Places to eat in Prague

Most Viewed Restaurants in Prague

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Potrefena Husa

by Gili_S Updated Oct 6, 2014

The Potrefena Husa are networks of coffee - restaurants that I have been to few of them around the Czech Republic. They server good coffee, good beer and good food. You can always have something for every taste. This time while here I took cold beer and fresh salad. My guide had something very local, I think it called: "bramboračka v chlebu", it is a potato soup inside a bread which you can see in photo 4 :)

Lippert Restaurant: Located right in Old Town Square

by GracesTrips Updated Aug 31, 2014

There are a LOT of restaurants to choose from right in the Old Town Square. Lots of people hanging out. We walked around a bit trying to figure out where to eat and finally decided to dine here. The food was good but not fantastic. Don't order the potato pancakes, they were very greasy. The bread dumplings were good. My boyfriend ordered a dish with pork and it was tasty. I had a grilled farm sausage. It was not outrageously priced which it could have been for the location.

Located in the Lippert Hotel. The bill will show you can pay in Czech Koruna, Euro or US Dollar The conversion for Euro and US Dollar was not good. Pay in Koruna. They do accept credit card.

Botel Matylda Ristorante: On the River, Very Good Food

by GracesTrips Updated Aug 31, 2014

We had a great lunch on this boat/restaurant. The entrees came with a salad. My boyfriend ordered the dušená telecí líèka (braised veal cheeks) with roasted potatoes cost about US$13.50. I ordered the kachní prso se švestkovou omáèkou (duck breast with plum sauce also served with roasted potatoes cost about US$18.50. We each had a glass of white wine with our meals. Food was great and the ambience was great dining on the water. This was very enjoyable.

Braised Veal Cheeks Duck Breast in Plum Sauce
    • Wine Tasting

Restaurant at Residence U Èerného orla: Great Food Near Prague Castle

by GracesTrips Updated Aug 31, 2014

After visiting Prague Castle in the evening, we looked for a place to eat. We stumbled into one place, sat down, looked at the menu and walked out. It just wasn't quite what we wanted. We kept walking and found this place. It looked small, quaint and white tablecloths on the tables. We went in and luckily there was a table available. The waiter seemed overwhelmed since he was the only one working with the restaurant completely full. We ordered a bottle of Italian wine knowing it would be a while before we would get food and that was okay with us. We shared a foie-gras appetizer that cost about US$9.50. It was very good. My boyfriend ordered the Gold Roast Pork Knuckle served with mustard and horseradish that cost about US$15.70. He liked it a lot. The skin was crispy. I ordered the Deer Saddle Roast with pistachio crust served with a walnut purée, glazed carrots and black salsify with honey and nuts and cost about $18.30. The venison was very lean and cooked perfectly. Very tasty!

There was also free WiFi!

We had a wonderful experience and food was excellent!

Pork Knuckle Deer Saddle Roast with Pistachio Crust Foie-gras appetizer
    • Wine Tasting

• leics's Profile Photo

Klášterní pivovar Strahov: Like sitting in a bag of Maltesers....

by leics Updated Aug 27, 2014

This is a wonderful malty-smelling pivovar (brewery/pub/restaurant) in the courtyard of Strahov Monastery behind the Hrad/castle area.

The brewery dates from the 17th century, and was renovated in 2001; its St Norbert beer is either amber or light, or beautifully dark and fruity (my preference).

As long as you go out of season Strahov is a quiet, peaceful area to sit and have some beer and/or food....and there are excellent city views from the courtyard.

When I visited in 2007 I didn't eat there (though the food served to others in the bar looked very good).....but on my return in 2010 I did (and so did my friend).

We were both desperate for vegetables after 3 nights of meat-and-dumplings, so I had the spinach and potato gratin, she had the goats cheese on roasted vegetables. Both were absolutely delicious and very reasonably-priced.

And we both had beer. Of course! :-)

Highly recommended for a quiet beer and lunch, especially if you want to get away from the crowds around the castle (the monastery is about 10 minutes' walk up the hill).

Goast cheese and grilled veggies Beautifully scented......... Potato and spinach au gratin
    • Seniors

La Degustation Bohême Bourgeoise: The Ultimate Dining Experience

by GracesTrips Updated Aug 27, 2014

I had made reservations to dine at this restaurant when we visited Prague. This was one of the highlights of my visit. Having watched an episode of Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations show when he was in Prague, he dined at this restaurant and it looked amazing. This was one of those once in a life time experiences because, first of all, I will probably not visit Prague again for a very long time. Second, to dine at this restaurant was super expensive (according to my pocket book).

The restaurant has only two prix fixe meals. You can pair up wine with those meals or you don't have to. The owner/chef is known for his progressive culinary style having altered the texture of food or enhancing textures with flavors from other foods. We enjoyed the 6 course meal. The other is 11 courses.

Our menu started with several amuse bouche, then onto our 6 course meal with a different wine paired up with each course. Photos and descriptions are posted on my travelogue because I can post up to 8 pics verses only 5 pics here on the tip.

It was all delicious. My favorite course was the beluga cavier with cauliflower, garlic foam.

They serve dinner everyday of the week between 6pm and 12 midnight.

Amuse bouche a rolled up pickled vegetable Amuse bouche for two A second dessert
    • Luxury Travel

• sourbugger's Profile Photo

Fantona cafe - 2nd floor at Railway Station: Art Nouveau Masterpiece

by sourbugger Updated Mar 21, 2014

The main railway station is a complete dump, but this little oasis in the old part of the station is a wonderful island of calm in a sea of chaos.

The domed ceiling of what was the booking hall is a masterpiece of Art Noveau design - trying to rival any of the other cathedrals to transport of central Europe.

The booking offices are now converted to shops, but you still sit having a cheap coffee by the iron ballastrades and imagine you are waiting to catch a train in the 1920's to Milan, Vienna, Budapest...

Favorite Dish: If she is still working there the tall waitress in the maid outfit is an absolute babe - and she knows it. (oh sorry, wrong type of dish)

• Architecture

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Posezeni U ciriny: Slovak cuisine in old town

by Dabs Updated Oct 30, 2013

This was another In Your Pocket recommendation, their review mentioned that the chef here used to be employed by Václav Havel, former President of the Czech Republic, and that local politicians dine here. It turned out to be the the restaurant I liked the most of the ones we tried. We ate here twice, once on Monday night and again on a Saturday night. Both times we were lucky enough to grab the last of the outside tables on the terrace and enjoy the warm Prague evenings. The restaurant is located on a side street with little traffic making the patio a lovely place to sit, local patrons are free to bring their dogs with them for the outside dining.

Favorite Dish: I ordered the same thing both times and so did David, I got 3 crepes with chicken smothered in a sour cream paprika sauce (160kc), it reminded me a lot of the Hungarian dish chicken paprikash. David had a combination of halusky with cheese and bacon and I think the other half was kapusta, a cabbage/dumpling mix.

chicken crepes Halusky/kapusta combination Posezeni U ciriny

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

U Tri Pštrosu: Jummy rolls for in between meals

by croisbeauty Written Sep 15, 2013

Actually, U Tri Pštrosu (three ostriches) is one of Prague's most famous hotels and restaurants. It is perfectly located, right next to the Charles Bridge. Besides, U Tri Pštrosu has its own bakery that always offers fresh breads and rolls. I bought two rolls before my late dinner, that day I was exploring Mala Strana and Charles Bridge during night. The rolls were warm and delicious so I finished both of them in a very short time.

U Tri P��trosu bakery U Tri P��trosu

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

Meduzzy: Both Czech and international cuisine

by croisbeauty Updated Aug 21, 2013

This time a really had great luck with the accommodation because right in the ground floor of my hotel there is a very good restaurant. The ambiance is quite average but comfortable and clean. The staff is good and very friendly. Besides the traditional Bohemian cuisine, restaurant offers international dishes, mostly Italian and Spanish. Since the first day I was very pleased with dinner I came back the second day again.

Favorite Dish: My first dinner was pork tenderloin with paper sauce, half liter on mineral water and Czech beer, and It was delicious. I paid around 350 crowns.
    The second day I ordered old Bohemian soup as a first dish and then roast pork knee. The soup was very good same as pork knee, which I couldn't finish all. For a drink I took again mineral water, beer and espresso at the end. This second dinner have cost me 450 crowns.

restaurace a vinarna interiors pork tenderloin with paper sauce roast pork knee Meduzzy

• bowlcoach's Profile Photo

La Corte: Quaint little restaurant

by bowlcoach Written Jul 17, 2013

The La Corte Restaurant is a great little indoor-outdoor restaurant we found while walking from the Prague Hilton to Old Town. Complete with a bar, this local restaurant provided great pizza with a menu full of other items. Look for the sign because it is tucked away about 30 feet into an interior courtyard. Just wonderful.

Favorite Dish: Pizza. Various toppings with some very unique. (corn for example) They have a combination of Czech and Italian dishes from old recipes passed down by the owners Grandmother.

“Atmoška”: Atmosphere

by kris-t Updated Jul 16, 2013

This favourite student’s place has three separate parts, a neat small bar, a club/restaurant and a summer garden in between them.

You will find oldschool-like satiric posters on the walls and six types of cold cheap draft beer!

Favorite Dish: Food is cheap, rich and tasty. Beside local food they also have great Mexican specialities.

Atmo��ka

Stara Praha: Traditional Czech Food

by kris-t Updated Jul 15, 2013

Tjis place has a lovely atmosphere, good decoration, nice background music and good Czech food for good prices.

Our lunch with two Irish coffee cost about $14.00

Favorite Dish: Very friendly staff who speak English. Basic Czech food well executed and great value.

Note: Restaurant has a smoking section on the right and a non-smoking section on the left.

Highly Recommended!

Stara Praha Restaurace Stara Praha Restaurace Stara Praha Restaurace Stara Praha Restaurace Stara Praha Restaurace

Grandhotel Evropa Coffeehouse: Art Nouveau decor

by kris-t Updated Jul 15, 2013

Great charming last century decor! Even it looks a bit dated now but still a good place to stop for coffee or a chocolate & gateau.

Good service, comfortable atmosphere, and very delicious strudel (Czk 80.00).

Price was ok for the spot.

Favorite Dish: Recommended.

Evropa Coffeehouse Evropa Coffeehouse Evropa Coffeehouse Grandhotel Evropa
    • Architecture

U Cisaru: Expensive and unfriendly

by kris-t Updated Jul 15, 2013

We decided to have meal near by our hotel and found this good looking place in a nice area of Prague close to the castle.
    It was a mistake.
    Beer (Krusovice) was great (czk 138 for 2), the pork knuckle (czk 290) were good, Cesar salad (czk 220) was just ok.

After all food was overpriced for Prague; service was a bit bored and even rude.

Favorite Dish: We would not go back.

Not recommended.

U Cisaru U Cisaru U Cisaru U Cisaru U Cisaru
    • Luxury Travel

Prague Hotels

Latest Prague Hotel Reviews

Mercure Centre
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 4 Reviews
U Zlute Boty (The Yellow Shoe)
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Hotel Salvator
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 9 Reviews
Hotel U Klenotnika

Instant Answers: Prague

Comments

Prague Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Prague locals.
Map of Prague