4.5 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars - 15 Reviews

by antistar
  • The Lazy Pigs after a little too much beer
    The Lazy Pigs after a little too much...
    by DavyJB
    Red Hot and Blues
    by Paul2001
  • Gastronomy Museum Prague: Museum replaced the restaurant

by janmarsik Written Aug 28, 2012

Gastronomy Museum Prague is depicting in very vivid form entire history of cooking and food preparation from early days of human kind, through stone age, medieval smoke kitchen, renaissance palace kitchen, first coal, gas and electrical stove, origin and forms of beer brewing, story of distillates, wine regions in CR and list of famous chefs in the history of Culinary Arts. All together it is great tribute to human ingenuity.

Favorite Dish: Have a good snack before you go, it will make you hungry :-)

• Museum Visits

• Paul2001's Profile Photo

Red Hot and Blues: Eat New Orleans in Prague.

by Paul2001 Updated Aug 19, 2012

Red Hot and Blues

It did not take me long to get sick of Czech food so I checked out the Red Hot and Blues. Since I like both Jazz and New Orleans food, I thought that I would check this place out. The food here was pretty good but the live music was average at best. This restaurant is owned by Americans and is very popular with ex-pats. The sad irony of visiting this restaurant this was during the Katrina catastrophe that devastated New Orleans.

Favorite Dish: I had a very good chicken buritto.

• antistar's Profile Photo

Red Hot & Blues: Blues and Burgers

by antistar Written Nov 16, 2008

Red Hot & Blues, Prague

Tucked away in a small street in the Old Town is some of the best American food I've eaten outside of the US. I love burgers. It's the only time I can be tempted away from eating vegetables. But it has to be good - and the one I had at Red Hot & Blues was excellent. The beef was perfect: juicy and tasty. The bun was just the right size, shape and texture to hold the bun together, and the toppings were simple and effective. Oh and the fries... mmmm. Fantastic.

My friend had spicy chicken something or other and was equally impressed. I would go back to Prague to eat here again.

And you get live Blues music too for a small cover charge, or listen to it for free (only a little more quietly) in one of the small side rooms.

Highly recommended.

You might want to reserve a seat - it is popular. We got there just in time.

Favorite Dish: Burgers!

• Red, Hot and Blues: Tex-mex meets jazz and blues!

by ashk88 Written Apr 6, 2007

A really cool relaxed restaurant with excellent service, live music and delicious meals. The surroundings are intimate and cosy and you can choose between smoke or non-smoke area, and the music is relaxed and not disturbing. If you're not into mexican cuisine the also have more international courses, and until 11.30 am they have breakfast too!

Favorite Dish: We tried the "fajitas for two" with chicken which was excellent. You get a plate of 6 fajitas, a pan of burning hot chicken, and then different plates of, for example salsa, vegetables and rice, and then you made your own fajita. Oh, and we got a mojito afterwards too, which was just as it should be!

• Study Abroad

• DavyJB's Profile Photo

Red Hot & Blues: Its Red Hot not Blue

by DavyJB Written Jan 12, 2007

The Lazy Pigs after a little too much beer

We had a couple of meals in here as it was just around the corner from our hotel, it caught our eye mainly for the live music that was on offer most nights, so we called in one night as the music coming out into the street sounded great and got a table and indulged in some excellent food and beer and we spent the entire night in there just immersed in the atmosphere of good music courtesy of the VeVe Jazz Trio. It was so good that we decided to have our final night meal there and we weren't disapointed again this time entertained by a band called The Lazy Pigs singing some great blues and cajun music.

• tomhoward's Profile Photo

Red Hot & Blues: On a Tex Mex Jazz Tip

by tomhoward Updated May 12, 2004

Red Hot & Blues serves good Mexican food in a Med-style conservatory with a live, 3 piece jazz in background. Music was great, if a little too loud

Serves anything American, Mexican or Cajun that you can think of

Favorite Dish: Can't remember specifics but they were all pretty good.

• p_haefeli's Profile Photo

Red, Hot & Blues: Listen to blues while having dinner!

by p_haefeli Written Apr 14, 2004

red, hot & blues

Enjoy having dinner and listen to live music!

A very nice place to be and to have an excellent dinner!

Favorite Dish: Chicken Creole is one of their specialities, which tastes great!

Another good alternative are the huge burgers!!

Dessert shall be great, but after the maindish I couldn't eat more...

• neilward's Profile Photo

RED HOT AND BLUES !!!: WONDERFUL NIGHT !!

by neilward Updated Mar 3, 2004

Big Phil and friends !!!

We went there for our last night and met travelchili and her good friend,Villu.I had booked a table,(highly recommend you do that ),the evenings entertainment was provided by Big Phil and his band I think !!.
    Fantastic evening was had by all,good staff great music, fantastic food and most of all....Wonderful company,

I'm sure if you've read many of my pages you'll notice I like to enjoy good food and good company,well every night in Prague I was fortunate enough to experience both !!!

Favorite Dish: We had spicy hot buffalo wings to start MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM,closely followed by Chicken Burittos for travelchili,Villu and myself while Maria went for the pork tenderloin tips.
    We umed and aahed and deciced to share a couple of deserts,including a gorgeous cheesecake.
    Villu and Ande treated us that night so I've no idea of the cost,but I'm sure it wouldn't have cost more than2000 krone.
    It truly was a wonderful night and bought our mini holiday to a memorable end.

• Carino's Profile Photo

Red, Hot & Blues: Huge plates, good food!

by Carino Written Dec 29, 2003

Enjoying some live music, we had an excellent dinner at Red, Hot & Blues.

Favorite Dish: Chicken Creole was a huge and tasty maindish. Brownie with Icecream as a dessert was an excellent end of a great dinner.

Maindish with dessert cost 278 Kr.
    A jug beer (2 Litres) was another 80 Kr.

• Packerman's Profile Photo

Red, hot, & blue: Good mexican food

by Packerman Written Feb 1, 2003

A wide variety of food, mainly American and Mexican varieties. A friend who once lived in Prague for years told us to go to this restaurant. My wife enjoyed a black bean dish while I enjoyed a burrito.

• jrgentle's Profile Photo

Red Hot & Blues. American...

by jrgentle Written Aug 25, 2002

Red Hot & Blues. American Jazz Restaurant and outdoor patio.
    The Staff is awesome and as an added bonus, they have a english language video rental next door.

Favorite Dish: They specialize in Creole, Cajun, and Tex-mex. The Fajita's are as close to Texas as your gonna get.

• Red Hot & Blues: Red Hot & Blues

by romanma Written Aug 25, 2002

Nice Cajun Jazz Cafe with Life Acts nearly every night in a Louisianna kind of atmosphere. They have a roofed, heated patio. Good for breakfast after a long night (breakfast served until 4 p.m.)

Favorite Dish: Breakfast Burrito and Pancakes

• p_haefeli's Profile Photo

Red, Hot & Blues: Take your time for a brunch!!

by p_haefeli Written Apr 14, 2004

brunch at red, hot & blues

A great place to have brunch all moring long... (or a little bit later...)!

Different tasty brunch menues and free coffee refills in a cosy "ambiente"!

Favorite Dish: Try whatever you like, but be hungry!!!

• Carino's Profile Photo

Red, Hot & Blues: Excellent Brunch Menues!

by Carino Written Apr 13, 2004

I allready knew this restaurant from a Dinner we had there. This time we had Brunch and that's also very tasty!

Favorite Dish: Homerun Special.... if you're hungry!

• neilward's Profile Photo

Red Hot and Blues: Book early to avoid disappointment !!!

by neilward Written Mar 20, 2004

Come inside and relax

Great food,great music,wonderful atmosphere and a fantastic place to go,in my top 10 of Restaurants...

Instant Answers: Prague