Klasterec nad Ohri Things to Do
The ruins of Šumburk Castle, which was built between 1431 and 1435, are located to the southwest of Klášterec. The castle burned down in the second half of the 16th century. In 1607 the ruins were bought by Kryštof of Fictum, who added it to the Klášterec estate. As nobody has lived at the place since that time, it is rather dilapidated.
THE „GOLDEN LION" INN (NO. 10)
It is the oldest place of the town. It is situated in the south-western corner of the square and partly at the end of Zahradní Street. Earlier, the building housed a monastery of the Black Monks Order who came from Postoloprty, and also the Church of Sacrament, hospital for the poor, and in the years 1872-1945 the seat of the head office of the Thuns’ manor.
DWELLING HOUSE (NO. 182)
Adjacent to the „Golden Lion" inn. The licensed burgher brewery had been brewing here till 1866.
TOWN HALL (NOS. 85 and 86)
The town hall dominates Dr. E. Beneš square. It is a two-storey double-wing pseudo-Renaissance building with a polygonal high corner tower with a clock. It was built in the years 1855-1856 and reconstructed after a fire in 1859.
MERCHANTS' HOUSES (NOS. 88, 89, 96 AND OTHERS)
These one-storey Classicism and Empire houses are also situated in the square. They were built at the end of the 18th or the beginning of the 19th century.
KOSTELNÍ STREET (FROM NO. 74 THROUGH TO NO. 68)
In this street you will be captured, for example, by house No. 71, namely by its Gothic elements in the interior, or by house No. 68. It is a Classicist Vernier’s house with a little portal, small sculptures of St. Joseph and St. Florian and a terracotta portrait of St. Joseph.
VICARAGE (NOS. 97 AND 98)
The Baroque, one-storey vicarage is situated in Kostelní Street. Originally serving as a dwelling burgher’s house, it was later transformed into a hospital for 12 poor people. In 1726 it was rebuilt into a vicarage. An annexe, the so-called library, adjoins the house.Related to:
- Hiking and Walking
In 1514 Volf Detrich Fictum founded a mansion on a headland of the river Ohre, later expanded by his sons to a fortress. During the second half of the 16th century it was rebuilt into a chateau. The Chateau’s stairway tower was built in 1590. By 1618, it was transformed into a representative four-wing Renaissance structure by Krystof Fictum.
The Chateau was rebuilt into its present Neo-Gothic form in 1860, after a great fire in 1856.
The exhibition in four ground-floor halls situated in the southern wing - the remnants of the original Renaissance building built in 1600 - offers a brief history of production old Oriental and European porcelain. The halls are decorated with rich stucco ornaments and furniture of English and Dutch origin from the 17th and 18th centuries.
In two halls, there are examples of Japanese porcelain produced between the beginning of the 17th century and the second half of the 19th century. One hall is dedicated to the oldest European porcelain, namely from Meissen and Vienna, where factories were built in 1710 and 1718, respectively. The visitors can see all phases of the oldest periods of porcelain production in Meissen. The exposition also features Dominik Aulicka's figural statues from the porcelain factory in Nymfenburg produced in the second half of the 18th century.
Twenty-one rooms on the 1st floor of the chateau are dedicated to an exposition of Czech porcelain production from its very beginnings to the present. The exposition shows the output of individual factories produced in various periods, including Empire, Biedermeier, Second Rococo, Neo-Renaissance, Art Nouveau, etc. Opening time:
April - October: Tuesday - Sunday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
November - March: Monday - Friday 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Photo gallery - castleRelated to:
- Castles and Palaces
- Museum Visits
Come to have a rest and to see the beauty offered by the city of Klášterec nad Ohrí.A mini spa resort was built around a mineral spring, which was descovered in 1883 near the river Ohre. The spa infrastructure is now being built and renovated.
The former road was changed into a pedestrian zone with granite pavement. A part of the area between the promenade and the backbone communication was filled with a parking lot. A wooden colonade was built here for pleasant seating of visitors and organization of cultural events. The historical character was added by period lighting and the colonnade was surrounded by a newly planted linden alley.
The existing spa sanatorium Eugenie, which was used in the past as a bottling plant was also visibly extended. The building currently serves guests to whom it offers balneal treatment procedures. Following the renovation of the original premises and large expansion, there are rooms for accomodating spa guests.
There is also a plan to renovate historical monuments to build a network of paths in the spa park and a new park. The tennis courts existing currently in the spa resort will expanded by one court open all-year round with night lighting.
To calm down the traffic in the spa area was built next to the parking lot a new mineral water bottling plant with a small information centre where was drowe mineral springs Eugenie and Klášterec Spring. The spa resort is suraunded by a pleasant park with a pond.Related to:
- Spa and Resort
Klasterec nad Ohri Off The Beaten Path
Close to Klasterec nad Ohri there is situated a centre of winter sports - Klinovec. There are about 5,500 m of treated downhill courses. The ski grounds are situated very suitably as they can be used both by beginners and by experienced sjiers who can choose from four courses with different difficulty. Its hight ranging from 900 to 1244 m above the sea level.Related to:
- Skiing and Boarding
It is exeptional beautiful place for bicykling.
You can find many possibilities for bike trips in Klasterec surroundings.Related to:
- Budget Travel
0 Hotels in Klasterec nad Ohri
Klasterec nad Ohri Sports & Outdoors
Sports and leisure
Aquapark is am unique centre of water fun with three toboggans (28, 68 a 128m). You will find there 8 water areas of various sizes and shapes, e.g. several children´s pools, a swimming and diving pool, wild water and massage baths. It is an open area and in the summer it is open every day from 9.00 a.m. to 7.00 p.m. Other attractions can also be used in the Aquapark area, as a beach volleyball court and minigolf course.
M-club sporting area
In M-club sporting area you can find an ice rink, tennis and volleyball courts, fitness centre, sauna, gym, football stadium, athletic track a body building and skilfulness zone. Furthemore there is a shop with sports equipment, restaurant and beer hall.
Youth will enjoing a skating park in Královéhradecká Street, which is equipped with U-ramp and several other ramps.
Let have a fun! There are about 230 km of marked routes equipped with 20 resting schelters and 64 information signboards in the neighbourhood of the town Klášterec nad Ohøí. The routes are of various difficulty from family ones up to very demanding ones.
The river Ohøe flows through our town. It heads in the territory of Germany and joins the river Elbe. The river Ohøe is passable for water tourism from Cheb to Kadaò. There is a camp for water tourist in Klášterec.Related to:
- Water Sports
- Skiing and Boarding
Klasterec nad Ohri Favorites
Favorite thing: Information centre
Nám. Dr. E. Beneše 86
Klášterec nad Ohrí 431 51
Tel: +420 474 376 431
Fax: +420 474 371 170
Mon – Fri - 8.30a.m. – 5.p.m.
Sat + Sun - 10.00a.m. – 4.p.m.(June – September)
The town’s Information Centre is situated in a neo-Renaissance town hall located in its historical heart. It also houses the gallery Kryt (Shelter) in which regular exhibitions of paintings, art prints, statues and photographs take place.
Tourist information on Klášterec nad Ohøí and its surrounding countryside
Accommodation, boarding and transport information
Information on cultural and social events
Sales of postcards, maps, guidebooks, DVD, promotional materials and publications
An exhibition in the gallery Kryt every month
Public Internet access (1 minute = CZK 1.00)
Copy centre (black and white: up to A3 format)
Computer printouts (black and white: up to A3 format, coloured: A4 format)
Scanning (black and white and coloured: up to A3 format)
Photo gallery - Information centre
Fondest memory: Town
The town of Klášterec nad Ohrí is located on the left-bank of the River Ohre on the boundary of the Krušné and Doupovské Mountains, 330 metres above sea level. The town is currently home to 16 thousand inhabitants.The origin and the name Klášterec are connected to The Blank Monks' Order from Postoloprty, who founded there a small monastery (claustrellum) in the 12th century.
On June 2, 1623 Kryštof Šimon of Thun bought the Klášterec estate. The Thun family entered the town history in a very significant way. Namely the chateau is a result of their activities. Today, it is newly reconstructed and you can find a museum of Bohemian porcelain there. A nine-hectare. English park with many dendrologically unique species spreads out in the neighbourhood of the chateau. A part of the park is also formed by Salla Terrena and by a lot of significant sculptures by an outstanding 17th century sculptor J. Brokoff. The Trinity Church built according to Lurago’s designs by architect Rossi de Luca is a supreme Baroque building that should not be missed. Newly reconstructed burgher houses from the 18th and the 19th century in the square of the town historical part cannot be missed by visitors.
The town, famous for china manufacture, is very well located on the international road E-442 warranting a comfortable and quick connection with Carlsbad and Chomutov.Related to:
- Family Travel
- Museum Visits
- Castles and Palaces