Club Mambo/Sabor Latino, Copenhagen

Vester Voldgade 85, København V 33 11 97 66

Know about this? Rate It!

Club Mambo/Sabor Latino.
    by cachaseiro
    off to salsa the night away
    by lilbunnygirl
  • lilbunnygirl's Profile Photo

Sabor Latino: Denmark's got that Latin Rhythm

by lilbunnygirl Written Jun 12, 2004

off to salsa the night away

Sabor Latino offers a free Salsa lesson at 2200 each night, thursday through sunday, so I had coerced my husband into taking me, since he has never been and I have only been a few times.

We got all dressed up, had a moment's hesitation when it suddenly struck us that "Duh! The lesson is going to be in Danish!" but we figured we might as well give it our best shot.

We walked the short distance to Sabor Latino, which is a very authentic Salsa club run by a Cuban family. The lesson was meant to start at 2200, but it was about 30 minutes later when the man we like to call Señor Salsa took the floor. Along with us and a herd of Danes wanting to learn to Salsa too. It was packed!

I think, considering the fact that we understood not one word the man said, except 'humpity humpity humpity' while demonstrating some Lambada style moves, we did exceptionally well. Though I did manage to pick up new vocabulary words, the Danish for right, left, and pause.

We ended up having a blast! We danced and laughed until we thought our feet would drop off. Sadly that was only just midnight! We are old. We tottered back up the street to our hotel and collapsed.

Dress Code: Very casual place. The clothing ranged from suits and dresses to track suits.

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo

Club Mambo/Sabor Latino: Best salsa place in Copenhagen.

by cachaseiro Updated Sep 5, 2012

Club Mambo/Sabor Latino.

Sabor latino is the place to go if you like salsa.
    They have salsa lessons too if you wanna learn how to dance salsa.
    The place has a good mix of latin people living in Denmark and danes who like latin music and dance.
    It stays open late during weekends and usually have a very lively atmosphere.

Dress Code: Very casual.