Places to eat in Larnaca District

by Avieira67

Most Viewed Restaurants in Larnaca District

Maria's Restaurant in Vavatsinia: Traditional Cypriot Cuisine and Good Service

by greekcypriot Written Mar 25, 2011

We had lunch at “Maria’s Restaurant in Vavatsinia in February, and I was surprised with the huge portions. None of us could eat the whole dish and we asked Maria to pack the rest for home.

Wonderful surroundings out in the nature with lush vegetation and singing of birds all over. If it would have been summer it would be a paradise!

The restaurant serves Traditional Cypriot cuisine and I have only good words to say for the service and the quality of what we had been served.
    I can strongly recommend it, although I know that this spot out here near Vavatsinia is already very popular to Cypriots and not only.

Read more: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/137ed3/60591/2/#ixzz1HbYDXjPa

Tavern C & P Takeaway: Stay away from this Grill Restaurant in Lefkara

by greekcypriot Written May 12, 2011

While in Lefkara I decided to have some Cypriot Kebabs so I asked to be shown where to go for the best kebab and sheftalia in the village.

I was urged to come to this restaurant and I was completely disappointed by the ignorance of the owner.
    I was brought burnt sheftalia on the outside and inside the meat was still red. It was not possible to eat it. He was sitting watching a film with a friend of his about 6 metres from where I was, - I was the only customer that moment, and I told him that the meat needs some more time on the grill because it is pink inside. The answer I got was that this is the colour of meat when cooked and he ingnored me for some 5 minutes.

Suddenly after some time from the place where he was he asked me if I wanted him to put the sheftalia on the grill again.
    I was so angry because he did not bother to come and check. If I had them put a second time on the grill they would have been burnt completely as they were already black on the outside.(See photo)

So, I suggest that you pick another place to eat and avoid completely this one.
    I still cannot understand how such a person with such irresponsibility can run a business!!

Tavern C & P Takeaway: Stay away from this Grill Restaurant in Lefkara

by greekcypriot Written May 12, 2011

So, I suggest that you pick another place to eat and avoid completely this one.

• 2 more images

Lord Kitcheners: Top Class 5 Star Food has arrived in Cyprus

by littlemissbold Updated Jun 6, 2010

As a regular visitor to Cyprus ( my parents live there) i am so often frustrated by rubbish food!

Finally i can say i have found a place that would give some of the top places in London a run for their money.

Lord Kitcheners in the village of Psematismenos ( 30mis from Larnaca town centre) has recently been taken over by a wonderful couple who really know how to cook. The food is amazing and very wallet friendly and the whole place is welcoming and comfortable!

Unique in the area it combines a fresh friendly approach with a great location, lovely atmosphere and a top notch menu. GO TO VISIT IT NOW

Favorite Dish: The restaurant offers an extensive menu and an array of specials. They also offer a wallet friendly 2 courses for 15 euros which i sampled on a thursday evening in May 2010.

I went with a group of friends and each of us decided to forgo a starter and have a main and dessert.

After starting with a choice of fresh warm bread rolls ( the tomato one was a favourite) and we shared a bottle of wine we choose from a wide and varied menu.

I opted for the Char Grilled Fillet of Beef with Homemade Chunky Chips, roasted tomatoes with steamed Spinach & a Peppercorn crusted steak which did incur a small surcharge of 5 euros. My food arrived beautifully presented and the steak was tender as butter considering the portion size and was a joy to eat. My friends raved about their meatballs, roast pork and fish dishes. The way the food is presented and the attention to detail is paramount and everyone personally thanked the chef Dean who came to the table to check on the meal.
    Dessert was a mind blowing creme brulee the best i have ever eaten( and that beats a certain chefs resturant in london who is known for his colourful language) and i defy you to find better.

Overall i can say that the 5* restaurant has arrived in Cyprus.

Larnaca District Hotels

2 Reviews - 29 Photos
Kalavasos Hotels
2 Hotels

Instant Answers: Larnaca District

Comments

Larnaca District Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Larnaca District restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Larnaca District sightseeing.
Map of Larnaca District