Pavlov Travel Guide

waterworld
    Eleventh Century Castle

Pavlov Local Customs

by zrim Written Jul 21, 2004

Even though we went out hiking in the hills and forests, we did not come across much wildlife. I saw an extremely large hare which I first mistook for a doe. And then a few days later, Becky and I spotted a tiny deer. Otherwise, the most excitement came from an Alsatian that hid in ambush until I was right at his gate and burst forth with snarls, growls and spittle spewing from his muzzle. I admit it, the Alsatian made me jump back with fright.

a not so menacing butterfly

by zrim Written Jul 15, 2004

One nice aspect of the Czech culture is their obvious love for gardens and flowers. It is unusual to pass a home that does not have a nicely manicured lawn replete with dozens, if not hundreds, of brilliant flowers of all colors. Becky loves her gardening and was very pleased to walk through the countryside admiring the Czech gardens.

This nice garden is located in the small hamlet of Klentnice.

even the plainest house has a lovely garden

by zrim Written Jul 14, 2004

Every Moravian town has vineyards close at hand. Many families in the villages will tend their own grapes and make their own wine. The Moravian wines are generally a little sweeter than those of western Europe and the U.S. The Moravian wines are drinking wines, not cellaring wines and they make perfectly fine table wines.

the vines of Pavlov
    • Wine Tasting

Pavlov Off The Beaten Path

by zrim Written Jul 14, 2004

Pavlov lies on the edge of a man-made lake or reservoir. I imagine that the man-made pond has some use for either drinking water or hydro-electric energy, but the poor town down in the valley got obliterated. All but for the church on one of the lonely islands in the reservoir. The church obviously stood on the highest part of town--now you have to row over if you want to attend services. Seriously. I understand that the priest boats over every once in a while to conduct services in the lonely old church.

waterworld

by zrim Written Jul 14, 2004

We set off from the town of Pavlov and were informed that we would be hiking up the steepish hill that lies behind the town and would convene on the castle's ramparts for a little geography and history lesson.

A pleasant little hike up, up and up to the castle, but we were plagued by mosquitos. Mosquitos in Moravia? I'm afraid so. Thought we had left the little buggers behind in Minnesota.

Eleventh Century Castle
    • Architecture

• Pavlov Hotels

0 Hotels in Pavlov

Instant Answers: Pavlov

Comments

Pavlov Travel Guide
Map of Pavlov