Protaras Favorites

Clear turquoise waters in Protaras

Best Rated Favorites in Protaras

Good bargains....off season

by greekcypriot Updated Mar 26, 2011

Favorite thing: Cyprus might be somewhat kind of expensive, and it is not considered a cheap destination. However, if you are interested to visit the island now in March you can surely find some good bargains. The most expensive season to book is during July through September, but Cyprus is not a country that one goes just for its beaches. There are so many places worth visting with much history and culture, and the more you mix up with locals the more you will love the island. Yes, I believe it is worth visiting, and why not start from Larnaca???

Fondest Memory:The hospitality of the people I find, the new places I visit, the new friends I make and the new experience I have each time I fly to the island of Cyprus make me want to visit Cyprus again and again.

The moment I fly back to Greece, the same day I search to find a budget ticket and return to Cyprus. It is truly an ideal island for All Seasons!

Clear turquoise waters in Protaras
    • Surfing
    • Water Sports

Travellig to Cyprus on a Budget

by greekcypriot Written Mar 26, 2011

Favorite thing: If you want to come to Cyprus on a budget come the end of May. Hotels are much cheaper then. October is also a month that one finds cheaper hotels. Of course during winter and autumn hotels are cheaper, but there is nothing you can do if you wish to visit Protaras or Agia Napa these cold months. Everything is closed and the village looks like haunted.

When flying to Larnaca and you don't want to spend much, pick the local buses that can take you to Protaras from the Palm Tree Avenue. The cost is not much, but you can of course book in Larnaka and have several day trips to the different villages or near-by cities.

Local transport on the island has recently made great improvement, and there are buses even during the weekends.
    Book a budget hotel....I can suggest the EasyHotel which I stayed there several times and find it the best.

I don't recommend expanding to too many places if you are on the island for a short time.
    Stay at a place and enjoy it and come again another time.....if you really want to relax!

Fondest memory: My fondest memory of Protaras is imagining myself swimming in the turquoise waters or walk on the white sandy beaches. I love the Fig Tree Bay beach which is the best.

Fine white sandy beaches in Protaras
    • Water Sports

Internet Access

by greekcypriot Updated Apr 17, 2011

Favorite thing: Internet access is increasingly available in tourist centres in the guise of internet cafes and side rooms equipped with monitors.

Prices vary, and in hotels or private resorts you may find it a bit more expensive.

Many cafes now offer free wi-fi access.

If you go to the Mc Donalds you will fave free internet access ....I have been there myself.

Cyprus is beautiful!
    • Photography

Instant Answers: Protaras

Comments

Protaras Favorites

Reviews and photos of Protaras favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Protaras sightseeing.