Prague Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Prague

Hard Rock Cafe: Hard Rock Cafe Pins & Shirts

by GracesTrips Updated Aug 31, 2014

I'm not big on buying kitsch souvenirs or trinkets but I do buy Hard Rock Café Pins and Shirts from various places I visit. Part of the reason is the name of the city is printed on the pins and shirts. I do wear my HRC shirts and all my pins are displayed on a velvet pillow I have.

Most of the Hard Rock Cafe's I have visited are restaurants. Only one I went to in South Korea was more like a bar. This one is located just off a side street from the Old Town Square with an outdoor seating area in Little Square Malé námìstí.

Various Gift Stores: Souvenier Shopping

by GracesTrips Updated Aug 31, 2014

No particular store. Just wanted to feature the many various gift shops in Old Town Prague. Czech Republic is known for the glassware. A good number of shops that sell vases, art glass, crystal, drinking glasses, etc. Also, lots of jewelry. I saw these US football nesting dolls that probably just appeal to Americans. I didn't buy anything because there wasn't anything in particular I wanted and I worried about breakage with anything that is glass. I may have considered buying a nice wine decanter but we have plenty already.

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Sklizeno Foodie Market: Amazing Food Market!

by GracesTrips Updated Aug 31, 2014

This was a great little shop. So many interesting groceries to buy and prepared food to eat on the go or to take home. A huge selection of tea with flower petals. I also bought some teriyaki almonds (I know that seems weird to purchase in Prague, but this I haven't come across these almonds before). Also, keeping in mind what is easy to bring home.

Hours:
    Mon - Fri: 8:00 am - 8:30 pm
    Sat - Sun: 10:00 am - 8:00 pm

Havelské Tržištì: Outdoor Market near Old Town Square

by GracesTrips Updated Aug 31, 2014

A combination of a farmer's market and souvenir store. Dolls, puppets, toys and jewelry are for sale. Berries, fruits, vegetables and flowers are also for sale.

I was also able to capture a film crew at the market filming a scene where they spill all the apples.

Located very close to Prague's Old Town Square, just south. It's the oldest market in the capital - opened in 1232.

• Nor_Cal_Brad's Profile Photo

A Local Convenience Store: Budget Meals from the Corner Market

by Nor_Cal_Brad Written Jun 28, 2014

I don't remember the name of the little corner market that I bought food and drinks from, but it was about a block away from where we stayed in Prague 10. I'm not sure if the market even had a name, but there are many of these "mom and pop" - type shops located throughout town. This shopping tip is mainly to make you aware my recommendation to stock up on food and drinks at one of these small markets, where you will find unique food and drinks that may not be available in your home country.

I stocked up on water, sandwiches, beer, juice, potato chips and other assorted snacks from the corner market, which came in quite handy when we returned to the apartment late at night after all of the restaurants and convenience stores have closed.

Also, the beer in the "refrigerators" weren't actually cold - barely cooler than the room-temperature beers that I purchased during the same trip to the market. The refrigerators in our apartment were the same way, and I found that our freezer was the equivalent of a cold refrigerator in the U.S. - about 35 degrees F.

What to buy: I would recommend the water, juice, beer, pre-packaged sandwiches, and other assorted snack items. I saw many flavors of potato chips and fruit juices that I don't find in California. Every sandwich that I had was tasty, and they usually cost less than € 2 each.

I also found many Czech beers that I had never heard of, and they were all affordable and very tasty! I would recommend just getting an assortment of different items, then you will know what you liked the most on your inevitable return trip to the market.

What to pay: You can probably get a few meals, snack food, and some beers for under € 10, depending on what you choose and how many you purchase. I was on a tight budget, and I found this to be a good value for my money.

Sandwich and Strawberry Juice Mystery Sandwiches and Paprika Lays - Very Tasty! Bacon Lays and Blackcurrant Juice from the Market
    • Beer Tasting

• Slavica Polish pottery: Polish pottery

by Ivette78 Written Jun 22, 2014

When I spend a few days in Prague as a tourist I was having difficulties finding a nice present for my family (they live in a small village in the South of Czech republic). Then I found this shop on my way to hotel from Petrin park. It was such a miracle and exactly what I was looking for! Beautiful hand made pottery that can be used every day in many decorations!

What to buy: I have never heard about Polish pottery before so it was such a surprise for me that something so beautiful and useful exists.

What to pay: When I compare goods made in factories with this hand-made useful pottery, the price is more than reasonable. Actually, I have found some "design" pottery online, that is more expensive than those awesome dishes.

pictures from the online store

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Various.: Puppets.

by Maurizioago Updated Jan 9, 2014

What to buy: A puppet could be a good souvenir to take home.

There are lots of shops in the city where you can buy a handmade puppet (or more). These are made of wood or plaster.

What to pay: I suppose you have to pay at least 20 euro for a nice one.

• mrazm's Profile Photo

Indiva: Cool independent boutique

by mrazm Written Nov 19, 2013

This cool little independent boutique is hard to pigeonhole because it has everything from women's clothes, purses and jewellery to interesting gift items. But it does mainly focus on stuff for women... so it's a good place for a man to go if he's shopping for his wife, girlfriend, sister, mother or female friend :-)

What to buy: Handmade jewellery, original clothing design.

What to pay: Prices are fairly low given the shop's quality and originality. Most items are priced between 300 and 3000 CZK.

Shop interior Handmade jewellery More handmade jewellery Lots of nice scarves! Earrings, faux foxes and handbags...

Havelska Market: Place to go

by kris-t Updated Sep 28, 2013

If you are going to buy some souvenirs, it's place to go.

It has nice restaurants and cafes around it.
    Lots of people say it is a bit touristy but we enjoyed it.

Hours: 07.30-18.00 Mon-Fri, 08.30-18.00 Sat & Sun

What to buy: Souvenirs, dolls, fresh honey and sweets, flowers, chocolates, leather goods, some original paintings, fruits, vegetables, tea etc.

What to pay: not much, souvenirs cost about 30% less (compared to the small shops in the area)

Havelska Market Havelska Market Havelska Market Havelska Market Havelska Market
    • Photography
    • Work Abroad

DIANA SVET ORISKU: DRIED FRUIT / CHOCOLATES / LOLLIES

by balhannah Written Sep 3, 2013

We had caught a Tram across the River so we could catch the Funicular to the Castle.
    We alighted in Ujezd Street, right infront of a beautiful shop window chocked full of all types of edible goodies. That was enough for me, so I went inside to find the interior just as full!
    Pretty empty tins could be bought and filled with dried fruit and nuts, chocolates or what-ever you chose, the selection was huge.
    The lady behind the counter was lovely, so friendly! We had some fun together as she couldn't speak much English and us no Czech!

After much deliberation, we made our choice of dried Apricots, Chocolate sultanas and a drink. Prices compared to back home were very reasonable!
    We ate them on our daily walk, enjoyed both the Apricots and Sultanas. I wanted more, the only trouble was we came back a different way!

Shop Diana Shop Diana Shop Diana Shop Diana Shop Diana

Marionettes: Czech Puppets and Marionettes

by kris-t Updated Aug 12, 2013

Czech Puppets and Marionettes Are the Perfect Czech Souvenirs.

Where to Buy Czech Puppets:

Luzickeho seminare 5
    Mala Strana, Praha 1
    Tel. 606 924 392
    www.loutky.com

What to buy: character souvenir toys

What to pay: Depend, $12.00 and up

Zlata Ulichka shop near The Carl bridge shop near The Carl bridge shop near The Carl bridge Zlata Ulichka
    • Photography

WILD ROSE SHOP: GLASSWARE

by balhannah Written Aug 10, 2013

Did you know the Czech Republic produces some of the finest glassware in the World. I guess I soon gathered that, as around the city were many shops selling Bohemian Crystal cut into vases, bowls, animals, birds and other incredible designs. I really like the glassware but decided it was to risky to buy and take home via a long flight.
    The shop in my photo had some interesting pieces.

Wild Rose Shop

LIPPERT GARDEN: ENJOY AN ICE-CREAM

by balhannah Written Aug 1, 2013

In the Old Town Square, food and drinks seemed to be double the price to elsewhere. Of course, this is because it is a tourist area.

Well, I found an Ice-cream stall in the Old Town Square with lots of Ice-cream flavours, and best of all, the price was good!
    So this is one food you can buy without being ripped off!

Music: Music shop

by kris-t Updated Jul 30, 2013

The small .... really small - about 7 sq meters shop in the hart of Prague, near by the Franz Kafka's home on Golden lane...

What to buy: Unfortunately this shop does not exist any more, it was replaced with a regular souvenir shop...

• Architecture
    • Museum Visits

V UNGELTU: PUPPET SHOP

by balhannah Written Jul 28, 2013

The Wicked Witch was standing outside the door of this tiny shop! Thank-goodness she wasn't real - but she was enough to make me venture inside.

After passing through the entrance, I turned left into the shop.

It was wow! My eyes lit up, perhaps I was a child again, I certainly felt like one, only not in a lolly shop, but a Puppet shop. This shop was tiny and it was crammed full of Puppets of every size and description you can imagine. It was wonderful!
    I did buy some dolls here and asked the kind lady if I could take photo's - she said yes. She was so nice and helpful and wrapped up my gifts very well so they wouldn't be broken

If you want to see Puppet's, then do come here, you won't be able to make up your mind which to buy!

Opening hours: Every day 10 am-8 pm

Puppets @ V Ungeltu Entrance Puppets @ V Ungeltu Puppets @ V Ungeltu Puppets @ V Ungeltu

Instant Answers: Prague

Comments

Prague Shopping

Reviews and photos of Prague shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Prague sightseeing.