Bohemia Bagel, Prague

mmm lovely
    by neilward
  • Bohemian Bagel: Not impressed with service :(

by madimagoo Written Mar 25, 2013

During a free tour, our tour group stopped at the Bohemian Bagel. I witnessed unsanitary food preparation in the kitchen, and I complained to an employee. Her response was rude, lethargic, and no attempt was made to reconcile the situation. For this reason, I would not recommend eating here.

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

Bohemia Bagel: A nice break in the old town

by GentleSpirit Written Feb 13, 2013

Most people are pretty surprised to find out that the bagel that we eat in the States, though it did originate in Central Europe, in not Czech, its probably more Polish. You will find lots of bakeries and great bread, but if you are looking for a quick bagel and you are near the Old Town Square. It has a relatively large section with internet terminals. Good place for tourists to recharge:)

Between 12-1:30 they are VERY crowded and busy, because most of the walking tour groups stop through here.

Are the bagels good? Absolutely! Good selection of bagels. There are also burgers and sandwiches as well as breakfast.

Favorite Dish: nice fresh baked bagel. They aren't huge, but very tasty:)

• Beer Tasting

• Xeriss's Profile Photo

Bohemia Bagel: Not Impressed

by Xeriss Written Mar 3, 2012

We had read really good reviews about this place and we decided to give it a try. However, when we got there they seemed to be out of the bagels that we actually wanted to try out so we ended up having 2 Chicken Caesar Tortillas and 2 Coca Colas.

We were not really impressed with the food. The entire lunch cost us 390 Czk which is pretty costly for two tortillas which were mostly filled with lettuce. This is also a self service restaurant.

• Business Travel

• Bohemia Bagel, Masna: Take-Away's at their Best

by fielder88 Updated Apr 4, 2011

They do everything from, obviously bagels, to quiche to salad to sandwiches to all-day breakfasts (tons of choices) to grills/bbq's to steaks, burgers and fish 'n' chips.

It is very family friendly. With a children's menu and area.

Favorite Dish: My current favourite take-away is a breakfast of 3 eggs, american bacon links, hash browns and a mini bagel for 129 czk

Later in the day it HAS to be Fish 'n' Chips for 170 czk.

• nickrob's Profile Photo

Bohemia Bagel MASNA: THE place for the best take away in Prague

by nickrob Written Jan 26, 2011

Relaxed, chilled out diner with a children's are and a non-smoking area.

Favorite Dish: Cheese and bacon Burger for 140 CZK
    Just a perfect bite to eat. Eat in and enjoy a Pilsner with it or take-away and eat as you walk through the Old Town Square which is about 2 mins walk away.

• Tracyden's Profile Photo

The Bohemia Bagel: Good for vegetarians

by Tracyden Updated Oct 12, 2010

Great for a good value lunch. We found it to be full of students at lunchtime - so I guess it must be good value. Also had a kids section with toys.

There are three Bohemia Bagels in Prague (Holesovice, The Old Town and Mala Strana)- wish we's have known at the time as we kept walking back to the same one.

Favorite Dish: We were particularly impressed with the tofu burger - it came in a baguette (made a change from a bagel) with chips and a small side salad with coleslaw. Really generous portion.

• setikeyvan's Profile Photo

Bohemia Bagel: Great Meal on a Budget!

by setikeyvan Written Apr 18, 2008

Bohemia Bagel

Bohemia Bagel is a great place to grab a bite to eat when visiting Prague. They have a few locations most of them close to all the major site of Prague - including Charles' Bridge. The food is healthy, fresh and satisfying - they have bagel sandwiches, chips, soups, salads and all sorts of delicious hearty desserts. Their bagels are home made and in case your hotel does not include breakfast with the cost of the room, Bohemia Bagel is a good place to grab breakfast too! The quality of the food is good because it's not in the very heart of the tourist sites.

Favorite Dish: I don't remember which bagel I had, but I remember being satisfied enough with my meal to come back a few times.

• Gottsie's Profile Photo

Bohemia Bagel: American.

by Gottsie Updated Nov 9, 2007

This American outlet is popular with expats with fresh homemade bagels and a variety of salads, soups and sandwiches. Great for vegetarians and meat eaters alike. Take away is also on offer.

The internet is a rip off and the service is slow but this place is great for shovelling some food down your neck so you can move on.

• Bohemia Bagel: Bagels!!!

by sabsi Updated Sep 2, 2007

Behemian Bagels!!

Bohemia Bagel was our place to have breakfast in the 1990s. It actually was the first place I have ever had a bagel I think. Back then we came here from the flat we rented every morning and a chicken breast poppy bagel with pasta salad every morning.

In 2007 I just had to come back. In the meantime a subsidiary of the old Bohemia Bagel at Ujezd had opened. However, we came to the original one and were once again very enthusiastic about their food. The menu now is more varied and as a side dish you get fantastic coleslaw instead of the old pasta salad and the bagels are still fantastic.

It's also a great place to meet backpackers from all over the world as there are quite a few hostels in the area.

Favorite Dish: Lately I had a sesame BLT bagel which was so lovely. So was the coleslaw it came with. Unfortunately the stomach didn't have room for one of the yummy looking cakes afterwards.

I also love the fact that they serve bottomless drinks, so you can get free refills for softdrinks and coffee.

• KMJSKINS's Profile Photo

Bohemia Bagel Express: Good Breakfast, Muffins, Sandwiches

by KMJSKINS Written Aug 30, 2007

Bohemia Bagel

What a treat to find this coffehouse. Great breakfasts and if you get a little tired of the traditional European breakfast.
    This became one of our favorite places to eat anytime of day. Muffins, Bagels, Sandwiches are all good in a relaxing atmosphere with nice music in the background.
    In the evening, if you get a craving for sweets, the cakes and cookies are really good.

Favorite Dish: Really can't go wrong on any of the dishes. I enjoyed an Italian sausage sandwich with cheese and sweet peppers.

• riika's Profile Photo

Bohemia Bagel: When in need of a bagel fix...

by riika Written Jun 7, 2006

company website photo

Bagels, bagels, bagels!! Need I say more? Best bagels around and the carrot cake with creamcheese frosting is DELICIOUS! The coffee is really good too! You'll have a hard time narrowing your decision down here because everything looks good! :)

Favorite Dish: The bagels! :) I always take a dozen home to Sweden because I'm hardpressed to find a 'real' bagel around here, and not just a piece of bread with a hole in it that they've decided to call a bagel. ;P

• RockTadgers's Profile Photo

Bohemian Bagel: Raised the American Way

by RockTadgers Written Oct 3, 2005

I normally avoid places full of Americans like I normally avoid S & M orgies held in disused abattoirs, but the sad truth is, Bohemian Bagel makes it just too easy to hang out. The breakfast special of bacon, egg and cheese bagel with a bottomless coffee for 79kc (before noon, weekdays) is too good for those on a tight budget to pass up. The other selection of bagels and main meals are a little pricey, but are absolutely stuffed with your chosen filling and pass as a semi-decent meal.

The internet at 2kc per minute is a rip off, but the overbearing racket of Americans who will never have to worry about cash is the dominant noise on the soundtrack. I personally prefer the Masna location off Old Town Square, because it has a smoking section inside, although the Ujezd branch across the river is smaller and less teeth-itchingly noisy.

Favorite Dish: As I've mentioned, the breakfast special. It's a little on the dry side, but if you moisten it up with ketchup, mustard and mayonnaise, it's quite tasty. And the endless coffee washes it down a treat.

• Trains

• Bohemia Bagel: Breakfast to set you up all day

by clsaynor Written Aug 10, 2005

Bohemia bagel offers a huge selection of foods for breakfast and lunch following an american theme with a twist of czech style. Plates are piled high and you certainly get your money's worth.
    Combined with an internet cafe it's the perfect place to fuel up for the day, and email friends and family to make them jealous about what an amazing time you're having in Prague.

Favorite Dish: Cream cheese bagel with a plate of their fries, scrummy food!

• Puckfair's Profile Photo

Bohemia Bagel: Bohemia Bagel

by Puckfair Written Apr 28, 2005

The best (and only) bagels in town. Extensive menu with plenty of options. The bagels are baked on the premises at the Mala Strana location, and are as fresh as you can get
    Coffee and drink is free , as much as u can drink
    20 CZK (approx: US$5.06, GB£2.65, 3.92 EUR)

• antiquated_tory's Profile Photo

Bohemia Bagels I and II: Not quite sure what the fuss is about

by antiquated_tory Written Mar 29, 2005

Well, it has free Internet and a childrens' corner in the Stare Mesto location and bottomless cups of coffee at both locations, and I do go there for desserts sometimes, but I keep seeing tips about how cheap it is, and I find this puzzling.
    Their bagel sanwiches are upwards of 120 kc and I don't recall any of them being under 80 or so. That's $4-6, guys. It's what a regular lunch costs. For that matter, it isn't far off what a similar sandwich costs Stateside. Heck, the bagel place in Brighton UK is cheaper.
    I don't mean to be all moaning about the expense, the expense. If you are craving a bagel, by all means go here...it's not bad. Not great, but not bad. But value for money it is not.
    Oh, though I don't mind the drip coffee, I know several people who really hate it.

Instant Answers: Prague