Places to eat in Prague

Most Viewed Restaurants in Prague

• iaint's Profile Photo

U Tří Růží: Recommended

by iaint Written May 17, 2015

A great dinner in this 3 floor brewery/pub/restaurant.

A shared starter and then goulash cooked in bread - a touroid speciality but I had to try.

Excellent service and good value. Kč 1,000 (€37) for 2, including a glass of wine, a beer, an espresso and a slivovice.

Recommended. A good bet for lunch or dinner on the tourist trail.

Favorite Dish: The goulash - couldn't finish the bread.

all 3 floors!
    • Photography

• gwened's Profile Photo

Hybernia restaurant: looking for authentic ambiance

by gwened Written Oct 25, 2014

I was late and soul searching in dark old town Prague; and I took my friends on a walking tour of Prague to find a place locals had brought me before, the Hybernia with the brewing pilsner beers and more drinks and be merry, recommended for more time.

It was nice we close the place down as well lol!! service was good, beers authentic and nice, well decorated in wooden benches and good prices and ambiance, all for a closing night in Prague !

a bit of info from the sight translation.
    Our premises are located on the ground floor, where the restaurant and café with views to the street Hybernské, as well as in the atrium of the house, which is prepared for you a beautiful garden. In the lower areas is a medieval tavern also used for various social events. The selection of food and drink, we pride ourselves wide range of both Czech and international specialties. Nor with the quality of the wine list we are behind the world level and our offer is very rich. Due to our ideal location in the city center and parking directly in front of the restaurant.

The restaurant is divided into smoking and non-smoking section.
    The room to the right of the main entrance is a non-smoking room on the left is smoking.
    The wine bar is also divided into smoking and non-smoking section.
    In the summer months you can also relax in our garden terrace.

It's next to the headquarters of the Social Democrat party, but bodyguards and heads of government are less frequent visitors now that the conservatives are in power.

during earlier evening hours is ok for the entire family once it gets late night past midnight than it is more for the working crew ::)

Favorite Dish: here was closing time so we had some beer sausages and more beer, we try them all; lol!!!

Hybernia restaurant entrance beer brewing and wine cave

Kolkovna Celnice: historically Czech resto

by gwened Written Oct 25, 2014

this one is more popular and historical place in Prague, great ambiance but mostly filled with groups of visitors.

part of the history of the local Pilsner Urquell beer there since 1842 and a drinking establishement since 1920. It is ,also, part of a chain of several restaurants.

The place is hopping very busy , but somehow service was prompt and the beers dark ones I had were good, however, the food was a bit touristic for my previous trip here where I have local friends.

It is a good place to come in groups, whole family etc in my opinion. I was able to make two photos of the dining room as it was full!

Favorite Dish: Old Czech Kolkovna platter 900 grams is a mix of cuts and sausages of local tradition for about 13 euros

Kolkovna celnisi resto dining room look of the dining room my pilsner dark beer

Potrefenà Husa: nice and cozy by Hybernska

by gwened Written Oct 25, 2014

very nice place and great prices. I came with friends and the service, ambiance and food was great.Not to mention the menu prices.

You have long tables and great bar counter. The name in Czech means "Wounded Goose" and is a local chain of casual restaurants and sports bars that is owned by the Prague-based Staropramen brewery.

A great place to come with the entire family and more.

Favorite Dish: I had our the wild boar meat dish with fries, and plenty of Staropramen Lager beers for about 10 euros!!

Protrefenà Husa you have the menu and in house beers the goodies afterward my dish of wild boar meat and fries

El Mundo del Tabaco Cafe: Cubans in Prague

by gwened Written Nov 29, 2013

This is at the airport Terminal 2 by gates D5. Its a cigar cave and cafe, with outdoor tables to see the world go up in the air.
    nice ambiance good service, and nicely decorated with Cuban cigars on a large display area!

for a stop over or long stay while connecting or waiting to go out, this is the perfect way to finish your stay in Prague.
    a website for additional info on the airport and the cafe

Favorite Dish: salami and cheese sandwiches but the main thing is to sit, Watch the world and enjoy a Czech beer on a tall glass!

El mundo del Tabaco Cafe inside look at the fumidor cigar cave

Restaurant Rose Garden at Villa: old world mansion at Villa

by gwened Written Nov 29, 2013

its an old world look of glass and wood, warm friendly service,fast, and the food well presented. Plentiful portions,and cook right.
    the ambiance is old world with wooden tables and chairs with green cushions; the views are nice out and front of the adjacent hotel Villa which the restaurant is part of.

A very nice residential area on a hilly part of Praha 10, chic and nice.and well price.

Favorite Dish: I had the Fried veal "Schnitzel" with butter potatoes, gherkin and lemon.

and

Pork steak grilled in honey chilli, with mashed potatoes and onion jam

both very good, and with local pilsner beers and expresso coffee. very well done.

entrance resto Rose Garden at hotel Villa inside restaurant at courtyard entrance to restaurant dining room at restaurant

Peugeot Restaurant: eat like the Czechs

by gwened Written Nov 29, 2013

Warm welcome all locals and me. The place is decorated with posters and photos of Paris,and a nice selection of old cars from Peugeot, the love of the owners.

very nice choices all in Czech language, some English. The food is well done in a very local ambiance away from tourist center.
    I like to get away from these places, a car would help as need metro and bus to get there.

Favorite Dish: I have local Czech dishes, with beef and slices of bread, and then a concoction of beef in mustard sauce with buttered potatoes on another day. All wash down with local beer and expresso coffees.

entrance to Peugeot Restaurant inside Peugeot restaurant

Pravni Amerika: steakhouse in Prague

by gwened Written Apr 11, 2012

When you are with locals is better. This is outside the touristic center of Prague, you need a metro and bus ride to reach it ,but once here, you will have the best steakhouse in Prague, American style,meaning big portions good price

Favorite Dish: steaks of course, in many ways. barbecue sauce included

beer bud at 12�� really good with steaks

• kbr61263's Profile Photo

lots of places: potato soup in a loaf of bread

by kbr61263 Written Oct 15, 2006

try this. but maybe not next to the cathedral in hradcany, its small and expensive there. This one was in a restaurant in the Jewish quarter.
    cost around 2 $us and could have fed a small family for several days ;)

Favorite Dish: tasy and filling

• nhcram's Profile Photo

Look beyond the main streets

by nhcram Updated Dec 27, 2005

Look beyond the main streets and explore some of the many alleyways . You will be surprised. In urgent need of a hot drink and somewhere to rest our weary feet we found a little cafe at the end of this alleyway just near Old Town Square.

• shirez's Profile Photo

you just might run into Paris Hilton!!!: Be careful...

by shirez Updated May 19, 2005

i just wont tell the name of the restaurant. sorry guys i promised Paris, i will keep my mouth shut. but then i got angry at her, she kept us waiting while flirting with some guy, a head shorter than her. what a material *** (whaaa VT censured my word. anyway, you know what that is!!):-)))

im cuter than Paris, dont you think?

• castersugar43's Profile Photo

A cafe near St. Barbara Cathedral

by castersugar43 Written May 11, 2005

On the way to St. Barbara Cathedral, there is a nice cafe which you could see the beautiful scenery of Kutna Hora (The pic was taken at the restaurant!). It is located on the left hand side of the road to St. Barbara Cathedral.

Favorite Dish: Honey cake is one of the local food in the menu. If you like sweet food, you should order it as it is quite sweet!!!

• angelarm's Profile Photo

Unknown...: Value! Flavor! and More!

by angelarm Written Mar 29, 2005

After we left the cemetery at Vysrehad, we walked next door to a local restaurant (I wish I could remember the name, but there wasn't much else around--it looked like a converted residence). Ivana, Paolo and I enjoyed the meal "of our lives" (my phrase for anything spectacular during this trip). I had a three-course meal for the equivalent of seven dollars. Seven dollars! It was a bargain for a student on a budget, but looking back now it really seems like a steal. There were only a few tables there and it was decidedly un-touristy. I don't think the wait staff was fluent in English so Ivana's language skills really helped.

Favorite Dish: I ordered chicken in cream sauce with rice, greek salad, and we shared a cake and ice cream dessert. Why was it memorable? I don't recall the taste of it now, which is why I'm glad I kept a trip journal. I bet I'm not the only backpacker that sat down to a full meal after a long day of walking and weeks of subsisting on supermarket grub and cafe snacks, and thought...heavenly. I'm sure it was good anyway, but you really get perspective on food when you're always on the move, in possession of few foreign language phrases, and at the mercy of local hours of operation. One thing I discovered while backpacking is that when you break bread with people whose company you enjoy--whether you're old friends or new--after sharing the wonders of exploring a new and magical city, everything is more intense; flavors are more tangy, color is more saturated, sound is more vibrant.

Not the same restaurant--but it's a cute sign!
    • Trains

• Local bar in Vysehrad

by eurotravels Updated Mar 17, 2005

We had a good meal at a local bar near the tourist information shop at Vysehrad (I think it may be called Penquin’s café) where the food was simple but tasty, the menu clearly stated the prices and the beer was only 20kc for 50cl. Great value. A meal for 2 adults with 3 beers for less than £4. (6 Euro).

• Bigs's Profile Photo

Kelly's Tower: One step ahead

by Bigs Written Jul 18, 2004

We found this typical "restaurace" on a sideway just next to the ain tourist paths. It ś situated in a nice backyard.

Favorite Dish: We again had a Hermelin, the typical cheese as a starter and it tasted differently form the one we had the other day. It still was very tasty. After that we tried the Gulas soup, which was nice but not the right meal for a hot days lunch. It made us sweat even more :)
    We sat in the yard and wrote postcards and relaxed for a while.

Inside the yard

Prague Hotels

Latest Prague Hotel Reviews

Mercure Centre
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 4 Reviews
U Zlute Boty (The Yellow Shoe)
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Hotel Salvator
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 9 Reviews
Hotel U Klenotnika

Instant Answers: Prague

Comments

Prague Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Prague locals.
Map of Prague