Rudkøbing Travel Guide

• 4) Only Thursdays & Fridays are the wedding days.
    4) Only Thursdays & Fridays are the...
    by kharmencita
  • From our Hotel Terrace, Main Hotel at rear view.
    From our Hotel Terrace, Main Hotel at...
  • Hotels

Rudkøbing Things to Do

• kharmencita's Profile Photo

by kharmencita Updated Oct 22, 2012

When I said "I do".
    For once in my Life…this is the most special Thing I did in Denmark ;-)
    Denmark is well-known for its less bureaucratic ways of conducting Wedding ceremonies.

Although this story I will tell might be of less interests to some but maybe for those who dreamed about putting marriage and holiday together as one can be of great interest or just an eye opener for others.;-).
    In my opinion an adventurous and advantageous thing to do!
    First of all I came to know my husband in the year 2007. He lives in a place in Germany one hour by car away from my place.. At first it was just like acquaintances then later part our communications became more intensive. In the year 2010 on Valentine’s Day we became a pair and agreed to live in one place together. I found out that we have almost the same interests and that we both can laugh and cry together depending on appropriate situations, we decided to take our vows for marriage. But, I put him under condition not to marry locally in our town because I find it all boring. In reality I hate all these turbulences of lots of audiences in marriage preparations. I hate stress and nervousness bec. my work is stressful enough. All I want is peace and silent. Besides I like it very simple but unforgettable. The fact that I do love to travel i told him i only like to get married in a traditional "Ho`ao" in Hawaii with all its traditional ceremonies along the beach. I must not spend thousands for expensive dress because there i can wear only two pieces of stuffs with flowers leis as if i am ready to go swimming after that. The Man with just coconut leaves on. Very natural.- indeed. (Although my partner will look more like a Buddha in Hawaii Costume ..LOL) That is something special and unique for me. On the other hand, I can save my money expenses for the next Holidays ;-)
    Second choice in Las Vegas with all these Casino lightings and American way of lifestyle. Part of my Family who live there can attend wit less transportation expences. The Marriage ceremony there is fast and quick procedure and the rest of the days I can concentrate on the Holidays or Honeymoon.
    Finally, we decided spontaneously to take the cheapest, nearest alternative. To make it here in Denmark. First, I never have been there yet, secondly I heard they have beautiful nature surrounded by water. Thirdly, i disliked to be absent for too long from my work in the Hospital so we decided to travel in my free week. I wanted the ceremony to be solemn, simple and practical. We didn´t invite anyone. Just the two of us. Witnesses were provided from them. It was not complicated to prepare the required papers. We needed Birth Certificate, a Certificate of Registration as a resident ( Residence Permit), Eligibility to get Married and if one is divorced then Evidence of Divorcement or dissolution Papers. We paid 75 Euro for it. Within two weeks’ time we have had the agreed schedule. They do So that´s it. My wedding was very simple but memorable and unforgettable.

*********U******U*********U*******U******U******

1) The right place for Honeymoon. 2)i created and sewed my own dress. From our Hotel Terrace, Main Hotel at rear view. 3) 7 pairs from diff. Nations married this day. 4) Only Thursdays & Fridays are the wedding days.
    • Photography
    • Hiking and Walking

Instant Answers: Rudkøbing

Comments

Rudkøbing Travel Guide
Map of Rudkøbing