Nightclubs and bars in Nicosia District

Most Viewed Nightlife in Nicosia District

• MrBill's Profile Photo

Plato's Bar: excellent atmosphere

by MrBill Updated Feb 14, 2005

Was it Socrates or Plato that once said, expect nothing and you will not be disappointed?

I had no expectations as I arranged to meet friends at Plato's Bar in the Old Town of Nicosia on the Greek side of the Green Line. And, I was not disappointed. It had a non-discript exterior, and you may even have problems finding it. However, inside was warm, inviting and lively. It had the atmosphere of a college pub. Lot's of young people. Dark corners. Enough music to give it some life. Not so much that you could not talk or be heard. The tables are large, which invites groups to sit together and perhaps start chatting, too.

The bar is separated into two halves by a wall running up the middle. There is a standing bar along the wall on each side of the divide. We were there at about 22.00 on a Friday night, and although there might have been room for a few people, there was not enough room for our whole group at the bar or at our own table. So we moved on down the street to a smoke a bubble pipe and chat in a quieter pub.

However, I will definately be going back to Plato's a little earlier next time to get a good table, and my expectations of a good time are now quite high.

the gang
    • Work Abroad
    • Study Abroad

Nicosia District Hotels

• Asty Hotel

The rooms are somewhat comfortable but some of the staff were not nice to my wife and I. We had not...

• Makris Hotel

48 A Mamantos, Kakopetria, 2810, Cyprus

Satisfaction: Poor

Good for: Families

• Xenis House

During my stay in Kakopetria and while having a stroll around the village, I came across a nice...

Top Nicosia District Hotels

2 Reviews - 13 Photos
Galata Hotels
1 Review - 8 Photos

Instant Answers: Nicosia District

Comments

Nicosia District Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Nicosia District nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Nicosia District sightseeing.
Map of Nicosia District