Kutna Hora Restaurants

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Dacicky Pub: Traditional Czech pub

by rexvaughan Updated Apr 4, 2011

Dining room

Sometimes good fortune shines and it happened to us in Kutna Hora as we were looking for somewhere to have lunch. We stumbled upon a traditional Czech pub which has been operating for about 400 years here. Its interior is extremely inviting with a bar in the front room which is colorfully decorated and well populated. The main dining room is just behind and is also a lovely room with a peaked ceiling and wooden beams. The tables are long common ones where you may sit with whomever happens to be there. It is located in the center of town near the stone fountain.

I took the photos of the bar but the one of the dining room and the lovely one of Sir Mikulas Dacicky are from their website.

Favorite Dish: Our meal was delicious - goulash for my wife and roast beef with nice slightly sweet dumplings washed down with an unpasturized Dacicky Kvasnicove beer. I also loved the plate which was inscribed “All things have an end and liverwurst hath two.”

• leics's Profile Photo

Organzza Cafe: Lots of different coffees.....

by leics Written Apr 10, 2010

Organzza Cafe

...and nice toilets, and pleasant staff, and a warm and comfy place to sit on the main square when the weather is foul.

There will be tables outside when the weather is better.

They serve cakes etc as well.

I liked this place very much indeed.

• Singles
    • Seniors

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Pizzeria Sole Mio: Pizza near the Stone House

by Dabs Written Jun 7, 2008

Pizza Salerno

We were all a little droopy from the heat having walked from the bone church to the historic center, I smelled some pizza and it was decided we would give this place a try.

Favorite Dish: I had a salerno pizza with salami and the guys ordered the same thing again which scared me more than the bone church, pizza peperoni with pepper, onions and some kind of meat. The pizzas were around 100kc (around $6US), beer was 26kc for a 1/2 liter, the whole meal for the 3 of us was 430kc.

My pizza was just OK, a little more bread than you usually find in European pizzas, David said he enjoyed his.

• illumina's Profile Photo

n/a: Eating on the cheap

by illumina Written Feb 26, 2008

We did see a number of restaurants walking through the centre of Kutna Hora, but we didn't have a lot of time, and weren't terribly hungry, so instead just stopped off at a little mini-supermarket just down the road from the fountain. We bought bread and cheese for a ridiculously low sum, and some crisps and chocolate for not much more - I think lunch for two people cost us less than £2! Sitting on a bench in the town square in the middle of December might have been a bit chilly, but still, if you're on a budget, it's not a bad option.

• Study Abroad

• littlesam1's Profile Photo

Dining

by littlesam1 Updated Feb 23, 2005

Althought not teaming with great restaurants it is still possible to find a good meal in Kutna Hora. Here we find the guys the hats at a small pizzeria. There are other small restaurants similiar to this one in Kutna Hora. It was inexpensive, the food was good, and the guys in hats got to relax in the sun for a few minutes. It was all part of a perfect afternoon.

• Travelchili's Profile Photo

Restaurant in Marble House: A good place to eat at Kutna Hora

by Travelchili Written Nov 3, 2003

Marble House restaurant

We walked around for a while to find a restaurant that we wanted to try and finally decided to try the one inside of the Marble House. They offered many local dishes, which were freshly made and the portions were very generous.

Favorite Dish: I had soup of the day and goulash with potato crocets. Everything was delicious!

• globetrott's Profile Photo

Scharzenbersky Hostinec: A great & cheap restaurant close to bone-church

by globetrott Written Aug 5, 2003

Pivovar Kutna Hora

This restaurant is just a few steps from the monastery church of Sedlec, and you have a large parking in front.

They also serve in a shady garden and prices are really cheap !!

Favorite Dish: Pivovar Kutna Hora - is a local brewery since 1573, and at many restaurants of the area you may taste this great beer. Better hurry up tasting all the different sorts of beer, before small breweries like this one disappears completely, beeing sold to international beer-companies with their kind of beer that tastes the same way all over the world.

• Wine Tasting

Hotel Hynek: Conveniently downstairs from our room

by richiecdisc Updated Jul 9, 2003

Finally, a Primator beer!

I don't normally eat in the restaurant below where I stay, but I have to admit that I pretty much only stayed here because they had the beer I made this pilgrimage for in the first place prominently advertised on their sign outside! It turned out to have very nice food and at quite reasonable prices as well.

Favorite Dish: Hmmm, I can't seem to remember just what I had here but I do know they had Primator beer on tap. This was my reason for coming to Nachod in the first place so needless to say, I had a few before, during, and after I ate so it's not so hard to believe that I don't remember what I ate. ;) I think the room, dinner, beers and breakfast came to about 1000 kc (a little less than $30) for both of us!

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

Svijany Restaurant: All the beers but one...

by richiecdisc Updated Jul 9, 2003

utopenci goes well with local brews

This is one of the Svijany Brewery's flagship pubs as the actual brewery is down the road a bit in the town of Svijany. It's an upscale looking place with fancy looking waiters but the food prices are not bad at all and the beer is cheaper than most places in town. There is a pleasant outside seating area for sunny days.

Favorite Dish: The lunch specials are quite good value but my favorite was the utopenci, which were cold, pickled spicy sausages served with raw onions. It went great with the assortment of Svijany beers on offer. They had quite a selection as well. I tried the Maz, Rytir, Knize, and the hard to track down and quite potent, Baron. Unfortunately, even they didn't have my kvasnicove (unfiltered) beer. The utopenci was a little more than a dollar and beers were generally around 50 cents.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

Restaurace Astra: When you least expect it.....

by richiecdisc Updated Jul 9, 2003

smoked pork with knedley goes well with Svijany

This is a simple basement restaurant in Liberec and I will admit I went in pretty much because they had a beer sign outside I had not seen before. It turned out to be a real gem of a place, with simple but tasty inexpensive meals, and friendly service. The woman even spoke some German, which helped in meal selection!

Favorite Dish: The pictured meal was smoked pork, served with saurkraut and knedley (a dumpling that goes well with Czech sauces). The Svijany pictured was their 13 degree pale lager, a very tasty beer with a fabulous head. This was my second visit and as good as it was, I was dissappointed. On my first, I had one of my favorite beers in all my travels around Czech. It was a kvasnicove (unfiltered) 11 degree beer, that had hints of juniper berry in its very full flavored palate. In fact, I made a separate trip back to the Czech Republic a few weeks later just to have this beer again but it was unfortunately out the second time around. :( Meals were a little over a dollar and the beer was less than fifty cents!

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

U or Na something: This glass is for you...

appropriately in B & W thanks to D's camera

This is the classic Czech eatery with simple wooden tables and chairs, and thick smoke hanging in the air. It's a place where people come after work, to have a beer, and discuss daily life. It's unpretentious and full eveyday people enjoying everyday pleasures.

Favorite Dish: They have daily specials and you have to ask what they are and if you don't speak Czech (like most non-Czechs), just kinda hope and pray it's something you like! We had stuffed peppers in a nice sauce that went perfectly with the knedley (a bread or potato dumpling). It was 56 kc (less than two dollars) and though not huge, was a good size and filling portion. Kutnohorske beer was 13 kc (less than 50 cents) but it sure seemed like he gave us a lot free.

• Rude_boy22's Profile Photo

The only big grocery in town.: The Supermarket

by Rude_boy22 Written Sep 1, 2002

You can stock up on non perishable food here. Czech food is dirt cheap. It'll save you quite a bit of money to stock up if you are headed to western Europe, or Berlin.

Favorite Dish: Fresh produce and meat and potatoes style foods. Excellent sausages.

• kris-t's Profile Photo

Cafe Harmonia: Cozy place

by kris-t Updated Jul 20, 2013

Entrance

This restaurant iz very cozy, and quaint.

Favorite Dish: We stopped here for lunch and found excellent service, nice atmosphere and very good food. We were pleasantly surprised.

• Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: Kutna Hora

Comments

Kutna Hora Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Kutna Hora restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kutna Hora sightseeing.