Area of monastery is placed on the law hill, out of circuit of middleaged town. The building is creating a very perspective view point and also at the same time urbanely neutralizes the chateau complex on the opposite hill.
The monastery was found by Jan. Frantisek Bruntalsky of Vrbno in 1668. The guts of monastery buildings originated in 70’s of 17th century. In 1676 and 1695 the area soon was renovated after damages by fire of town, and more following tectonic editing were done in the 18th century.
In 1950, the monastery was annulated, and then the buildings stayed without using and started to waste away.
Nowadays, over trying to salve the objects of monastery and church of St. Joseph by the Museum of Novy Jicin region, regional authority of the Moravskoslezsky region and Culture department of CR belongs among the most endangered sight in Moravia.
The church of St. Joseph was opened on July 13 2006 after its renovation.
Former churchyard chapel made in 1632 consists of rotunda and tetrahedral hall.
There stood one chapel on each side of the main entrence to the former cemetery surrounded by ring-fenced wall. There are remnders of one of them. The second chapel (high pointed thatch roof) is well-preserved. Occasionaly there exibitions take palce in the chapel of Sts'. Roch and Sebestian situated just in the center of the area.