Folk Art Museum, Geroskipou
The village of Geroskipou (also spelled Yeroskipou) lies about two miles from the centre of Paphos. To be honest, it's more of a suburb now than a seperate entity. Most people visit here because of the number of sweet manufacturers and shops, it is the home of the "Cyprus delight" confection.
A small museum worth a visit is just off the main square. It is located in the "House of Hadjismith", the 18th century home of Andreas Zimboulakis, once the British consular Agent for Western Cyprus.
The exhibits cover all kinds of traditional Cypriot handicrafts (potter, lace etc.) and there are some rooms laid out in traditional fashion.
For musicians there are also some traditional Cypriot instruments on display.
The museum is open 08.30 - 16.00 daily and admission is €1:70.Related to:
- Family Travel
- Museum Visits
- Historical Travel
Paphos District Hotels
My girlfriend and I stayed at the Louis King Jason Hotel & Apartments in Paphos for 7 nights in...more
Aphrodites Rd, Polis, 8830, Cyprus
Good for: Couples
, P.O.Box 53600, Limassol, Latchi, 3303, Cyprus
Satisfaction: Very Good
Good for: Couples
Top Paphos District Hotels
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Explore the World
- Lancaster Hotels
- Cid Island Hotels
- Clearfield Junction Hotels
- Kerikeri Hotels
- Los Angeles Off The Beaten Path
- Iowa Off The Beaten Path
- Munich Off The Beaten Path
- Rome Off The Beaten Path
- Missouri Off The Beaten Path
- South Dakota Off The Beaten Path
- Istanbul Off The Beaten Path
- South Carolina Off The Beaten Path
- Kolkata (Calcutta) Off The Beaten Path
- Prague Off The Beaten Path
- Puerto Rico Off The Beaten Path
- Israel Off The Beaten Path