on, but be sure to book so as not to miss out.
    the food was amazing, and soooo affordable, the other review was wrong about the cost being above average. my mate ordered the pork ribs, at about 9 euro, she literally had half a pig on her plate.
    well worth it

(plus we got free entry to carwash from our waiter!!)

• inqanta's Profile Photo

Burger King, McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Bake & Bite: Fast Foods

by inqanta Written Jul 21, 2006

Unfortunately, Ayia Napa and I guess Cyprus at all is not so rich in cuisine. After tasting meze we decidede that we'd better est a little bit cheaper and tastier. And we came to a decision that the easiest and the tastiest way to eat there is fast food. Pay attention to Bake & Bite. They have amazing sandwiches 1-2 CYP for each. And huge salads for the same price.

• Avieira67's Profile Photo

Flames Restaurant: An excellent meat meze

by Avieira67 Updated Apr 6, 2014

This restaurant was established in 1989 by two brothers, Theo and Peter. They know the secrets of the Cypriot cuisine and know how to receive very well their clients. By the way, it was here I learned about the origin of meze.
    If you have no idea what means meze, just think about small portions of several traditional dishes. Basically, the main course can be either fish or meat. The side dishes range from salads, cooked eggs, to several kind of sauces.
    I was introduced to this restaurant by a local used to visit it. As we were not too much hungry, we ordered the "basic" meze.
    My meat meze included, at least, souvlaki, afelia, stewed diced pork marinated in wine with corinder, stifado, slow cooked beef stew with onions, garlic, tomatoes, cinamon, pepper and vinegar, keftedes, meat balls, koubebkia, stuffed grape leaves with minced meat and rice, grilled lountza, smoked pork loin slice, grilled halloumi chesse, Greek slalad, grilled wild mushrooms, fried zucchini, hummus, tzatziki, Greek yogurt, taramasalata, beetroot and pitta bread.
    They have a good selection on national wines and I was well surprised with the Portuguese apéritif Port win.
    The quality of the food impressed me a lot. It was very tasty. At the end, the owners gifted me with the national five kings brandy.
    If I visit again Aya Napa, surelly I will eat again in this great restaurant and I recommend it a lot..

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

FLAMES Restaurant Cafe Bar: Cypriot Cuisine, Excellent hosts, Value for Money!

by greekcypriot Written Apr 12, 2014

In an attempt to find an exceptionally good Cypriot restaurant in Agia Napa to please a friend and a guest of mine, I searched a lot and read reviews until I came up with the Flames. I called the owners and booked a table for lunch.

LOCATION: The restaurant is nicely set and located very close to the Nissi Beach area which is one of my favourite spots in Agia Napa.

A HEARTY WELCOME: The two brothers proved excellent hosts and when we arrived the welcome was hearty, exactly as I expected it to be. I wanted my friend to feel this genuine Cypriot hospitality.
    The brothers have been running this business for the last 25 years so there is no doubt that they know the work well and they did not let us down.

THE OWNERS: It is a small family business with Theo a trained Chef and Peter (Panikos) a trained waiter. Their dream was and still is to achieve in every way the best service and through their traditional Cypriot Dishes help tourist in a way, enjoy to the maximum their holidays in Cyprus. This restaurant is their life and they deservedly represent the authentic Cypriot hospitality out there in Ayia Napa.

CUISINE: The restaurant is popular with traditional Cypriot dishes and not only! There is a whole list of other dishes that are served out here and are enough to make happy the most demanding guest.
    Steaks, Grilled meat, Pasta, Fish and several Vegetarian specialties are some of the rest of the dishes one can find here.

LUNCH: Well the purpose of this lunch was to have my friend try some nice Cypriot dishes. We did not ask for the usual ones served, I mean olives and pickles, or the minor ones, but asked for the best out of the whole list of ‘meze’. For me what counts is quality and not quantity.

Panicos brought a platter of different dips at first, and since the time was such and there were no other customers I insisted that he comes and join us. The dips were fantastic and very refreshing.

Then the rest of the dishes were presented in small plates exactly as the real meze and we had “afelia” which is a local dish made of diced pork marinated in wine with coriander. “Stifado”, “meatballs”, “kupepia” as Cypriots call them. The Greek name that stands for this dish is ‘dolmadakia’ and they are the Staffed Vine Leaves.

“Souvlaki” is kabab. We were also brought some “Lountza”. It is smoked pork loin in slices. We tried the grilled mushrooms, some fried zucchini, the halloumi Cypriot cheese, Cypriot Salad which was freshly cut and it was obvious that both the cucumber and tomatoes were from the round area. The fried potatoes were exactly as I expected them to be since the area prides for the excellent potatoes which are exported throughout Europe.

Thanks to the two brothers my friend probably had the opportunity to learn a few more things about the Cypriot cuisine.

It was a beautiful day so we chose to have lunch outside at the nicely decorated porch.

There is also a Bar inside the restaurant with a rich variety of beverage. Since the day was sunny we accompanied our lunch with a bottle of the local KEO beer.

TIP: Don’t expect gourmet dishes out here. Portions are big but they are not gourmet. This is one of the mistakes many tourists do. If you are after gourmet dishes you can find them at 5* hotels and in Signature restaurants in the big cities and expect to pay much as well.

MEZE: The word MEZE means variety and it comes in small portions similar to the Spanish tapas (appetizers or snacks)

The story behind goes like this: It all started almost 50 years ago when in small coffee shops in the villages the ladies back then were making coffee for workers at first. Little by little they started having a few orders at the beginning -it could be a fried or a boiled egg, some cheese, olives, or ham etc. As the years went by, these ladies started preparing and serving one or two dishes, -at first their own home meals, so they would serve small portions of these dishes to their customers as well.

So, little by little ladies added more and more and this is how this kind of ordering set the fashion. In the course of time this had become a trend and nowadays one can also enjoy “Seafood meze” instead of meat or vegetable dishes. Many Seafood tavernas can be found at the village of Zygi by the way.

IN ALL: Whatever we had was nicely cooked in virgin olive oil coming from the family Panikos said. All dishes were cooked to perfection and we both enjoyed the meal. I can highly recommend the business and long to be back. Thank you guys, continue to be loyal with what you have started doing. You know exactly how to please your customers and you are doing it well.

• glamourprincess's Profile Photo

Pizza Hut: Good offer on pizzas

by glamourprincess Written Sep 13, 2006

Dining at Pizza Hut

Pizza Hut is not the most exciting place to visit when abroad, but when you're in places like Ayia Napa, the choices are few and the food is not impressing, it's not a bad choice. They serve quite good pizzas, and they also have a great offer; eat all you want for a set price. We were not that hungry so we ordered a pizza to share, and it was more expensive than the 'eat all you want'-offer!

• Study Abroad

WILD WEST: BEST FOOD IN AYIA NAPA

by gugi66 Updated Sep 16, 2012
    WILD WEST

You can find the best restaurant about 3km from the city on Nissi ave. Close to Nissi Beach.

This restaruant has something for everyone. Grills, Steaks, variety of Cypriot meze, Cyprus Specialities, Fish Dishes, Fish Meze, Vegetarian Dishes, Pastas and Pizza.

This restaurant also have a big Mini Luna Park for the kids, Cinema screen with cartoons

DONT MISS THIS RESTAURANT.

Favorite Dish: Everything was great. And I mean it....

• Gay and Lesbian
    • Disabilities

MCDONALD´S

by gugi66 Written Sep 14, 2012
    McDonalds Ayia Napa

Well a McDonald´s is a McDonald´s where ever you go in the world. But there is a burger here that you can´t find some where else, and that is the GreekMac.

The GreekMac is a Wrap with Greek burger, salad, ketchup, greek sauce, mustard, tomatoes and onions.

Favorite Dish: GreekMac

NISSI BAY CAFE / BAR

by gugi66 Written Sep 15, 2012
    Nissi Beach cafe

If you get hungry or thirsty when you´r at Nissi Beach you can take a bite at the cafe right by the beach. They offer fast food like hamburgers, sandwitches, pasta, waffels, icecream, and of course beers and drinks.

Prices:

• Beaches

BEDROCK CAFE & RESTAURANT

by gugi66 Written Sep 16, 2012
    Bedrock cafe

A cool restaurant decorated from the flintstones, you can take a picture in Fred Flintstones car outside the restaurant. The staff are dressed as flintstones.

You can even buy the outfit that the staff is wearing, they also have child sizes.

Adult Fred Flintstones shirt: 15€
    Child shirt: 10€

• Beaches

• Any: To many fast food restraunts

by 1italy Written Jul 1, 2004

The problem with the food in Ayia Napa is that there is to many fast restraunts, and kebab shops. The best place for food is Protaras which is a town, 10 minutes away, from Ayia Napa, there you will find lots of different types of restraunts such as Italian, Mexican, Chinese but also local food which is fresh such a seafood.

• gigina's Profile Photo

Koutouki Tavern: Don't miss it

by gigina Updated Apr 4, 2011

A good restaurant with cheerful waiters. Complementing the dinner we were exposed to some Local Greek traditional music.

Favorite Dish: Meat Meze - Plenty of food to eat - everything delicious

ORANGE GROVE RESTAURANT: BEST STEAKHOUSE IN AYIA NAPA

by gugi66 Updated Sep 16, 2012
    Planksteak beef

This restaurant is wort a visit, great food, good staff, mini luna park for the kids.

Favorite Dish: I took a planksteak it was great.

My wife took Filet Pork Tropican

• Disabilities

Instant Answers: Ayia Napa

Comments

Ayia Napa Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ayia Napa restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ayia Napa sightseeing.