Ceske Budejovice Restaurants

• Pork tenderloin (sorry, I already had a bite!)
    Pork tenderloin (sorry, I already had a...
    Pork milano
    Restaurant Pavlac

Most Recent Restaurants in Ceske Budejovice

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Restaurant Pavlac: Czech food near the square

by Dabs Updated Jun 8, 2008

Pork tenderloin (sorry, I already had a bite!)

Our hotel recommended Restaurant Pavlac as the best place to eat near the center, it was fully booked on Friday but we did get in on Saturday, there were a lot of free tables that night.

My waitress originally brought me the wrong dish, it was in the top left hand corner of the menu on a different page than the dish I ordered so I'm still not sure if it was my mistake or hers but she was extremely apologetic and even brought me a slice of cake on the house.

Favorite Dish: I ordered the pork tenderloin stuffed with ham, cheese and leek, there was little ham, cheese or leek in the dish but the pork was juicy and tender with a nice flavor. David made the better selection with pork milano, a tender lightly breaded pork cutlet with a blue cheese sauce which was very good. As in most Czech restaurants, side dishes are extra so I ordered french fries, I think David's meal included his side dish.

Our meal with one drink each was 378kc ($24US)

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Pilsner Urquell Original Restaurant: Czech food on the square

by Dabs Written Jun 8, 2008

Restaurant at Hotel Zvon

We couldn't get into either of our first two choices, Ceske Budejovice doesn't have a lot of restaurants and even less that come recommended. We circled the square looking for another option, the 1st place we popped into had no one at all in it which wasn't an encouraging sign so we found this place.

I'm not sure I have the right name for this place but it's situated right outside the Grand Hotel Zvon on the main square in Ceske Budejovice, there's outdoor seating in front and more space in the pub like restaurants inside. We weren't able to find a seat outside so we sat indoors, it was a little weird at first sitting amidst smokers since we don't have indoor smoking anymore in Chicago but we got used to it as our trip went on.

Favorite Dish: I ordered garlic soup, which was nothing special, and spatzle with ham and cheese which was good and filling. David ordered beef goulash with dumplings and enjoyed it. I didn't keep my receipt but I think the prices were average for everything.

No pictures of the food, it was our 1st night in town and I wasn't into full tourist mode yet...

• riika's Profile Photo

Can't remember :(: Great pizzeria at the train station!

by riika Written Jun 6, 2006

There's a nice little pizzeria connected to the train station in Budejovice. You can't get into it from the station, but it's in the same building

Favorite Dish: The pizza and ice cream! We actually ate here twice, but only because eveyrthing else was already closed!

• desert_princess's Profile Photo

Internetova kavarna: Coffee and internet

by desert_princess Updated Aug 5, 2005

Internet cafe

this neat place is located on the main sqare on the side where the Black tower is - It is nestled in a hidden inner yard with glass ceiling and is definitely my kind of place. You can take a drink or go on internet and tell everybody where you are....
    Chilly and relaxing ,mediterranean / moroccan spirit chillour place to relax...
    If you happen to understand Czech , here are the prices and some more info that I couldn't understand ;
    Internetova Kavarna
    1 hodina = 50 Kc ( Godina is year in bulgarian , but I guess here they use it for "hour" )
    1 minut = 1 kc
    Nekuracke sezeni - 20 mist v pnjemnem prostredi ( something about non smokers I assume )
    Detsky koutek - hracky k dispozici misto k parkovani kocarku

opening hours
    po-so ;9.00 - 22.00 , ne (should be for nedelya = sunday ) 9.00-14.00 , 17.00 - 22.00

Favorite Dish: Internet

• Jennyjump79's Profile Photo

Hotel Bohemia: Cellars and Candlelight

by Jennyjump79 Written Jun 15, 2005

Not the best food I ate during my stay in the Czech Republic, but good, solid continental fare at reasonable prices nonetheless. The atmosphere is better than the food-- cozy corners that would be perfect for a romantic dinner or a bit of privacy if you're eating alone (as I was.) The service was also very attentive and quick-- another plus if you're a solo diner.

Favorite Dish: I had the roast duck and a couple side dishes. Some of the veggies were still a little frozen; otherwise I wouldn't have known that the meal had been reheated. The duck, however, was just fine.

• Trains

• riika's Profile Photo

Budějovický Budvar: Budvar Brewery - don't leave CB without visiting!

by riika Written Jun 6, 2006

This is the brewery restaraunt/pub for Budvar and you are guaranteed the freshest pint of Budvar you've ever tasted! The gulas was delicious as was the knedlicky!

Favorite Dish: Gulas with knedlicky

• Beer Tasting
    • Trains

• desert_princess's Profile Photo

The restaurant of Hotel Zvon

by desert_princess Updated Sep 23, 2005

The restaurant of Hotel Zvon

A charming old restaurant under the arcades , belonging to hotel Zvon with vaulted ceilings .I had a czech beer and a goulash of course - both make ma salivate just by thinking of it...

• Architecture
    • Beer Tasting

• Leipzig's Profile Photo

Restaurant

by Leipzig Written Feb 3, 2003

I'm getting old! I do not remember the restaurants' name. It's the yellow one on the photo. Once it was used as a stable for horses.

Favorite Dish: This restaurant had very good Bohemian cuisine for less money.

• orlikins's Profile Photo

Budvar bar: Beer & bretzels

by orlikins Updated Nov 21, 2002

Mecca!!! ;-))

We just hung out in the Budvar bar most of the afternooon, getting a little bit tipsy on 20p pints of beer :)

Favorite Dish: Well a pint of Budvar and bretzels go down very nicely thank you :)

• My favourite restaurants are...

by Market Written Aug 26, 2002

My favourite restaurants are Hacienda Mexicana, Ameno- mexican and italian restaurant,Panda
    pleasant place and waiters and very good food

Favorite Dish: sworfish,trout and margarita or sangria

Instant Answers: Ceske Budejovice

Comments

Ceske Budejovice Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ceske Budejovice restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ceske Budejovice sightseeing.

View all Ceske Budejovice hotels