Protaras Transportation

• Transportation
    Indicative fare
  • The popular and cheapest alternative- Osea shuttle
    The popular and cheapest alternative-...

Best Rated Transportation in Protaras

Coming from the North to the South

by greekcypriot Written Mar 26, 2011

Local Buses from Larnaca to Protaras and Agia Napa

If coming from Kyrenia, you should better come to Nicosia, pass the boarders and then take a taxi (mini bus)that would drive you to Larnaca to Phinikoudes (Palm tree avenue). Out there you find the bus stop that will take you to Protaras and Agia Napa. It is the same bus.

If you want to go to Agia Napa or Protaras from Larnaca by Taxi it will cost you about 45 euros (call 99672783 Leon Taxi service) or Xenis Stratis 99531221.
    Both are reliable, and ask for a discount and whoever gives you the best price book it. You can use my name if you wish.

While in the past, moving around by buses was not possible, as from summer 2010 buses are very popular on the island.

• Photography

Cheapest Airlines from Greece to Cyprus

by greekcypriot Updated Mar 26, 2011

Cyprus Airlines at Larnaca Airport

As a Cypriot living in Greece I very often fly to Larnaca. Cheap airlines???

Now it depends on the time or season. Many years ago I was flying with Cyprus airlines which I found cheaper and at the same time collected Points earned from frequent flying.
    The last couple of years I find the Aegean airlines to be the cheapest of all, but once or twice a year there are some real bargains. The previous time I booked a flight was 72 euros (2 way ticket) -however I booked 3 months earlier!

To book much cheaper try booking well in advance.When you find a good bargain book it. I have never regretted it.Many times these tickets are limited, and I can remember twice when I was ready to book a very cheap flight, and the moment of booking the ticket was taken by somebody else who was buying that same moment but who was one or two seconds faster than me.

In all, I find the Aegean airlines the cheapest.
    If you are a last minute traveller, I suggest that you check all three reliable airlines. Olympic, the Aegean, and Cyprus Airlines, and pick the cheapest.

(Eurocypria) is another Cypriot airline but I have never tried it.

• Seniors

HIRE A PRIVATE INDEPENDENT TAXI DRIVER

by greekcypriot Updated Apr 23, 2010

Every time I get down to Cyprus I have a huge problem.
    I am used to driving on the opposite side of what they drive in Cyprus so I don't dare hire a car and drive on my own. I find it quite dangerous, and to be honest I have tried several times to hire a car but every time I was in the different offices to get a car something stopped me. It was either an ambulance car passing by that moment, or watching the so many car accidents that happen on the island because tourists rent cars and drive on the opposite side just because they are not used to driving like Cyprus. It is most frastrating for me!

Instead I have found one or two persons whom I trust in the years and I can highly recommend in case somebody wishes to have a private taxi driver. Both guys are reliable, and I travel with them in cases when I want to be taken up on the mountains or to destinations that I can't use the local buses. They have fully airconditioned cars and they both can speak English well.

I suggest that you call both and pick the one who is the cheapest. It will be fair enough because both these people are reliable. If you even tell them that you are from Virtual Tourist you might have a better discount!
    Xenis Stratis Tel :357 99531221
    Leon: TEL:357 99672783

EMAN Buses from Larnaca to Ayia Napa and Protaras

by greekcypriot Updated Apr 17, 2011

The EMAN Buses leave from Phinikoudes - Athens Avenue, near Kimon square.

Larnaca - Ayia Napa - Protaras.
    DEPARTURE:
    Monday - Friday at 08.30, 09.30, 13.00, 14.00, 16.30.
    Saturday: 0.8.30, 09.30, 13.00, 14.00
    Sunday: 12.00 (via market)

RETURN:
    Monday-Friday: 08.00, 09.00, 10.00, 14.00, 16.00
    Saturday: 08.00, 10.00, 12.00, 14.00
    Sunday: 0.8.30 (via market)
    The cost is for the SINGLE ticket 7 euro, and RETURN 10

There is no Bus Service on Sunday, but I suggest that you call or find out before getting to the bus stop.
    The hours I give are till the 2nd of May, then they will I believe add more hours for the summer schedule.

(Also try the intercity buses) www.intercity-buses.com

Driving in Cyprus

by greekcypriot Written Apr 17, 2011

Driving in Cyprus

If you want to get around the island the best way to do it is of course by hiring a car.

Drivings is on the left side of the road, keeping with British and British Commonwealth practice.

The standards of driving on the island are poor although the roads are really very good. You see, drivers attract their art with an equal mix of aggressiveness and incompetence and view road rules as mere guidelines.

Many accidents happens because tourists get drank and drive, or because they are used to drive on the other side of the road.

In some main roads especially in the capital –Nicosia in times of heavy traffic when people want to go to work or when they return and want to get home, they sound their horn.
    Pedestrians should be very careful when crossing the roads, but also drivers should take even greater care when driving on them.

• Singles

Intercity Buses to Protaras and Agia Napa

by greekcypriot Updated Jun 1, 2011

The Intercity Bus-Protaras, Agia Napa, Paralimni

Find all the information you might need through the thread I give below.

There is daily bus service, even during the weekends as from summer 2010, the company is very reliable, and the buses depart exactly on the time mentioned.

Routes for all the main cities: Larnca, Limassol, Nicosia, Paphos
    Agia Napa and Paralimni and Protaras.

Central Bus Stop: The Palm Tree Avenue -Finikoudes.

Larnaca phone: +357 24 63492

Transport in Protaras

Summer 2011
    OSEA Eco Famagusta District Transport Organisation

Summer 2011

Find all details on routes through the district of Larnaca

Adult ticket price is just ONE Euro!! Unbelievable but true.
    I used such bus from Protaras to Larnaca just to test the duration and see if what they promote is true.
    The result was that it took me almost 1.30 minutes but I had this in mind since the bus goes through some villages and makes frequent stops.
    I was not at all in a hurry and I enjoyed it.

A ticket for the whole day costs 2 euro,
    And 10 euro for a week.
    Find more through the link below.

• Eco-Tourism

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

Comet Taxi" A Reliable one!

by greekcypriot Updated Nov 6, 2013

I recommend Taxis ONLY IF you have not an alternative.
    Taxis are extremely expensive throughout the island.

During my stay at Protaras I was out searching for a reliable taxi Office and I came across the owner Mr. Costas. (Comet Taxi). He was telling me that for years he is the chauffeur of a hotel owner I happen to know only because he avoids going to other cities in his own private car. Later on that afternoon I checked that out and indeed Mr. Costas was not lying.

Anyway, I have one or two photos indicating the cost to different areas. As you see the shortest ride costs €7 and even more if you use the taxi in the evening.

Places like the Water Park, Konnos Beach, Cape Greco, Ayia Napa centre, and others are accessible by the local Osea blue buses which happen to be very popular.

Unfortunately prices have changed regretfully due to the detrimental financial climate that Cyprus now finds itself in. Last year the fee was €1.00 but now you have to pay €1.50 for a single ride, but still the difference is huge!

Tip: Highly suggested to have the right fee upon entering the bus to avoid delays.
    Drivers might not take you on the bus if you have not the right amount.

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

EMAN - Daily Excursions around the island!

by greekcypriot Updated May 9, 2012

A bus stop in Protaras

EMAN Travel and Tours

It is about English guided excursions Programme

(2011) the guided tours start in May and end the last day of October.

These daily excursions are very popular and you can find or ask for the leaflets from the reception of the hotel you are staying. Check to see prices through the link before traveling.

There are also daily jeep safaris around the island.

The tour includes visit to Famagusta and Salamis, the Bellapais Abbey in the north, and also Kyrenia. For this reason passport or European Union ID card is needed for trips in the north.

Meals are not included in the price, and infants up to 2 years old go for free.

Excursions:
    Paphos and Curium (Aphrodite’s Birthplace, Mosaics)
    Nicosia shopping
    Troodos and Nicosia including a visit to Kakopetria and the Troodos Square
    Kykkos Monastery and Kakopetria is another excursion

Every Saturday: Discover the island (Including Nicosia, Troodos, Lania, Limassol)

Sunday: Larnaca Market and a visit to the Camel Park near Kiti

Also a visit to the Waterworld waterpart –vip entrance without queuing.

The excursions are very interesting and I highly recommend them.

Instant Answers: Protaras

Comments

Protaras Transportation

Reviews and photos of Protaras transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Protaras sightseeing.