Square's & Markets, Brno

Know about this? Rate It!

• Astralka's Profile Photo

Komenskeho namesti - Komensky Square

by Astralka Updated Jul 22, 2004

Favorite thing: A very nice historical building of the Faculty of Medicine (Masaryk University) is on this square opposite the Faculty of Music.
    You cant see the nice part of the building because I took the photo from the side to force you to come with your own camera. There is the statue of the Thomas Garyk Masaryk, which I think is too small compared to the huge building, but ask the designer why. This little square is a good place to sit down for a while and have a rest, or pick up a bench across the road near the fountain.

I hope that you will be lucky and did not come when the gypsy children swim there. Sometimes a policeman casts them away, but they keep coming :)

Fondest memory: What I like about Brno (and hate about Prague), is that in Brno the streets are not crowded and everything is much cheaper!

• andreslo2000's Profile Photo

Burcak. What the hell is that?

by andreslo2000 Written Feb 25, 2003

Favorite thing: As I wasn't staying in Brno itself but in some 80 km far Znojmo, my Brno experience was just one or two visits of the city. And my favourite thing there was rain. Really! Haven't I told you before that this year my only companion on trips all arond Europe was rain. Don't you belive me. Just check my Budapest page (May this year), see my Munich page (August this year), visit my Rijeka page (May this year). Rain, rain and rain again. I must be surely born under a lucky star.

• Wine Tasting