Paphos Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Paphos

Restaurants in General: Harbor Side

by greekcypriot Updated Nov 15, 2014

Harbor-side:

A delicious meal chosen from a range of local and internationally themed restaurants in a beautiful setting overlooking the harbour and the Venetian fort.

When you have finished, you can walk off any extra calories with a stroll along the promenade sharing the atmosphere with the families and couples enjoying the outdoor way of life.

Have in mind that the restaurants in this area are a bit pricy…..especially the ones with seafood.

Tourist area -expect to pay more Seafood restaurant The promenade ideal for a stroll The harbor side
    • Sailing and Boating
    • Beaches

• Avieira67's Profile Photo

RAF Bar Take Away: A Special Gyros

by Avieira67 Updated Jun 4, 2014

I was leaving the supermarket when this lady looked at me and invited me to visit her bar. I was not thinking to get in, but I liked her sincere smile and invitation. I ordered a mixed Gyros. Please, don't ask me what is Gyros, Kebak and dürüm. For me, they are all the same!
    After talking to this kind lady, I noticed she was from Poland, a country I visited twice. The owner, a Cypriot, was also very kind. When he knew I was from Portugal, he began to talk about Cristiano Ronaldo, the football star player from Madeira Island.
    I was thinking to take away my food, but I decided to have a seat and I stayed for a while chatting with the lady when eating the delicious Gyros. I ordered orange juice to drink.

• Avieira67's Profile Photo

Café close to bus station: Local beer

by Avieira67 Updated Apr 15, 2014

After returning back from Adamas National Park it was almost dark, and I didn't go to Petra tou Romiou, as I wished to. Ok, next time I will visit the place!
    Just close to the bus station, in Kato Pafos, there are many cafés where you can enjoy the ocean while drinking a coffee or, why not, a local beer.
    At this café, they were having happy hour for beer. Half kilo was 2.0 EUR.

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

"FYTI PEFKOS" Restaurant: Unbeattable quality, reasonable prices!

by greekcypriot Written Jul 8, 2012

The small traditional village of Fyti (known for its famous Fythkiotika weaving textile industry) is only 25 minutes drive from Paphos and 15 minutes from Polis. I came here a few weeks ago to include this traditional little village in my Cyprus Guide.

‘PEFKOS’ is the name of the 2nd Restaurant of the village and it is found across the square opposite the central church of the village.
    It is much smaller than the other restaurant of the village but there is a garden seating above the road crammed with plant life with vines hanging decorously around the place, creating a lush protection from the sun.

The owner Mr. Christodoulos Stefanou is the kind of local who represents the authentic Cypriot.
    The fact that the owner might not understand much English is not a problem because he can provide you with the English menu list. (How about some sigh language which usually works)?

The key words can be feta, salad, olives lountza or halloumi) It is more quiet and while I am waiting for my bus a few metres from Pefkos, I find the chance to start a conversation with a group of French who are enjoying their lunch here. They are impressed they tell me first from the kindness of Mr. Stefanou, the excellent quality of his food and the reasonable priced menu.
    Indicative price of some dishes here:
    Kleftiko costs 9 euros, Mezedes (variety of different dishes) 12 euros per person and it includes a dip, salad, halloumi, zucchini with eggs, stifado, afelia, kleftiko and potatos. Souvla which means meat on the spit costs 10 euros a portion, the village salad costs 3.50. Of course there are ample of other things to choose from.

The extra side dishes, tzatziki, olives, tahini cost 1 euro each, fried potatoes 2 euro.

Village wine (red dry) 3.50, a glass of brandy 4cl costs 1.50.
    Keo/Carlsberg small 1.15 and the large bottles 2.15 euros.

I highly recommend it!

The sitting area in the central square The sign post with the price list of everything Mr. Christodoulos, an authentic local The sitting area above the road -Amazing!
    • Eco-Tourism

Fikiotiki Taverna, or Maria's Place: A Restaurant in the village of Fyti

by greekcypriot Written Jul 8, 2012

The small traditional village of Fyti is only 25 minutes drive from Paphos and 15 minutes from Polis.

The ‘Fyti village tavern’ used to be a boys’ school. It is nicely decorated and the owner is a nice lady called Maria. It seems to be more popular than the other restaurant probably because it is bigger and also it was made known through a writer who happened to have lunch here and wrote about it in a magazine some years back. The lady who runs it had this luck so if tourists come across this article they get straight here. The cuisine is local.
    I have below a few things from the price list.

Cyprus meze consists of 10 different dishes in small portions) 13 euro for one person. Fried potatoes cost 3.85, Special Sunday lunch 13 euros.

Beer the big bottle is at 2.50 euros and a small bottle of water costs 0.85.

Maria  in her restaurant Interior of the restaurant
    • Eco-Tourism

• planxty's Profile Photo

Happy island.: The best stifado ever.

by planxty Updated Jun 14, 2012

I have to be fair and declare an interest here. My ex-girlfriend, her cousin and I were invited here as the owner was a friend of friends, as is often the way in Cyprus. We duly arrived for a bite of lunch which quickly turned into a three hour blowout. Such is the way things go on the island.

Being entirely dispassionate, this place is very, very good. The fact that my Cypriot friends in Paphos, given a huge choice of restaurants, eat here regularly bears witness to this.

It's difficult to say what my favourite Cypriot dish is, kleftiko and afelia rate up there but, if pushed I would have to plump for stifado. It is basically a spiced meat stew with lots of onions and, if done well, is absolutely superb. The stifado here, and it is a hard choice given the number of very good ones I've eaten, was proably the best I have ever had. It came as part of a meze, with salad, hummous, taramasalata, pitta bread etc. etc. and was beautifully done.

Happy Island offers all the local standards - fish, seafood, traditional Cypriot dishes, as well as pastas etc. - the menu is fairly extensive and driven, to a large extent, by what is good in the market. Ask Stelios about the day's specials.

The restaurant itself is pleasant, although not ostentatious and the service was attentive but not over-bearing.

There are some very good wines on offer, and a greek coffee to finish rounded off a superb meal.

I have eaten in a number of restuarants over the years in Paphos, and this still remains my favourite.

Favorite Dish: The stifado - see above for details.

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• Fettas corner: Am-mez-ing

by Jorama Written Jun 5, 2012

We took a recommendation from a guide book for this gem in Paphos. You can tell it's good because of the locals filling the restaurant. I wanted to let anyone out there going to Paphos that this is the best mixed meze in town. Just make sure you go on an empty stomach and don't eat too much of the bread served at the start. This is hard because the hummous and home made pitta is just the best I've ever had. The waiter looked visibly upset when we could only eat half of the final 3 meat sevings. It was absolutely delicious.

Favorite Dish: The other nice thing about this place is the tables are all outside and in the warm evening it is just lovely.

• Elea Restaurant: Events and Special Celebrations

by markos1983 Written Nov 28, 2011

Eléa

Cyprus is famed for the warmth of its hospitality and at Eléa you will find the finest food, prepared with care and attention and accompanied by the region’s most delectable wines.

Fresh, local ingredients are brought to life by our internationally experienced kitchen brigade, whose unrivaled culinary skills ensure an inspiring menu perfectly suited to your personal tastes, with extra attention paid to individual requirements and special diets.

Grapes are grown in abundance around Paphos, giving the region a long tradition of excellent wine. The cellar at Eléa Estate is extensive, ensuring the flavours which grace your plate will always find a perfect accompaniment in your glass.

At the top of his game
    A world class restaurant, five stunning terraces, relaxed bar areas and impressive reception rooms: Eléa draws on the best of traditional and modern hospitality to make every moment perfect.

The restaurant
    Eat in our beautifully designed interior or sit under the stars, admiring the views over the Mediterranean, whilst enjoying an alfresco dining experience in our 120 cover signature restaurant.

Lounge and golf shop terrace
    For a lighter snack, bacon rolls, tea & coffee, fresh juices, pastries and cakes.

The Terrace
    For more informal dining, lunches, snacks and sundowner cocktails, selecting from both of our specially prepared golfers menu and ala carte option.

Halfway House
    For those that cannot wait for the 19th hole, the Halfway House offers welcome refreshments, golfers' classics and daily specials.

The bar and members lounge
    Enjoy a wide selection of beers, spirits, wonderful wines, cocktails, snacks, bar food, nibbles, tipples and olive bar, with great views over the golf course and beyond to the sea.

Favorite Dish: Offering the highest standard of international cuisine throughout the day and evening, the restaurant and bar areas of the clubhouse welcome for example "guests who really do enjoy the finer things in life."

Pan fried sea bass, broad beans, artichoke textures, hollandaise foam.

Guests can enjoy a modern, up-market and stylish dining experience selecting from menus that combine fresh local Cypriot ingredients with an international flair.

The Eléa salad, garden greens, locally grown tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, feta cheese and olives.

Olives, herbs, locally sourced cheese and meats, along with fish and fruit all feature on the extensive Eléa Estate dining menus and, of course there are also some hearty post-round options – club sandwiches, burgers and pasta – for the players seeking a traditional golfers snack.

Lamb shank kleftico, fondant potatoes, locally grown vegetables

Our food and beverage team works tirelessly to create meals and drinks that appeal to a wide cross section of international and local visitors. Whether our guests would like to sample the very best of Cypriot and international wines, or quench their thirst on highly acclaimed beers and spirits from around the world, the Eléa dining and beverage experience has something for everyone.

And of course the best burgers and club sandwiches in Cyprus...

• Camares Restaurant: Not to be missed!

by Shrekshrek Written Aug 16, 2011

Recent visit to island & this was our 1st choice mostly because of service & quality of food. We also would visit just for drinks or even snacks in day time. One of the cheapest in Paphos. Great food and service. Friendly and very clean. Three courses including wine for 12.50 euros. Wide ranged menu from full breakfast, cypriot and oriental delicacies. Also, nice to sit and watch the world go by. Have been going to this restaraunt for many years and never been disappointed.

Favorite Dish: The pork chop that we had on one evening was almost the size of the plate & I had a job to get through the whole meal. The staff where always happy to see you & even the service I personally could not fault, they weren't to pushy like some other establishments to drag you in & this place is always busy in the evening.

Just in front of camares Camares
    • Beaches

Poseidonas Restaurant and Cafe: Nice view of the Marina and Castle

by greekcypriot Updated Jul 12, 2011

A popular retaurant and cafe in the area opposite the marina near the old castle.
    You can either sit on the top floor to enjoy the beautiful scenery, or next to the marina below.
    Prices vary here.

Favorite Dish: Fish is always expensive anywhere on the island, and it is also here.
    Some of the dishes:
    Mousakas 11.10
    Kleftiko 11.10
    Fish meze costs 20 euro per person
    Carbonara costs 8.50
    and the village salad 6.40

Avoid bottled wine here for sure.
    Ask for a bottle of beer Keo which is local and very tasty.

Poseidonas Restaurant The cost of some dish
    • Beer Tasting

• Seagull: Good Service Good Food

by nettyfitz Updated Apr 4, 2011

We stayed half board in Paphos and had our lunch at the Seagull when we were not on excursions. The staff are friendly and very anxious to please. It is owned by the Papasawas Family and was originally started by the grandfather in the cottage which has now been extended.

Favorite Dish: We had a variety of dishes and they were all good.

• Seniors

• Angelika Cafe Restaurant: Enjoy traditional Cypriot, Greek music and dance.

by ktismata Updated Apr 4, 2011

The restaurant benefits from the coolness of the trees that surround it and the great sea - view that lie beneath adn the breath taking sunsets.

Favorite Dish: Cyprus Meze
    Apart from the Greek and Cypriot choices you have on the menu you can also enjoy a variety of European dishes

• Palm Grove: The best in Coral Bay

by eggbilly Updated Apr 4, 2011

Set in a corner position, we missed this place the first three times we went out, but once we tried it, we had to go back again.

The waiters are extremely attentive and the food is the best we had during our two weeks.

Mousakka is by far the tastiest we had and the wine was good too. Prices were average.

Eating out in general (6 of us, but the baby always had chips) was not too pricey I guess - our average bill was ý54 cyprus pounds of course, including a couple of rounds of drinks.

Favorite Dish: Mousakka
    Kleftiko
    Stiffado

• Cavallini: Prepare to be dissappointed

by nickniro Written Mar 20, 2011

Well fitted out nretsuarnt with war atmosphere. Adequate menu and grossly over-priced wine list. Off-licence Euro 6 Valpollicela sells for Euro 25.

Staff especially manager insincere and touchy-feely. V creepy.

Starters adequate. Main courses attrocious. Didn't try a desert as couldn't get anyone's attention.

When locals walk in any tourist can forget about service.

Our tip is go and eat at Luigi's pasta, pizza and grill next door.

Favorite Dish: The bruschetta. It was complimentary.

• debbieabbott's Profile Photo

Aegean: Its a no go

by debbieabbott Updated Nov 12, 2010

We went in as it said Greek food and it was near to our hotel.On the way in we saw an unhappy cat..... should have known...We had to wait 20mins for our table to be laid and our drinks to come. Then another 35 mins for our starter ..... and another 40 mins for our main meal. The food was horrid frozen warmed up and the prices were high. We would say dont go in .

Favorite Dish: The rosa wine was nice

An unhappy cat

Instant Answers: Paphos

Comments

Paphos Restaurants

greekcypriot's Profile Photo

Harbour: Several of the restaurants here because it is the touristy area! Choose your delicious meal from a range of local and internationally themed restaurants in a beautiful setting...