Olomouc Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Olomouc

• balhannah's Profile Photo

RESTAURANT GOL: BIG MEALS - GREAT FOOD!

by balhannah Written Jan 21, 2014

We came across this Restaurant at the back of the Andruv football stadium. We looked at the menu, the amount of people there [lots] and took a outdoor seat under the verandah.
    It wasn't long before a waiter had come and taken our order for drinks and meal - good service.
    While sitting there, we noticed people were coming and going all the time, it looked to be a very popular restaurant.
    Our meals came and they were huge, too big for me!
    My husband had pork ribs, and the plate arrived with seven of them! Cost in 2013 - 129 czk
    I had Chicken schnitzel, a large piece! Cost in 2013 - 119czk
    Both the meals were good.
    Beer was 33 czk
    We were more than pleased with the service, food and the setting of the restaurant, and would definitely return if ever in Olomouc.
    Sorry, I forgot to take a photo of our meals!

Gol Restaurant Gol Restaurant

• Kathrin_E's Profile Photo

Café Mahler: Famous but not too welcoming

by Kathrin_E Written Oct 19, 2013

Café Mahler is a renowned address in Olomouc. The location in the main square is perfect, the open terrace has a fine view of the town hall and the square, indoors it is atmospheric wiht lots of dark wood. However, seems they have had enough fame and do not feel much need to worry about their customers any more. Coffee and cake were all right but nothing to really write home about. The waitress was downright unfriendly - not only my impression but also that of the eight other people who were with me. I'll go somewhere else next time...

• Architecture

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

Restaurace Goliáš: Slavic specialties

by GentleSpirit Updated May 22, 2013

The restaurant was located in a comfortable shaded place just off the main street. I went there for lunch, and it was quite busy. There was a menu in English. Staff spoke English well enough, no communication difficulties. Food was nicely presented and tasty. I think the kitchen was a bit slow that day, but I was in no hurry so it didn't really matter. In all an enjoyable meal.

Favorite Dish: Potato pancake stuffed with tvarůžky (Olomouc "smelly cheese") cheese and sausages.

The dish was filling, delicious and well presented, most enjoyable. I have to say that though i had been led to expect that Oloumouc "smelly cheese" would be pungent it wasn't really so. This is soft, very low fat chese (0.6%)! Don't let the guidebooks let you think that this is some foul smelling cheese, it isn't. There was a little aftertaste, but with all the great desserts available you should have no problem.

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

Dom u cerveneho volka: Local specialties

by GentleSpirit Written Jan 11, 2013

Most of the restaurants in Olomouc look pretty much the same inside. This was a little different in that they had more decoration, i suppose trying to give it a more homey, sort of look. We have this a lot in "family" restaurants in the states. I went in the evening and it seemed that most of the clientele were students and young professionals.

Service- service was somewhat slow, but friendly.

The food- portions were a bit small compared to other restaurants in Olomouc, but the food was really quite delicious tasting. Presentation was very nice. Probably not a high end restaurant, but enjoyable and good food all the same.

Favorite Dish: I had a delicious dish of chicken with spinach (bernaise sauce) with potato pancakes and gorganzola cheese.

Appetizer was a small plate of garlic soup with some Olomouc "smelly cheese"

Hlava 21: Restaurant

by swetluska Updated Apr 4, 2011

Very good restaurant! However the interior is... well, quite strange, the dishes are delicious and I had problem with eating my whole portion (which usually doesn't happen because I eat a lot). Also drinks, midday menu.

• Hanacka Hospoda Restaurant Olomouc: Reviews not acurate

by padamianou Written Aug 4, 2010

This restaurant was highly rated as one of the best restaurants in Olomouc. The reality is different. The food is horrible and the place is not very clean. There are flies and even spiders on the wall. There was only one lady to take the order who spoke only Czech. No English, no German. She gave us an English menu but what you order has nothing to do with what you get. For example I order a bottle of red wine ( a specific one) and I receive a glass of horrible white wine. My wife ordered stake well done and she receives an entirely different chicken plate. I tried for a long time to explain to the waitress to bring some bread but it was impossible. I even showed her the word in English in the menu but still no result. The price is indeed very good, everything is quite cheap but it may cost you later when you try to fix your stomach.

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Potrefena Husa

by Gili_S Written Aug 25, 2009

Same as in Prague and Ostrava and probably else where, also here they have one of my favourites cafe's in the Czech republic, the Potrefena Husa cafe bar where you can have a good selections of drinks, coffee, beer and food.

Zlata Krepelka: Motorest

by swetluska Written Mar 7, 2009

Restaurant on the way to/from Olomouc (approx. 5 km from Olomouc in Hradec Kralove direction). We stopped there on our way from Bohemia home and I am quite sure we will never do it again. Just a few dishes, their "nescafe" was from the automat machine (that one you put the coins in to get a coffee), their "kofola" (traditional czech soft drink) has absolutely nothing to do with the real kofola.... and the staff was... well, little weird :-)

U Domu: Wine room

by swetluska Written Jun 5, 2008

Located in the basement, interior is very nice. We like it and go there quite often, one of the reason is the fact that my friend occasionaly works there.
    I just miss some meals - they have "only" toasts and cheese and such things.

Opened:
    Mo - Fri: 10:00-24:00
    Sat: 14:00-23:00

Black Stuff: Irish Pub

by swetluska Updated Jun 5, 2008

Quite cosy interior, small summer garden.
    Prices are reasonable, personnel kind but SO slowly!

Too much smoke inside, and just little space for the non-smokers; but because there are no windows in this non-smoking room, there is too hot - it is almost better to sit in the smoking area.

• swetluska's Profile Photo

Kastanek: No smoking in wine bar!

by swetluska Updated Oct 14, 2007

I really like this wine bar because smoking is not allowed there :)
    You can have a nice evening here or you can get the wine into the bottle and take it home.
    They have 400 types of wine and also several types of coffee and tea.
    If you are wine fan and/or wine specialist, then visit Kastanek for sure.

• Wine Tasting

Captain Morgan's: Pizza

by swetluska Updated Jul 30, 2007

Popular pizzeria in Olomouc, located in the former town's defence walls. Good tip especially when you have an ISIC card, because when ordering two pizzas, you pay only one. Place and staff are little snobbish, but it can be handled :) Summer garden outside.
    It used to be closed on Sundays, but I'm not sure about it today.

Mahler: Café

by swetluska Written Jun 28, 2007

Impression is very dependent on personnel. When you are lucky, you can spend there nice afternoon with friends, having delicious ice cream cups, pancakes, drinks or coffee. On the other hand, you can wait for your order almost half an hour and the waitress will look like you really, really bother her.... also the prices aren't the lowest ones.
    Opened :
    mo - sat: 08:00 - 22:00
    sun: 09:00 - 24:00

Favorite Dish: Ice cream with hot rapsberries and whipped cream.

Caesar: Café/restaurant/gallery

by swetluska Updated Jun 24, 2007

Pizza, pasta, salads. The best choice is probably some pasta. During summer there is garden outside and you can enjoy tasty ice creams. Just the service could be quicker...
    Inside there is also a gallery, so you can admire paintings during your dinner.
    Opened:
    Mon - Sat: 09:00 - 01:00
    Sun 0900: - 24:00

U Cerveneho volka: Restaurant

by swetluska Written Jun 24, 2007

Tasty meals, cousy interior and friendly personnel. Garden in summer.
    Opened Mon - Sat: 10:00 - 23:00
    Sun: 11:00 - 22:00

Note: phone number mentioned at some VT pages is not valid. We had here festive luch after my finals so I wanted to book the table for Jirka's finals too. No one of the numbers was working, so finaly I booked Hanacka :)

Instant Answers: Olomouc

Comments

Olomouc Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Olomouc restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Olomouc sightseeing.