Klub Architectu, Prague

4.5 out of 5 stars 14 Reviews

• Klub Architektu: Just don't bother

by petitable Written May 25, 2008

Sloppy wait service, dangerously over salted food, absurdly expensive water, terrifyingly efficient clearers - just what you want for that special celebratory meal. We obviously didn't leave a tip and were told to vacate our table before we'd finished our champagne. The bar next door (other side to the chapel) is a much friendlier option

Favorite Dish: A bottle of the Bavarian Champagne (£7) was only £2 more than a bottle of water (£5)

• Museum Visits
    • Castles and Palaces

• stevehallam's Profile Photo

Klub architektu (the architects club): a real gem

by stevehallam Updated Jan 29, 2008

Nestled at the back of Bethlehem square this is a gorgeous place to eat. In the summer I believe you can sit outside, but we were there in September and sat in the cloistered cellar.
    5 of us ate for just under £60. We skipped starters but had mains, deserts, wine and six irish coffees. If we hadn't had the wine you could have knocked another £10 off the bill!
    the food and service were great

Favorite Dish: I had rabbit - it was my first time trying it. It wasn't great, but I think that was due my misunderstanding of the menu rather than the quality of the food. Everybody elses was fantastic ...Doh!
    If you don't try you will never know!

• smirnofforiginal's Profile Photo

Klub Arthiteku: Romanesque cellar

by smirnofforiginal Updated Apr 23, 2007

A gem of a find!
    Nice atmosphere and when we were in there it was neither busy busy nor full of tourists (which in Prague is a novelty!).
    Very nice food and a great selection of vegetarian dishes. Great prices.

• Lejla06's Profile Photo

Klub Architektu: Vegetarian and intelectual...

by Lejla06 Updated Feb 13, 2007

Klub Architektu...I do not have too much to say about this restaurant its mostly vegetarian and Im not...but I have a lot of feedbacks about this restaurant at Old Prague Hostel reception...people mostly recommend this place so why not mention it...

• jo104's Profile Photo

Klub Architektu: Klub Architektu - In a cellar

by jo104 Updated Jun 14, 2006

The restaurant is dimly lit so dining in the day will still appear as night. There is a large selection to chose from to eat here. The menu is a bit on the pricey side but some excellent traditional dishes. They also have a large array of wines

Favorite Dish: I did not really enjoy my dessert it was rather dry

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

Klub Architektu: Klub Architektu - Czech Cuisine

by sue_stone Written Dec 30, 2005

I kept reading great things about Klub Architektu in various Prague travel guides so we were keen to check it out. Although I had also read that bookings were essential we decided to try our luck for dinner one night when we were in the area. We were unsuccessful…they were fully booked.

So we decided to return for a late lunch on our last day…no booking, but they managed to squeeze us in.

Klub Architektu is located on Namesti Betlemske. Right near Bethlehem Chapel there is a small courtyard where you will find stairs that lead down to this subterranean restaurant. Located in a series of vaulted cellars, it is dark and moody and the perfect place to sample some traditional Czech cuisine.

Favorite Dish: We ordered a beer to start and decided what stodgy delights to enjoy for our last meal in Prague. Alex opted for one of the house specialities, the Pork & Vegetable stew and I had some lamb with, most importantly, lots of dumplings!

This is not the cheapest place to eat, but the food was tasty and the atmosphere was fabulous.

Beer at Klub Architektu waiting for our meal at Klub Architektu final check of the travel guides after lunch
    • Beer Tasting

• sc780913's Profile Photo

Klub Architektu: Good food, cheap drinks and lovely place to go

by sc780913 Written Aug 2, 2005

This is an absolutely delightful place - the food is good and the alcohol is cheap. And the atmosphere is almost magical.

Favorite Dish: Umm...... does a shot of vodka count as a dish? Well, I had this unpronounceable dish of pork and potato and it was great.

• Architecture

• nursesweet's Profile Photo

Klub Architektu: Yum yum Give me some!

by nursesweet Written Jul 18, 2005

This restaurant is located in a stone cellar. The atmosphere was relaxing and romantic. They served a little bit of everything, including traditional czech meals, pasta, meats and VEGETARIAN too! My meal was delicious and reasonable priced.

• palin2004's Profile Photo

Klub architektù: Great food, Friendly service and very cheap

by palin2004 Updated Oct 17, 2004

This was the first restaurant I visitied in Prague and have returned many times, the staff are great the food is simple but very enjoyable and the prices are very good.

It's one of these restaurants that you can guarentee will meet with your expectations, for this reason it can be busy so either phone in and make a booking or be prepared to wait for a table to become free.

Alan (foreground) and myself in Klub architekt��

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

Architectural Club: Klub Achitektu

by yooperprof Updated Sep 23, 2003

Excellent food in a medieval cellar, this restaurant shares space with an architectural book store. Where else but Prague! Really appetizing food, yummy beverages - a great place for dining on the terrace outside.

Favorite Dish: Chicken, fried Czech style; potato soup; locally brewed dark ale!

Frank Gehry's place in Prague?
    • Beer Tasting

• vanessadb's Profile Photo

Klub architektù: Comfort international food

by vanessadb Updated Jul 14, 2003

The crowd is mainly local, the menu very varied and international, the prices very affordable, and the underground cavern-feel is pretty cool, even if it has quite a few spider webs!

Your best bet if you're in the mood for international comfort food!

sandwich
    • Singles

• rtlaborde's Profile Photo

Klub Architektu (sp?): Klub Architektu (sp?)

by rtlaborde Written Aug 26, 2002

It's hard to explain, really. It's in a cellar and the lighting is fantastic. The lamps are on ropes and you can adjust the height they hang over your table. The prices are decent and the waitstaff are friendly. The menu is in about 5 languages, which is becoming more common in Prague but theirs has been for as long as I've been going there. There are some really interesting sculptures in there too.

Favorite Dish: I have no favourites because all of their food is really good but the celery patties are nice. I had never run across them before and haven't since so maybe they're unique to this place.

• ShaunMadden's Profile Photo

Architecture, a restaurant set...

by ShaunMadden Written Aug 25, 2002

Architecture, a restaurant set in the grounds of a church in the Jewish area, occupying lots of small cellars.
    The food was both domestic and international, and very reasonably priced. Expect to pay £4-7 for a meal including a few pints of Plzen.
    Visit during the day and you will probably get a cavern to yourself.

Favorite Dish: Sorry but there Mexican burritos were superb!

• nikolka's Profile Photo

Klub Architektu (Duta Hlava) =...

by nikolka Updated Aug 24, 2002

Klub Architektu (Duta Hlava) = The Club of the Architects (The Hollow Head)
    cellar restaurant, it is a bit cold in there during the whole year, not recommended to come just in a T-shirt. In summer you can sit outside, that is really nice. It is really close to the center, however aside from the tourist mess and the prices are ok as well.

Favorite Dish: salads - big and yummie ($3)
    pasta - big and yummie ($4)
    nachos with cheese ($2)