Nightclubs and bars in Prague

• Nightlife
    by croisbeauty

Most Viewed Nightlife in Prague

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

We change our interests after ages

by croisbeauty Updated Jun 21, 2014

Age is changing our habits and behavior, in late adulthood more of us are not interested in a night vigil at various clubs and "killing" there with alcohol. From today's perspective, Prague has not changed compared to my previous visit of nearly 35 years ago, unless it is now much more coherent and thus become more attractive. At the present time, however, there is a lot more street cafes with terraces and restaurants are somehow coherent and airy.
    The pub had always been the trademark of Prague, just as today they are much more than before, are widespread throughout the city and are much cleaner, in particular it relates to a toilets....

• arturowan's Profile Photo

Lucerna Music Bar: Lucerna Palace

by arturowan Written Jun 21, 2014

The Lucerna Music Bar is housed within the Lucerna Palace, an art deco building in Prague's new town...
    The venue has an impressive list of international artists who have performed there, as well as being the choice stage for any up-&-coming local band, such as DVA
    Performers over the years have been diverse, from rock, opera, to jazz, including the dancer, Josephine Baker...
    The building has featured in many significant events in the history of the country, especially its political struggle with the Soviet Union...
    0n 17th June 1969, THE BEACH BOYS became the first western performers to play in the city after the troops were sent in by order from Moscow, in 1968
    Coincidentally, their current single was Breakaway, which lead singer Mike Love, made a point of dedicating to Czech President, Vaclav Havel...
    The Vaclav Havel Tribute Concert was performed here in 2011
    An annual Prague International Jazz Festival, makes its home at the Music Bar, having received some of the best known American jazz performers over the decades...

THE BEACH BOYS in Prague, 1969
    • Theater Travel

• kris-t's Profile Photo

Casino Kartac Savarin: Prague Casinos

by kris-t Written Oct 20, 2013

Prague has a number of city centre casinos to try your luck with. Casino Kartac Savarin is one of them.

Players must be over 18 and in possession of a passport or ID card.

Games available include American Roulette, Black Jack, Pontoon, Poker (Texas Holdem, Oasis Stud, Seven Card and Three Card), cash games and there is a selection of slot machines. Drinks are complimentary while you play.

Open Daily 24 hours a day.

Free entrance with a valid passport or ID card.

Dress Code: Casual: jeans, trainers, T-shirts and shorts all acceptable

Casino Kartac Savarin Casino Kartac Savarin
    • Casino and Gambling
    • Business Travel
    • Work Abroad

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

Malostranska pivnice: Visiting pivnice is a must

by croisbeauty Written Sep 15, 2013

Visit Prague and not taste Czech beer would be like to visit Rome and miss to see the Colosseum. Czechs are very proud of their beer and are considered to be the best in the world. I am not a fan of beer and really drink it in a very rare occasions, so my judgment may not be relevant. I find that Czech beer is very good quality because it is smooth, tasty and not to bitter.
    What I saw in the pubs, however, made me believe that beer lovers are a bit strange because often drink beer in one gulp and I don't think they can really feel its taste. Moreover, they drink beer in a huge quantities. For me it was fun to watch beer lovers, because I got the impression as they compete among themselves who can drink more.

Malostranska pivnice Malostranska pivnice Tkalcovsky dvur cafe Tri Stoleti

The pubs and restaurants in Mala Strana

by croisbeauty Updated Sep 15, 2013

For a real insight into the nightlife of Prague, or any other city, the visitor must stay in the city at least the entire week. In less than three days, I was in Prague, my plan was adjust to see as many sights as possible and I simply had no time and place for a nightlife. Besides, a man of my age should have different requirements and interests in terms of a night life.
    I visited several pubs and restaurants, which are located mainly in Mala Strana (Lesser Town), where was my hotel. For my age it is more appropriate enjoying in good food and drink than tomfoolery at disco clubs.

Restaurace

• johngayton's Profile Photo

Lucerna: Hmmm, Surprised this isn't listed

by johngayton Updated Aug 28, 2013

Yep, surprised there is no easy listing for Lucerna here on VT - this is a great nightspot, though very much a locals one.

Only went here twice, first time caught an excellent jazz band (George Mraz Quartet) and then a trio of local rock bands on second visit - can't remember what they were called but second band especially were pretty good:)

Beer was 27.5 Kc - Entry 100 Kc - (hah! got that wrong way round??? Maybe Not!!)

Two very pleasant evenings, even if the only person I could talk to was the barman - very limited conversation: "Pivo Prosim!", "Prosim, djinkue"...ad (almost) infinitum!

This place has a really good atmosphere, the people are out to enjoy themselves and are very appreciative of the bands. I felt really comfortable here, just going with the flow - lots of non-verbal communication, eye-contact and smiles always work for me.

As to the photo, well my camera didn't like the lighting very much (even on editing back home), but couldn't resist this one - this was taken at great personal risk considering that her and her companion were accompanied by 2 rather large (and obviously Eastern European) gentlemen - could've been "The Concrete Overshoes" if caught.

Update 2013 - Website below now has an English language option :-)

Dress Code: No strict dress code - but as always, scantily dressed females always welcome.

Shot this one for JtF Digi didn't like lighting!

Staroměstska Restaurace: Good spot on Old Town Square

by Jefie Updated Jan 12, 2013

None of the restaurants located on Old Town Square really appealed to me as far as food went, but the idea of sitting down at one of the terraces facing the square to have a pint while watching people go by and resting up my feet really did! So early one evening we ended up going for a pre-dinner drink (which eventually turned into a couple of drinks!) at Staroměstska Restaurace. Even though the place was getting pretty crowded, we felt no pressure whatsoever to order food or to leave and make room for other customers. There was a nice selection of local beer and wine, and I loved being able to watch people walking around the square. The heated lamps were also very much appreciated once the sun went down. If you feel like nimbling on something, they offer a good selection of appetizers.

Dress Code: Casual

Nothing beats a good pint of pivo! View of the square from our table
    • Wine Tasting

• Jefie's Profile Photo

Cafe-Cafe: Cool atmosphere at this gay-friendly cafe

by Jefie Updated Jan 12, 2013

We stumbled upon this lively cafe on our way back to the hotel one evening. It's probably the trendiest spot we walked into during the time we spent in Prague, but that's mostly because of the young, sharply-dressed crowd of customers; the staff simply wore black t-shirts with gay-friendly slogans on them. Our waitress was really nice and when we asked if we could possibly share a bowl of spinach risotto, not only was she happy to accommodate us (some restaurants just don't like this practice) but it was served in two separate, very nicely presented bowls, with cherry tomatoes and fresh parmesan on top. The risotto was delicious and it went really well with the glass of local red wine I ordered. The brick walls, velvet curtains and funky deco of the cafe really added to the atmosphere of the place and we enjoyed our evening so much that we ended up going back for drinks and dessert on our last evening in Prague.

Dress Code: Sort of trendy, but casual works too.

At Cafe-Cafe in Prague At Cafe-Cafe in Prague on a Thursday night A delicious risotto at Cafe-Cafe
    • Gay and Lesbian

• Jefie's Profile Photo

O'Che's Bar: Ever heard of an Irish-Cuban pub before?

by Jefie Updated Jan 10, 2013

When I heard that Prague was home to possibly one of the only Irish-Cuban pubs in the world, I decided to check it out. Other than its funky name, it's hard to tell what is supposed to be Cuban or Irish about this place. The menu features your typical selection of pub food along with some Tex-Mex dishes (?!). Oh well, at least my chicken ceasar salad and Sylvain's burger were decent. The place was still a bit quiet when we got there, but soon enough groups of students began to arrive and turned it into a lively spot. There was live music, but again, don't expect anything remotely Cuban or Irish to be played. Well, that's not entirely true, I do think they played a U2 song. It was a nice enough pub and our waitress was very friendly but all in all, I'd say there are better options in Prague.

Irish vs. Czech beer at O'Che's! Our meal at O'Che's

U Pinkasu: Another great pub in Prague

by Jefie Updated Jan 10, 2013

We spent our first evening in Prague in the biergarten of this lovely pub established in 1843. Although food is available, we'd already had dinner so we were happy just to order something to drink. U Pinkasu is famous for being the first pub in Prague to offer Pilsner Urquell, which is of course what we ordered. Up until then, people were used to drinking only dark beer; once they had a chance to taste the blond lager beer, it became so popular that the Pinkas family, who owned the pub at the time, had to buy the house next door to make room for more customers. I very much enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere in the pub's inner courtyard, perhaps even more so than in the pub itself. The wooden tables were surrounded by old brick and stone walls, one of which featured arched windows (it's right next to a church), which gave the place a very unique charm.

Dress Code: Casual

U Pinkasu in Prague In the courtyard at U Pinkasu A historic moment in Prague! Sylvain enjoying his Pilsner Urquell

• Reduts jazz club: Black light theatre in Reduta jazz club

by KatrinKr Written Sep 29, 2012

Hello, I´d like to share my impression from my first visit to the capital od the Czech Republic - Prague. I was there with my friends and we looked for some fun for the saturday evening etc. During shopping at Wenceslas´ square e got the leaflet with the black light theatre from one pleasant hostess to "some" Reduta jazz club (I heard about it a few pieces of iformation but I have never been there) - the title "Magic trip to Prague" catched our attention because we wanted to learn more about this beautiful historical city and the culture and black light theatre so typical of Prague at the same time so decided to visit this event. And our impressions? Absolutely amazing! I liked especially "revived" props and lasers and other interesting use of light in the combination with projections of everyday life in Prague. We also learnt that Reduta jazz club is one of the oldest jazz clubs in Europe and Bill Clinton stayed here for one night and played here on the sax! To sum up, I and my friends recommend this theater performance for people who want to see some typical component of Czech culture in the very pleasant place!

Dress Code: casual

• Paul2001's Profile Photo

O'Che's: Popular Cuban-Irish Bar in the Stare Mesto

by Paul2001 Updated Sep 26, 2012

O' Che's Cuban-Irish Pub was just a few steps from my hotel, so I came into here alot. A very pleasant and popular place that was not over decorated to look like an Irish Pub as is so common in Europe. In fact the walls were covered with pictures of Che Guevera, hence the name and the Cuban add on. When I dropped in during my first night in Prague, there several qualifying matches for the World Cup on the TV's. More importantly one of them involved Ireland, so there actually Irish people in the Irish Pub. There was also a match involving the Czech Republic, so the place was quite crowded that night. There were no Cubans as far as I know. The food here is rather cheap but the beer is more expensive than in most bars in Prague.
    The apparent real reason that it is called a "Cuban-Irish" was that the locals did not want to authorize another Irish pub in a saturated market.

O'Che's Pub

• Joe-Kure's Profile Photo

Reduta theatre: Marionette evening

by Joe-Kure Written Aug 28, 2012

This is my third and last review about theatre and live music.
    During my time in Prague I did a lot of things. One of the things was visit marionette theatre. I choose Reduta theater, because I was there on black light theatre and I liked it. The puppet show was about Don Giovanni famous lover. Mostly it was fun and I loved the music. Since that time I heard Mozart's cd three times. The guy was genius :) I know most of the people is not interested in marionettes. For those who are curious about it I can say: " just try it"

• Theater Travel

• Joe-Kure's Profile Photo

Jazz Club Reduta: One night in jazz club

by Joe-Kure Written Aug 28, 2012

Hello people, especially my European friends.

My first contribution will be about jazz night in Prague. That night happened Friday last week. I went to Reduta Jazz Club. The choice was simple. A lot of my friends from Poland was there. The band for the concert was Dixieland Messengars. I must say: " ***ing awesome" I not the old guy. I over 25, but this was something completely diferent. The bang played very nice and people in the club clapped their hands. Next time I will go again. There is entrance fee, but it worth the money. I was sitting less than 2 metres from the band. And you can feel the tradition from old pictures and posters:) Try it :)

• BLewJay's Profile Photo

U Malého Glena Jazz & Blues Club: Jazz Club, Bar & Restaurant

by BLewJay Written Aug 27, 2012

It was our last night in Prague and we wanted to go out after dinner, so we asked around and locals recommended that we visit the U Malého Glena Jazz & Blues Club. Upstairs has a spacious bar and restaurant for drinks and dinner, while downstairs is where the music club is located (Live Jazz & Blues shows seven nights a week). Wow what a fantastic find...great place, awesome music and nice vibe.

Dress Code: You can come dressed as you like, casual seemed to be the flavor the night we went.

Prague Hotels

Latest Prague Hotel Reviews

Mercure Centre
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 4 Reviews
U Zlute Boty (The Yellow Shoe)
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Hotel Salvator
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 9 Reviews
Hotel U Klenotnika

Instant Answers: Prague

Comments

Prague Nightlife

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Prague locals.
Map of Prague