Litomerice Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Litomerice

Cafe Andel

by german_eagle Updated Jun 22, 2013

It was a day with rain on and off, I had already spent a couple of hours sightseeing and visited museums, so I decided I needed a break. Cafe Andel is right on the main square Mirove namesti under the arcades, next to Radnicni Sklipek restaurant, very convenient for tourists and excellent for people watching. I had a table under the arcades, sat in a comfy armchair.

I had latte macchiato, a piece of Sacher cake and a glass of pear juice. The latter was excellent - the rest was la-la. The Sacher cake had, typical for the Czech Republic IMO, too much sugar in it. I know cake/dessert must be sweet, but this was definitely too much. The latte macchiato was not really good, either, too bitter for my taste. Service was very friendly and quick, though. The upside was that the latte macchiato came with a small glass of tap water, not ordered and not charged.

The check was 97 CZK (about 4 Euro), which is inexpensive for German standards, but more than average in the Czech Republic.

Salva Guarda

by german_eagle Updated Jun 1, 2013

The leading hotel in Litomerice occupies one of the landmark townhouses, a building from the late Gothic era, redesigned in Renaissance style in the 16th century, facades decorated with sgraffiti - so it is not to miss. They also have a restaurant and in 2013 I had lunch there.

It was cold and rainy, so I took a seat in the vaulted dining room inside, not under the arcades outside. The service was extremely fast (not to say rushed), not overly friendly. German and English spoken. They have a special lunch menu with considerably lower prices than for dinner.

Favorite Dish: I had a sauerkraut soup (Staroceska zelnacka), a regional specialty, which was very good. Main course was a typical Czech dish: slices of roast beef in a very (too) creamy dill sauce with the typical slices of bread dumplings (Koprova omacka). It was very filling, all in all ok but nothing to write home about. I also had a small bottle of sparkling water and 0.2 l of regional white wine - the waitress just asked if I wanted white wine, and I answered yes plus added quickly that I wanted a dry one - barely before she disappeared and brought the stuff. Very rushed. And the wine was not really good. The check was 179 CZK, not even 8 Euro - a steal.

Radnicni Sklipek

by german_eagle Written Jun 1, 2013

This restaurant right on the main square Mirove namesti has a very nice terrace in front and half under the arcades. The restaurant room is downstairs in the vaulted medieval cellars. This is also where the entrance to the tourist site "medieval cellars" is - ask the staff for admission.

I had very good lunch there. Appetizer was goose liver wrapped in bacon on dark and white bread (yummy!), main course was pappardelle with tomatoes, parmigiano and something I cannot remember - but it was delicious! I had a glass of tasty, light white wine from Roudnice (regional) with the meal. Price was 304 CZK, ok but not exactly inexpensive for lunch in the Czech Republic.

Service was very good and friendly.

• Enzyme_X's Profile Photo

Pivnica Kalich: The local pub in Litomerice

by Enzyme_X Written Nov 16, 2004

It was sunday afternoon and we were hungry. Almost everything was closed. Luckily we found this pub. We were the only ones there and were kind of sceptic about the place. But the scepticism vanished when the first dishes arrived. It was excellent.

BTW: check the toillets ;-).

Favorite Dish: I still dream of that garlic soup.

Instant Answers: Litomerice

Comments

Litomerice Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Litomerice restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Litomerice sightseeing.