Ayia Napa Sports & Outdoors

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

Free Accompanied Walks

by greekcypriot Written Apr 18, 2011

Walking paths

Walks Accompanied by a guide (Participation Free)

Every Monday (November – March)
    Tours to Agia Napa in English and German.

Every Friday (November – March)
    Tours to Agia Napa in Swedish and English)

To book you have to contact the Tourist Information Office.
    Tel: 23721796.

Starting point: Tourist Information Office, Agia Napa.

• Photography
    • Eco-Tourism
    • Hiking and Walking

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

Beach Activities in Agia Napa

by greekcypriot Updated Apr 15, 2011

Beach activities in Agia Napa

Agia Napa’s sandy extensive silvery sandy beaches are washed with warm waters providing a myriad of opportunities for water sports.

Water-skiing, windsurfing, sailing, canoeing, pedal boats, motor boats, parasailing, scuba diving and snorkelling are very popular in this beautiful Caribbean like resort!

The Cyprus Tourism Organisation supervises the beaches, many of which have Blue Flag status.

• Windsurfing
    • Sailing and Boating

• MLdivers

by hillmas83 Written May 1, 2008

I recently went to ayia napa in cyprus with some friends and we decided to give scuba diving a try. We went with a company called ML Divers. They were all english and when talking us through what was invloved they clearly knew exactly what they were talking about. I was very apprehensive at first but the instructors were excellent. They were very patient and took things at our pace. It was one of the best experiences of my life and something that i am definately going to do again. Im going back later this year to do my open water course with them.

Equipment: All the equipment we needed was supplied by them and it was all included in the price

• Water Sports
    • Adventure Travel

• om_212's Profile Photo

Cycling Paradise

by om_212 Updated Aug 20, 2007

bike routes are marked in yellow

if you like wind in your hair, sun beams on your skin and sea on your side, and also like cycling, Cyprus is the ideal place for you. it's convenient way for many things: from grocery shopping to enjoy the sunset in the harbor.

Cycling in Agia Napa is safe as long as you remember that cycling, like driving, here is on the left-hand side.

Equipment: there are plenty of bike rentals in the city. one day rental would cost you 3 Cypriot Pounds no matter whether you take a family or mountain bike; you can do as well as 10-13 for a week rental.

P.S. before the travel, I have found a great cycling route brochure on the internet with routes throughout the country. despite all effort, couldn't find the link when I came back. BUT, I have saved a pdf copy ;) would be happy to share with all interested parties upon request.

• Cycling

• ratherton's Profile Photo

Scuba Diving

by ratherton Updated Oct 9, 2003

Diving In Cyprus

Sunfish Divers are a 5 Star PADI dive centre based in Ayia Napa. I took my PADI Underwater Photographer speciality course here and the instructor was also a professional photographer.

I felt totally comfortable with these guys. The only complaint was the lack of marine life (compared to places like the Red Sea) but that's not really their fault.

Equipment: To prove the integrity of these guys, I'll share this experience with you.

My course cost about CY£60 and I used my own equipment. I stupidly managed to leave my regulators in Cyprus. These guys arranged to have them sent to me in Sweden at a cost of CY£24. I contacted them when the regs arrived to arrange payment.

The equipment was worth of US$1500 so I was a very relieved traveller when I got them back.

• Sharon's Profile Photo

Bangee Anyone ?

by Sharon Updated Aug 22, 2003

My Sister doing the bangee

Many beaches in Ayia Napa has many kind of sea sports to offer. Just go and pick....

In the Pic' My sister is doing (second time) bangee, isnt she great ?!
    No i haven't done any oh no...Not me ... im a chicken..lol

• Stavris's Profile Photo

BUNGY JUMP MADNESS

by Stavris Written Jul 24, 2003

PURE BUNGY

At the begining i just enjoyed the view of Ayia Napa and the beauiful beaches from 90 meters up in the air. Afterwards adrenalin was pumping, and i had to make my decision, do i jump or not? For a few seconds i was just standing there looking under and all of a sudden i desided to jump. "GAMOTO, DKIAOLE" I sceamed and once i touched the water i felt unbelievable satisfaction.

• Maeniel's Profile Photo

Water Jet Bikes.

by Maeniel Written Jan 23, 2003

First off, for those who are not aware of what a Jet-Bike is, it is a basically a bike on water. It runs slightly different however, so you will spend the first ten minutes getting a feel for it on the water.

Then you start to get to have some fun. This vehicle can go at speeds exceeding the speed limit of ground based vehicles. It is kind of cool remembering that you are going faster than what cars are allowed to do.

After you have your footing, you then start to appreciate the finer things on your trip, such as the view of the coast line from the sea, getting a good look at hidden bays and beaches. The water of the Mediterranean has a wonderful blue colour to it, giving all of the landscapes you will see a fantastic base.

OK - now the bad news: £25 CP will get you half an hour. Worth it, at least once, provided money is not too tight.

Equipment: Do not bring your best set of clothing. Bear this in mind especially with trainers/footwear. The safety regulations stipulate footwear is required to Jet-Bike here and the sea-water is good at ruining the stitching of shoes, etc. Soooo.... bring an old disposable pair that you don't mind ruining.

Instant Answers: Ayia Napa

Comments

Ayia Napa Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Ayia Napa sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ayia Napa sightseeing.