Cafe Archa, Prague

4.5 out of 5 stars 3 Reviews

This pic was taken by VT member Lena44u.
    by Maurizioago
  • Cafe Archa
    by londonbabe
    easy to find
    by klokanek
  • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Archa.: A small place in the city center.

by Maurizioago Updated Feb 20, 2015

This restaurant is quite small, but I always found a seat there. I usually went there around 7 p. m.

Sometimes I had the "menu of the day". I had to choose from soup; goulash and dessert or soup; chicken steak with chips or mashed potatoes and dessert. Once I tried pasta with vegetables. It was very good.

If you order your food "a la carte " you will not spend much.

Favorite Dish: I liked much the goulash and the chicken steak.

This pic was taken by VT member Lena44u.

• londonbabe's Profile Photo

Archa cafe: Cheapie cheapie!

by londonbabe Written Aug 30, 2005

The Archa Cafe, as you can see from the photo, leads on its cheap beer! However the food is also cheap, well prepared and comes with extremely tasty chips.
    We had two chicken main courses, with chips, an apple strudel, 2 large beers (him) a gin and tonic and glass of local white wine (me) all for the grand total of 500 kr - about 16 euro!

We also had unofficial entertainment, in the form of two local couples celebrating one of the girl's birthdays. By the third round of shots, on top of several beers, the decibel levels had risen considerably. Couldn't understand a word they were saying, but it was still very funny to watch.
    The bar is run by the son, we think, with Mum in the kitchen and Dad playing general dogs body.

It's on Betlemska, at the end nearest the river, just after the pizza place.

• klokanek's Profile Photo

Cafe Archa: best coffee in Praha...

by klokanek Written Feb 11, 2005

I am quite fussy when it come to coffee, I visited this cafe sometimes up too 3 or 4 times a day, and took all of my friends there also, cheap and yummy meals, and the best coffee in Praha

Favorite Dish: the goulash meal 199kc for a 3 course meal