Jihlava Travel Guide

• Things to Do

Jihlava Things to Do

• swetluska's Profile Photo

by swetluska Written Aug 25, 2010

Very small but very nice! Seems so natural....

Opened:

Adults 80,- CZK
    Kids 3 - 15 years 40,- CZK

• Zoo

by lehmus Updated Jul 6, 2006

It was quite windy up the tower of the St Jacob's Church. I am so obsessed with observation towers of any kinds. I love them even though I hit the low timber above the staircase with my head :) Be careful.
    Sorry but I have no pictures save the entrance ticket with valuable info. My camera is too lame. I promise I get the photos next time.

by lehmus Written Jul 5, 2006

If you know Brno's zoo, you will be soooo positively surprised in Jihlava. Their zoo is embedded in nature and gives a very natural feel. Also, the inhabitants are different, you will see flamingos, monkeys, red kangaroos, ponys, felidae, tortoises, hippos, bears, babirusas, pelicans, and many others which are not in Brno at all. The plan of the zoo says there are penguins, too, but we didn't find those. They probably emigrate for summer :)

zoo's main entrance otter sumatran tiger red kangaroo babirusa

Jihlava Hotels

Jihlava Restaurants

• swetluska's Profile Photo

by swetluska Written Aug 25, 2010

Well.... according to my experience, when being hungry, its better to eat somewhere else then in Jihlava. If it has to be in the town, then the best possibility is probably Mc Donald.

We were in Jihlava in Sunday and wanted some place for lunch. Good place to search seemed to be the main square. Hm. Almost all restaurants were CLOSED (it was 12:00). Then we found one called Bohemia which looked really promising - firstly, it was opened, then the interior was quite fine and thay even had a chairs for small babies, which was nice surprise. BUT. Despite the fact there were almost no guests there, we waited for out meals one and half hour (if not having kids, already sleeping in coaches, we would probably left). When at last thay brought the lunch, we got only main meal without the side-dishes and we waited for them another 10 minutes so the meal was already cold. Mine was tasty and so were meals of our friends, but Jirka had a steak and was pretty dissapointed.

I am sure we are not going to try any other restaurants there! Just for the sake....

by lehmus Written Jul 5, 2006

We were seeking a place to have our lunch in the open air, hence cruised all the square a couple of times until we landed here. It took a hell of a time before they brought us our food but it was too good! And they serve my favorite ginger ale flavored tonic! But no Kofola.

Favorite Dish: Lasagne with salmon and broccoli, risotto with chicken

• Jihlava Hotels

2 Hotels in Jihlava

Jihlava Local Customs

• Astralka's Profile Photo

by Astralka Updated Aug 3, 2004

Every victory has to be celebrated.. No surprise that you find many pubs in the town. Apart from the usual Czech Beers (Pilsner, Budweiser, Gambrinus, Radegast, Staropramen, Starobrno, Cerna hora etc.) they serve also the local Jihlavsky Jezek beer (Jihlava's Hedge-hog). Try it, you will not regret, though you will probably switch back to Gambrinus )

By the way, Jihlava is on the line between Bohemia and Moravia. Part of the town inhabitants claim that they are the Czechs and the rest consider themselves to be Moravians. It does not make a big difference, but they make jokes about.. Because of the typical accent in speech, I like how the Jihlava people are talking, it is almost a 'singing' and I really love to listen to this melody. As my nationality is Slovak, it is a different language as well.

Jezek beer tag

Instant Answers: Jihlava

Comments

Jihlava Travel Guide
Map of Jihlava