Protaras Restaurants

The Salmon Tartar appetizer
    The Scallops appitizer

Best Rated Restaurants in Protaras

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

TO ELLINADIKON: Cypriot Cuisine !

by greekcypriot Written Nov 1, 2011

The restaurant -

I had dinner one night here while at Protaras.
    I loved the style, the interior décor and thought to drop in and have a look.
    Then I returned late in the afternoon to check and see if the look matches with the taste!

There is a live music and bouzouki every night, and people enjoy the beautiful evening outing. October and still it feels like June or July here in beautiful Protaras.

Meat Meze here includes 18 dishes and costs 16 euro per person.
    Fish Meze includes 20 dishes and costs 19 euro per person.

Tip: If you want to try Meze and you are more than 3 or 4 persons always ask for one less. It is pity to leave behind food because it is always so much that you cannot eat it all.
    Of course if you are two persons, you have no alternative but ask for meze for two.
    Kleftiko costs 11.90, but if you don’t know what it is, you will have a small portion included if you ask for the meat meze.
    Beer here costs 3.50 and half a kilo of wine (carafe) costs 5.50.

I had a good time, and thus I recommend it.

• Beaches

• cheekymarieh's Profile Photo

The Steak & Ale House: Not Just Excellent Steak

by cheekymarieh Written Jul 2, 2007

A very friendly setting, good service. Lula and the family make you feel very welcome.

The restaurant is always spotlessly clean and nothing appears to be too much trouble for the staff.

There is an excellent choices of dishes on the menu with something to appeal to everyone. My parents are not the easiest of people to feed when it comes to food but even they have a choice of dishes from the menu ... as does my vegetarian freind.

Favorite Dish: The chicken dishes (I've tried quite a few) are superb ... as are the steaks.I also love the salsa dip with pitta bread and the the buffalo chicken wings. Also of exceptional quality is the swordfish for seafood lovers. It is usually very tasty.

My favourite dish of all is the calamari el diabolo. It is a squid stew with a hint of chilli. Absolutely delicious. It's the only place in the area where the squid doesn't come in rings and served with chips.

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

The Sofa Sofa Bar and Restaurant: Huge Gourmet Dishes, excellent taste!

by greekcypriot Written Oct 14, 2011

Dining at the Sofa Sofa in Protaras

I arranged to have my dinner at the Sofa Sofa Restaurant while in Protaras and I came here with a friend.
    My friend who knows well the place told me that it is a new restaurant, just a year old, and I should try it for sure before returning to Greece. She knows that I love checking on new spots and always love good quality food so here we are to check on this restaurant as well.

We did not have to walk much to get here since I was staying at the Odessa Beach Hotel and this restaurant is part of the group.
    The night was beautiful, it was cool with the stars brightly shining above us and the lights at the restaurant were creating the best atmosphere with very soft pleasing to the ears music. The three or four couples and a group of friends who had come much before us seemed to be enjoying their dinner.

I did not expect to find gourmet dishes in the first place, and I was happily surprised with the quality, the huge portions, and taste of everything I tried. The service was fast and professional.

We started our dinner with a glass of white wine at first, and then we ordered a fresh green salad with salmon. It was really huge and colorful.
    I try to eat light at night so I asked for the prawn dish with ouzo cream and rice and we finished dinner with an apple pie and some ice cream. Of course there were many other gourmet dishes to choose from, with a variety of meat dishes as well, but I try to avoid meat myself.

The food was so delicious, the atmosphere the best and if I had to grade everything I would honestly give it an A.
    I urge people who love good cuisine to visit this restaurant. I did not find it expensive at all, and if you consider the delicious huge portions, the nice environment and ambience, the service and professionalism here it certainly worth every penny you spend here.

• Luxury Travel
    • Wine Tasting

• cheekymarieh's Profile Photo

Kartanas: Have A Meze ... But Make Sure You're Hungry

by cheekymarieh Written Jul 2, 2007

As well as having the opportunity to sample some excellent Cypriot cuisine, the waiters will often provide a demonstration of Greek dancing.

The service is excellent. All of the staff are extremely friendly and make you feel welcome.

Favorite Dish: There is quite a wide range of traditional Cypriot cusisine on the menu as well as steaks. If you want to try the local dishes, I would recommend the meze. This consists of about 20 different dishes for you to sample. Items usually served to start with are: tzatziki, taramosalate, halloumi, lountza, pitta bread, Greek salad, tahini and olives. These are followed by dishes such as kalamari, sheftalia, keftedes, souvlaki, dolmades, kleftiko, afelia, stifado and chips!
    To finish off you will be served water melon.

All the dishes are cooked to perfection.

Be sure to wash it all down with a carafe of the local red wine. It comes highly recommended!

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

KYKLOS - Mezedopolio: Authentic Greek Cuisine – A good choice!

by greekcypriot Updated Nov 1, 2013

KYKLOS Reastaurant by the main road

Kyklos is a popular restaurant with tasty freshly prepared food with friendly and attentive staff.
    Local/Mediterranean cuisine -Portions are generous.

TRY THE MEZE. You cannot leave Cyprus without trying a few dishes from the meze list. The guys will be more than happy to recommend a few.
    “Tyrokeftes” -Cheese croquets come 4 in the portion. The other meze I recommend is the “Kolokythokeftedes” Fried Zucchini balls. Both appetizers cost €4.80 each.

TIP: Ask for pikilia instead of taking whole portions. It is the cheapest alternative and you have the opportunity to try several dishes -something like the Spanish tapas.*

MAIN DISH: Mousaka is at €9.90 and Lamb in vine leaves costs €15.40.
    Pork kebab is at €9.20 while the Donner Kebab costs €9.60.

SEAFOOD: Sea bass filet is at €16.90 and is accompanied by grilled vegetables.
    Salmon for €15.50,
    Grilled Jambo Prawns with tomato sauce for €18.20. All 3 dishes are accompanied by roasted potatoes.*

• Beaches

• rl1steve's Profile Photo

Socrates Taverna: Cypriot food

by rl1steve Updated Oct 29, 2010

I tried one of the specials they called it Tavas it is like a stew and very tasty. My Grandson tried some of my meal and he liked it that much we had to go back the next night so that he could order it.

Favorite Dish: A local dish called Tavas

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

The FISHBONE Restaurant: Exquisite Seafood, Worth to give it a Try!

by greekcypriot Written Nov 1, 2013

The Broiled Black Cod dish - heavenly!

A LA CARTE: Cooked/Grilled seafood –the catch of the day.

Dining at the al fresco FISHBONE Seafood Restaurant is a treat. With the full moon above it is even magic!

The spot is idyllic and the service impeccable.

APPETIZERS: I had Thanos, the maître d’ hotel recommend something really nice for me so as a first starter I had a tidbit of Salmon Tartar for €11.20 which I found ambrosial.
    The Scallops my second appetizer for €10.90 were mouthwatering, fresh and so tasty!
    I accompanied the two appetizers with a glass of an exceptional local dry wine (Petridis Xynisteri). I consider it one of the most interesting Cypriot wines. It has a balance and an intense fruity flavor. The bottle costs €15.00 while the glass is at €4.50.
    I come across this wine quite often in signature restaurants both in Cyprus and Greece.

MAIN COURSE: The main dish I had was of exquisite flavor and taste and was the Broiled Black Cod with teriyaki sauce for €23.50. I highly recommend it. It was served with stir fried vegetables which were cooked to perfection, accompanied by garlic sautéed potatoes.

With this dish I had a glass of a top quality wine coming from north Greece, -Drama. It has a peculiar name – “The Black Sheep” Semillon & Sauvignon Blanc. An aromatic wine with a rich mouth-feel, fresh acidity, well-structured and an extreme taste. €4.50 glass.

DESSERT: I finished the meal with a dessert. There are several to choose from and the price varies from €4.60 - €5.80. My choice was the traditional Italian Panna cotta.
    I had it with a glass of Commandaria, the Cypriot historic dessert wine. Commandaria is the World’s Oldest Wine with a history behind. It was produced on the island 4.000 years ago. I am sure you will love it.

TIP: You can purchase a bottle or two from the Duty Free Shop (airport) –a nice souvenir to take back home!

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

NIKOLAS TAVERN & RESTAURANT: The Best Traditonal Cypriot Cuisine in Cyprus!!

by greekcypriot Written May 10, 2012

Nikolas tavern is popular with not only tourists but locals as well and there are holiday-makers who would come from Ayia Napa to dine here. His tavern and restaurant opens after 18:00 but is kept closed at noon. Through the years he has become popular all over the district and repeaters keep coming to see him every time they return to the island. He is very friendly and a good-hearted person, with a beautiful family. His excellent cuisine is known throughout Cyprus.

“Kleftiko” is the most popular dish, unbelievably tasty and nicely roasted –cooked in the wood oven of the restaurant. His food absolutely represents the local traditional cuisine of Cyprus. He was telling me that there is a whole procedure to heat the oven daily to the right temperature. Portions are unbelievably huge and tasty, the place is very clean, the service excellent and I urge people who still don’t know Nikola to come and dine here just for once. I am sure they will return again and again if they are really lovers of local food. I found in him the authentic Cypriot, warm hospitality, and he does deserve to rank first in the area.

The two nights I dined here I had the opportunity to taste and try different dishes.
    You can ask for “pikilia” -meaning variety. This is a nice opportunity to try different dishes in much smaller portions so on a coming visit -and I am sure there would be, to ask for the one you liked best to be brought in normal portion this time.

I highly recommend this tavern because it deserves it.

Nikolas Tavern and Restaurant is a few metres from the Capo Bay Hotel opposite a bus stop at Xenodohion Avenue Tel: +357 23 833084

It is the avenue where all the hotels are found. The word “xenodohion” means hotel in Greek.

• PanagiotisK's Profile Photo

Dasonia Restaurant: great taste wonderfull atmosphere

by PanagiotisK Written Jun 19, 2012

the restaurant is located on the main avenue of protaras. it has a beautifull balcony on the 1st floor which you can even see the sea. i tasted very good plates, especialy stakes served with potatoes rice and vegetables it depends on tastes. we also tasted 2 salads the greek and seasonal and some seafoods shrimps and some other fishs i don't remember their names. the service was excellent and our mood was very up.i recomment definitely!!

Favorite Dish: Maxim Stake

Instant Answers: Protaras

Comments

Protaras Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Protaras restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Protaras sightseeing.