Prague Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Prague

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Various.: Puppets.

by Maurizioago Updated Jan 9, 2014

What to buy: A puppet could be a good souvenir to take home.

There are lots of shops in the city where you can buy a handmade puppet (or more). These are made of wood or plaster.

What to pay: I suppose you have to pay at least 20 euro for a nice one.

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Sklizeno Foodie Market: Amazing Food Market!

by GracesTrips Updated Nov 23, 2013

This was a great little shop. So many interesting groceries to buy and prepared food to eat on the go or to take home. A huge selection of tea with flower petals. I also bought some teriyaki almonds (I know that seems weird to purchase in Prague, but this I haven't come across these almonds before). Also, keeping in mind what is easy to bring home.

Hours:
    Mon - Fri: 8:00 am - 8:30 pm
    Sat - Sun: 10:00 am - 8:00 pm

• mrazm's Profile Photo

Indiva: Cool independent boutique

by mrazm Written Nov 19, 2013
    Shop interior

This cool little independent boutique is hard to pigeonhole because it has everything from women's clothes, purses and jewellery to interesting gift items. But it does mainly focus on stuff for women... so it's a good place for a man to go if he's shopping for his wife, girlfriend, sister, mother or female friend :-)

What to buy: Handmade jewellery, original clothing design.

What to pay: Prices are fairly low given the shop's quality and originality. Most items are priced between 300 and 3000 CZK.

Havelské Tržištì: Outdoor Market near Old Town Square

by GracesTrips Updated Nov 13, 2013

A combination of a farmer's market and souvenir store. Dolls, puppets, toys and jewelry are for sale. Berries, fruits, vegetables and flowers are also for sale.

I was also able to capture a film crew at the market filming a scene where they spill all the apples.

Located very close to Prague's Old Town Square, just south. It's the oldest market in the capital - opened in 1232.

Hard Rock Cafe: Hard Rock Cafe Pins & Shirts

by GracesTrips Updated Nov 13, 2013

I'm not big on buying kitsch souvenirs or trinkets but I do buy Hard Rock Café Pins and Shirts from various places I visit. Part of the reason is the name of the city is printed on the pins and shirts. I do wear my HRC shirts and all my pins are displayed on a velvet pillow I have.

Most of the Hard Rock Cafe's I have visited are restaurants. Only one I went to in South Korea was more like a bar. This one is located just off a side street from the Old Town Square with an outdoor seating area in Little Square Malé námìstí.

Various Gift Stores: Souvenier Shopping

by GracesTrips Updated Nov 10, 2013

No particular store. Just wanted to feature the many various gift shops in Old Town Prague. Czech Republic is known for the glassware. A good number of shops that sell vases, art glass, crystal, drinking glasses, etc. Also, lots of jewelry. I saw these US football nesting dolls that probably just appeal to Americans. I didn't buy anything because there wasn't anything in particular I wanted and I worried about breakage with anything that is glass. I may have considered buying a nice wine decanter but we have plenty already.

Havelska Market: Place to go

by kris-t Updated Sep 28, 2013

Havelska Market

If you are going to buy some souvenirs, it's place to go.

It has nice restaurants and cafes around it.
    Lots of people say it is a bit touristy but we enjoyed it.

Hours: 07.30-18.00 Mon-Fri, 08.30-18.00 Sat & Sun

What to buy: Souvenirs, dolls, fresh honey and sweets, flowers, chocolates, leather goods, some original paintings, fruits, vegetables, tea etc.

What to pay: not much, souvenirs cost about 30% less (compared to the small shops in the area)

• Photography
    • Work Abroad

DIANA SVET ORISKU: DRIED FRUIT / CHOCOLATES / LOLLIES

by balhannah Written Sep 3, 2013

Shop Diana

We had caught a Tram across the River so we could catch the Funicular to the Castle.
    We alighted in Ujezd Street, right infront of a beautiful shop window chocked full of all types of edible goodies. That was enough for me, so I went inside to find the interior just as full!
    Pretty empty tins could be bought and filled with dried fruit and nuts, chocolates or what-ever you chose, the selection was huge.
    The lady behind the counter was lovely, so friendly! We had some fun together as she couldn't speak much English and us no Czech!

After much deliberation, we made our choice of dried Apricots, Chocolate sultanas and a drink. Prices compared to back home were very reasonable!
    We ate them on our daily walk, enjoyed both the Apricots and Sultanas. I wanted more, the only trouble was we came back a different way!

Marionettes: Czech Puppets and Marionettes

by kris-t Updated Aug 12, 2013

Zlata Ulichka

Czech Puppets and Marionettes Are the Perfect Czech Souvenirs.

Where to Buy Czech Puppets:

Luzickeho seminare 5
    Mala Strana, Praha 1
    Tel. 606 924 392
    www.loutky.com

What to buy: character souvenir toys

What to pay: Depend, $12.00 and up

• Photography

WILD ROSE SHOP: GLASSWARE

by balhannah Written Aug 10, 2013

Wild Rose Shop

Did you know the Czech Republic produces some of the finest glassware in the World. I guess I soon gathered that, as around the city were many shops selling Bohemian Crystal cut into vases, bowls, animals, birds and other incredible designs. I really like the glassware but decided it was to risky to buy and take home via a long flight.
    The shop in my photo had some interesting pieces.

LIPPERT GARDEN: ENJOY AN ICE-CREAM

by balhannah Written Aug 1, 2013

In the Old Town Square, food and drinks seemed to be double the price to elsewhere. Of course, this is because it is a tourist area.

Well, I found an Ice-cream stall in the Old Town Square with lots of Ice-cream flavours, and best of all, the price was good!
    So this is one food you can buy without being ripped off!

Music: Music shop

by kris-t Updated Jul 30, 2013

The small .... really small - about 7 sq meters shop in the hart of Prague, near by the Franz Kafka's home on Golden lane...

What to buy: Unfortunately this shop does not exist any more, it was replaced with a regular souvenir shop...

• Architecture
    • Museum Visits

V UNGELTU: PUPPET SHOP

by balhannah Written Jul 28, 2013

Puppets @ V Ungeltu

The Wicked Witch was standing outside the door of this tiny shop! Thank-goodness she wasn't real - but she was enough to make me venture inside.

After passing through the entrance, I turned left into the shop.

It was wow! My eyes lit up, perhaps I was a child again, I certainly felt like one, only not in a lolly shop, but a Puppet shop. This shop was tiny and it was crammed full of Puppets of every size and description you can imagine. It was wonderful!
    I did buy some dolls here and asked the kind lady if I could take photo's - she said yes. She was so nice and helpful and wrapped up my gifts very well so they wouldn't be broken

If you want to see Puppet's, then do come here, you won't be able to make up your mind which to buy!

Opening hours: Every day 10 am-8 pm

FARMER'S MARKET: BUY SOME TRADITIONAL FOOD

by balhannah Updated Jul 26, 2013

Farmers Market

We didn't know this Market was on, just chanced upon it. It is called a "farmer's market," but there are gifts, flowers, plants, beautiful embroidered table cloths and art & crafts for sale. If your feeling a bit peckish, food was cooked and available.
    I did buy a nice piece of Czech craft to bring home as a gift, unique and quite a good price!
    The sets of armour I just looked at and didn't make an offer!

The Market is open from Tuesday to Friday from 9am - 6pm.

• Seniors

• TrendsetterME's Profile Photo

Shopping in Prague, CZ

by TrendsetterME Written Jul 11, 2013
    Shopping in Prague, CZ

The L-shaped half mile running from the middle of Wenceslas Square around the corner to the right on Na Príkope and to the Palladium Shopping Center on Námestí Republiky has become Prague's principal shopping hub. In this short distance you'll find several multilevel shopping gallerias, with foreign chains like H&M, Next, Kenvelo, Pierre Cardin, Adidas, and Zara. Between the centers is a wide array of boutiques and antiques shops.

The narrow streets are fun to get lost, just dont make any plan or use a map, just stroll around and am sure u will find many interesting gifts to buy for your own taste ... :)

The wide, tree-lined Parízská, from Old Town Square to the Hotel Inter-Continental, has become Prague's answer to L.A.'s Rodeo Drive, filled with top-end luxury names like Cartier, Hermes, Louis Vuitton, Hugo Boss, and Prada. Along the streets running off of Parízská, many of the best Czech designers have set up shop.

In the streets radiating off Old Town Square, particularly Celetná and Dlouhá, you'll find many of the city's best outlets for glass, porcelain, and jewelry. Indeed, Celetná has evolved into Prague's "glass alley". Karlova, the street that connects the Old Town Square to Charles Bridge, is the place to go for cheap souvenirs.

• Luxury Travel

Instant Answers: Prague

Comments

Prague Shopping

Reviews and photos of Prague shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Prague sightseeing.