Staromestska Restaurace, Prague

4 out of 5 stars 10 Reviews

• Staromestska Restaurace
    by Maurizioago
    I get hungry just loking at the picture.
    by RanceRobinson
    Staromestska
    by Zlur
  • kentishgirl's Profile Photo

Starometske Nam Restaurant: Bohemian Food

by kentishgirl Updated Oct 28, 2004

We ate here because it was right in the Old Town Square on the night that the Czech Republic beat Denmark in Euro 2004. It is more expensive than wandering a short distance away, but we wanted to be near the action!*

Favorite Dish: I ate Bohemian Style Pork with all different types of Dumplings! It was gorg, Michael ate Goulash which was again served with dumplings, with 4 beers this came to 645KC. Not too bad considering the position of the restaurant.

However, the food could have been warmer! But the staff were brilliant and the atmosphere in the square that night I wouldnt have changed it for the world!*

• Staromestska Restaurace: Staromestska Restaurace

by grkboiler Written Nov 1, 2004

View from Staromestska Restaurace

Staromestska Restaurace is nice restaurant right on Old Town Square. They have a good menu with Czech specialties and a decent breakfast. To save money, sit inside - the menu prices are higher if you sit outside.

There is a good selection of soup, seafood, chicken, steaks, and Czech specialties. The menus are multilingual.

Hours are 9 AM to Midnight, but I was turned away at 11:20 PM one night and I wasn't happy about it.

Favorite Dish: I stopped here for breakfast and it was good. It was just a traditional eggs and toast breakfast.

• Zlur's Profile Photo

Staromestska Restaurace: Great food... don't miss it!

by Zlur Updated Oct 3, 2005

Staromestska

This is a very well priced restaurant & it's bang in the centre of Old Town Square... The food is divine... ate there twice it was so good! They've got a huge selection on the menu from traditional Czech dishes to the chefs specials... Go early on the weekends if you want to avoid disappointment as it gets really busy... In summer it's also possible to eat outside al fresco!

Favorite Dish: Chicken breast with this yummy salad, which resembles a Greek one - but even better! :)

• xaver's Profile Photo

Starometska Restaurant: Finally the garlic soup

by xaver Updated Jul 10, 2003

It's a quite expensive restaurant for the Prague standard as it is in the old town square, but it is the only place where I got to taste the Czech garlic soup and it was definitly worth!!!!

Favorite Dish: Try Czech soups, I particulary loved the garlic one and the onion one, as you may guess, I was not in honey moon.
    Then pork, chicken, duke, cooked in many ways, I also loved the beer cheese.

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Staromestska Restaurace.: A restaurant in the city center.

by Maurizioago Updated Dec 10, 2013

This restaurant is located in the main square of Prague; Staromestske namesti. It is quite near the astronomical clock.

It is made of several dining rooms and an outdoor area.

Here you can have a big choice of dishes. Salads, fish or meat dishes and even pasta (noodles). The menu is written in various languages

The prices of food is good for a restaurant in the city center..

Favorite Dish: A couple of times I had fish with some vegetables. I don' t remember which kind of fish I had, but it was good.

• Beer Tasting

• Zuzka's Profile Photo

Staromestska restaurace: Czech cuisine in the middle of the Old Town

by Zuzka Updated Sep 10, 2003

Czech cuisine

If you are afraid of tourist restaurants which are usually expensive and the quality is not sure, you would probably hesitate before entering this restaurant. However it might be a good tip if you are in the center of the town and you want to eat Czech (not only) for some reasonnable price. In summer season can be very busy.
    My last visit was 2 years ago so I hope it still keeps the same level of services.

• Staromestska Restaurace: delicious czech meals

by cintemani Written Sep 12, 2005

the food we ate was delicious. we had been there several timeswhen we were in prague. you can try the delicious czech dishes such as dumplings, duck dishes, vegetable soups... and the service is friendly. ambience is is cozy. you sit outside and wach the Staromestske Namesti square... it is a mid-range restaurant where you can taste the local food. also they have an international menu.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed the vegetable soup, duck and the dumplings very much.

• lifeisatrip's Profile Photo

Starometska: Cheaper price inside the restaurant

by lifeisatrip Written Jun 22, 2011

The food was alright. I had 1/2 a roasted duckling after a Prawns appetizer and that was way too much for me. It was a heavy meal with red and white pickled (?) cabbage and 3-4 slices of dumplings.

The hostess/landlady at the B&B in which we stayed told us that menu prices are cheaper if you eat inside the restaurant instead of outdoors. And it's true; they had different menu.

• discrimination

by coupleholland Written Jun 2, 2014

2 June 2014
    We went out on the terrace. Asked for the menu. A blonde female waiter said this was not possible. We could only choose from the Monday of the weekmenu what was on the table .
    Ok sorry then we eat not. We drink something. What shows up our stupidest surprise: Around us getting anyone who asks and menu and ordered it. What is this well??
    We felt no longer at our convenience and when we paid I asked her why people around us got a menu from which they could choose. She said that we wanted to order a dessert only and that this was not possible . We never talked about a dessert: we have just asked for a menu.
    Or the female blonde waiter means very bad English or did not wanted us on the terrace ... ...
    In short I told her that I found this discrimination. We are left with no tip of course.
    So for us this was a terrible experience in restaurant Staromestska.
    We do not recommand anyone to go there.......

• RanceRobinson's Profile Photo

Staromestska Restaurace: The ribs were great

by RanceRobinson Updated Apr 4, 2011
    I get hungry just loking at the picture.

The meals were delicious the ribs and smoked pork were very well prepared. The portions were large and the price was around $ 15.00 per person.

Favorite Dish: The Ribs!!!!

Instant Answers: Prague

Comments

Hotels Near Staromestska Restaurace
4.0 out of 5 stars