Larnaca Nightlife

Interior of the Blu Cafe
    The outside seating - Cafe Blu

Most Recent Nightlife in Larnaca

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

Blu Cafe: Cosy and Inviting!

by greekcypriot Written Feb 13, 2013
    The Bar of the Blu

One or two times in the past I heard my closest friends who live in Larnaca mentioning the name of this Café and I knew that from time to time they meet out here. During my stay at Livadhiotis I noticed that the Blue is actually part of the hotel, so the second day I decided to surprise them because they had no idea that I was in Larnaca again and we arranged to meet for a chat.

Its modern contemporary design creates a cozy ambience that relaxes you. The Blue is popular not only to youngsters and businessmen but to families as well. I found the staff attentive and food served with no delay.

Besides coffees and refreshing cocktails the Café offers wraps, burgers and sandwiches, even salads and main courses. The Salmon platter for two costs 15 Euros, and pizzas are at 9.75. Burgers are huge with the burger blu at 9.50 –the normal size while the big blue is at 11.50.
    There are more expensive dishes like the Chicken a la crème for 15 euros or the Lamb Cutlets for 16.50. Portions are big but I still find these two a bit expensive.

For a cheaper alternative I noticed a sign post at the entrance stating that a free glass of wine accompanies any main course. This special offer for lunch between 12 noon till 4:00 pm. (Taxes and VAT included). Menu is served daily between 11:00 am till 11:00 pm.

Well, if you want to come here for some wine, the small bottle of Agios Elias costs 4 Euros, while the small Keo beer is at 3.50.

I guess this place is inviting any time of day. It is an ideal spot for a friendly gathering but I can recommend it for business meetings as well.

• Singles
    • Seniors

• planxty's Profile Photo

Savino Rock Bar: Rock and a lot more.

by planxty Updated Feb 1, 2013
    Savino Rock Bar, Larnaca, Cyprus.

The "Old Quarter" of Larnaca is definitely the happening place at night. i small pedestrian area set just back from the seafront, it is teeming with bars and clubs and only comes alive after the sun goes down.

Many of the places are much of a muchness, banging out dance music, which I'm not really fond of, but I did stumble upon this place one evening. Inside there is a small bar with a larger room adjoining, so I took a place at the bar. Being off-season, I think I was the only foreigner there (suits me) and was made to feel very welcome. I suppose speaking a little Greek helped in this respect.

In season, I suppose it's different, but it seemed that any customer who wanted was wandering up to the sound system (at the end of the bar) and choosing music. Traditional Greek tunes were being mixed up with Pink Floyd, blues, jazz and just about everything else.

A beer at £C 1:80 and a couple of ouzo at £C 2 made for a very convivial evening. Recommended.

Dress Code: Anything within reason.

• Music
    • Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

Lithos Bar and Restaurant at Oroklini: British Adore it for the Food and the Daily Events

by greekcypriot Written Oct 14, 2011

Customers coming for the quiz event at Lithos

I had a nice outing for dinner at the Lithos bar in Oroklini with friends while in Larnaca and I high recommend it. Due to renovations the Lithos bar and Restaurant is having its daily events in the premises of the Antonis G Hotel next to the swimming pool and bar area these days since the weather is so beautiful on the island. Until the Lithos is fully renovated every activity will be taken at the hotel next door which belongs to the same family.
    I was amazed with the crowds of people gathered who are regular customers as the events are on a daily basis. Quiz nights take place every Tuesday. The majority of people coming here are British coming not only from Oroklini but from the whole district of Larnaca as well. The restaurant offers top class entertainment. I had the chance to talk to several guests as I love hearing comments and sharing tips, and everyone spoke highly of not only the people here, the staff, the professional service and real huge portions of its tasty cuisine. I heard not a single bad comment.
    There is live music every Friday and Saturday plus music quiz on these days. Quests can win different gifts and these can either be money or various bottles of wine or other spirits. Five different TVs in the restaurant show everything that is going on about sports. English people are great fans of sports so this is the perfect spot to watch a match on huge screens with the company of friends and a glass of beer.
    Prices are amazing, and quality the best. The cost of a pint of draft beer is just 2 euro, but I was amazed with the huge portion of ribs which cost 9.50 euro. The cuisine is local and very tasty. The Chicken Kebab costs 7.50, Tuna salad 6.50, Mousaka here costs 8 euro, Afelia 8.50 and a dish of Stifado 9.50 euro.
    It is an amazing spot to be and I urge more British and not only to include it in their must visit hot spots in Larnaca! I consider it one of the top amusing Bar Restaurants in the whole district of Larnaca. What more can one expect if he finds everything here - good food, open hearted and friendly people, plus affordable very cheap dishes that don’t lose the high quality and freshness.
    I would certainly visit it again when in Larnaca when Lithos is fully renovated!

Dress Code: Semi formal.

• Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

• Aquarium Bar: Marina Bar

by john07000 Updated Apr 29, 2011

Aquarium Bar is in the Heart of the Marina in Larnaca its a great place to spend time Drinking and relaxing !! easy going and Very reasonably Priced !!!! It is on a Large Boat but does not go out to Sea just Stay Moored Up in the Marina Plenty more to see as well .... Enjoy and let me know what you think !!

Dress Code: Casual Very !!!

• Diving and Snorkeling
    • Sailing and Boating
    • Aquarium

• Aquarium Bar: Marina Bar

by john07000 Written Apr 29, 2011

Aquarium Bar is in the Heart of the Marina in Larnaca its a great place to spend time Drinking and relaxing !! easy going and Very reasonably Priced !!!! It is on a Large Boat but does not go out to Sea just Stay Moored Up in the Marina Plenty moor to see as well .... Enjoy and let me know what you think !!

Dress Code: Casual Very !!!

• Aquarium
    • Sailing and Boating
    • Diving and Snorkeling

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

moti mahal: a cafe bazar with character

by call_me_rhia Written Nov 9, 2007

moti mahal

Most bars and cafes in Larnaca are quite an ugly sight, and some are downright horrible. The only place with some character is Moti Mahal, a cafe bazar with comfortable sofas and cushions, in a vague turkey-meets-hollywood style.

Having said this it's a nice place to hang out at night, have a few drinks or one of their many types of hot chocolate and well... smoke some nargileh, too - but beware that it's quite a tasteless one. As the place tends to pack up fast, get there somewhat early.

Dress Code: As you wish. People tend to be on the well-dressed side, though

Instant Answers: Larnaca

Comments

Larnaca Nightlife

greekcypriot's Profile Photo

Party Time in Larnaca: There are Bars, Clubs and Pubs. What you have to do is to search out a live music venue for a taste of the sounds of Cyprus. I am so positive that you may feel the need to...