Dubliner, Copenhagen

Amagertorv 5, København K 33 32 22 26

Know about this? Rate It!

• ratherton's Profile Photo

The Dubliner

by ratherton Updated Apr 4, 2011

Typical Irish bar that you will find in almost every city in the world. Pretty standard stuff on offer beer, guiness and a pub food is on the menu. They also show English football matches. I was in here on New Years Eve of 2000/2001 and it was superb.

• Various - but the Dubliner was fun!: Nightlife in Copenhagen

by Mariajoy Updated Mar 27, 2007

Not the Dubliner

Only having two nights in Copenhagen - one of them a VT meeting, meant we didn't have an awful lot of time for checking out the nightlife but on our last night we were lured by the music into The Dubliner, a European chain Irish bar (obviously!) in Kobmergade where they have live music every night (and it's good!) and very cheeky barmen! As well as tourists, it is also frequented by friendly locals too which must mean it's good!! Check it out and don't be put off by thinking its just another cheesy Irish pub in Europe - it is, but it's worth a visit!

Dress Code: Anything.

• sigthor_egle's Profile Photo

Dubliner: Irish bar, if you feel lonely

by sigthor_egle Updated Mar 24, 2007

Like most Irish bars you will definetly get into hot debate if you choose to sit at the bar table, so if you are traveling alone and have need for conversation you go there, and if nobody talks to you, you can count on the bartender.
    But you can also watch all main sporting events on widescreen and when weather is good you can always have a seat outside and do some human behaviour research.
    After dark you can listen to life music but like in most pubs in denmark they are not always worth listening too, but at Dubliners you can count on meeting everything but danish people. So after hard tourist day this might just be the place to unwind.
    Overall the bar is good, even the overpriced irish stew, but like most bars on stroget it´s rather expensive, the beer is about 48 DKK but if you are Irish or a regular you can say that you are "Happy" and then you get it for 33 DKK.

Dress Code: Don't be naked :)

• legjoints's Profile Photo

Dubliner: A place to avoid

by legjoints Updated Feb 27, 2007

A stone-faceed doorman forced me to take my coat off and then charged me 10 kronas. I should have refused and got out of there while I had the chance but I made the mistake of staying for a pint. There was some really naf covers band playing, the place was packed full of drunken lads on the pull, Essex girls, or the Copenhagen equivalent... If you're a lad who would like to meet women who put on their makeup with a shovel then this is the place for you, or if you're one of those women, but anyone else should steer clear. There are plenty of places to go in Copenhagen, you don't have to resort to this.

Dress Code: No coats. They take them off you, as I've said. Under your coat you should make sure your clothes have clearly visible labels.

• Beer Tasting
    • Music

• Dubliner: Always a great night out

by ld0711 Written Nov 11, 2006

You will always get a great night in the Dubliner. They also serve food so on a rainy day you can stay there all day! Brilliant place to meet people. Met my fiance there and still together after 9 years :)

Dress Code: Jeans

• Singles

• Elibra's Profile Photo

The Dubliner: Dancing on the table?

by Elibra Written Nov 27, 2004
    The DUBLINER

This place is just great!!! They often have live music and the mood is top! You will find people dancing on the tables and many will sing along. They play much music that is familiar to almost everyone. The place tend to be packed late in the weekends. So if you want a table, I strongly recomand you to be there early! I think they close around 05.00 in the weekends. Well worth a visit if you like this kind of places!

Dress Code: No special dress code, just your regular party-clotes! :)

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

Irish Pub - The Dubliner

by HORSCHECK Written Apr 19, 2004

Irish Pub

Irish Pubs are perfect places to enjoy a pint of beer and to meet other travellers or VT members in a cosy atmosphere. The biggest of Copenhagen's Irish Pubs is called "The Dubliner" and it is located just in the middle of the pedestrian zone at Amagertorv. The pub has most major sporting events on big TV screens.

• Trains

• Dubliner: A constant in the nightlife rotation

by KatiesTravels Written Jul 7, 2003
    Duri's 25th B-Day (yes.. we made him celebrate!)

As found in many cities across the globe, the Dubliner is a staple. This Irish-pub is always packed everynight and includes some Danish dude singing some pretty unique, but frightening renditions of classics, such as "Sunday Bloody Sunday." I picked up dart-playing though, so thats a plus!

• LysDor's Profile Photo

Irish PubLocated just right...

by LysDor Written Sep 12, 2002

Irish Pub

Located just right in the main shopping street. It can't be missed!!

A place to start the evening and to end it.

• cvsolfari's Profile Photo

There are many great places to...

by cvsolfari Written Aug 26, 2002

There are many great places to go and I was taken to one particular one by a New Zealander that I met there but can't remember the name of the place for the life of me.

Anyway, there's a certain Irish pub that is an excellent place to watch English football on a big screen, listen to a live band every night of the week and have a Tuborg beer!

Visit my site at Solfari.com to see where I recommend.

• GirlUpNorth's Profile Photo

Dubliner: Chill out and relax

by GirlUpNorth Written Oct 21, 2009

Nice and relaxed Irish pub - what more could you ask.

Dress Code: No dress code, come as you are, dressed as you are.

• Main Street: Pubs

by Sab2311 Written Jun 2, 2005

On the main steet of Copenhagen, there are plenty of bars... I personnaly loved the english bar Victoria and of course the Irish pub the Dubliner

Dress Code: ahahahha

• The Dubliner: Guinness Nights

by paulmacn Written Sep 29, 2002

Good Irish pub with live music and dancing on the tables. Good location too right on the Stroget pedestrian shopping street.

Dress Code: Casual

• cvsolfari's Profile Photo

Dubliner Copenhagen: Dubliner Copenhagen

by cvsolfari Written Aug 26, 2002

Great live music and location. There are friendly people here as well as English football matches on the big screen. Simply a perfect pub!

Dress Code: Casual

Instant Answers: Copenhagen

• May 30, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Last weekend unfortunately we ended up here because my partner & I were so disgusted with the local KFC which was filthy, expensive and greasy - and MacDonalds didn't appeal either. All DK restaurants were way too expensive for our budget. And she wanted a Brit-style meal for supper. So we ended up at The Dubliner.

Damned football was blaring out of the t.v. screens and conversation was impossible. We chose a quietish corner in the front window. it was raining.

We ordered a Steak & Ale Pie for her with added chips at great expense = 120 kr or £12 (ouch); and I ordered an Irish Stew = 100 kr or £10. The waitress said mine came with bread - I asked Irish soda bread? - she hadn't a clue what I was talking about - she said it was ordinary white bread. She was also disappointed that we didn't order drinks but just tap water - but at 60 kr a pint of straw coloured lager pi$$ I don't think so. The tap water came with lemon slices - at least it was free.

When the meals arrived the Steak & Ale Pie came with no veg. - just a bowl of stewed beef. It tasted foul of strange herbs we didn't recognise. Maybe it was horse-meat? The Irish Stew was a liquid mush of over-cooked bits of vegs, VERY small slivers of lamb, and great lumps of fat. And it came with brown nutty bread. THESE WERE THE WORST IRISH MEALS WE HAVE HAD EVER. And we visit Ireland frequently for the set dancing.

My partner decided she wasn't even going to try and eat the stew. But she did eat the chips (which was a small portion).

I waded through my mush and extracted all the lumps of fat - 1/3 of the bowl.

When we came to pay my partner didn't want to make a fuss. But I did. I asked the waitress if I could see the manager. She came back and said that he was too busy. I said that he had 5 minutes to come over or we were walking out without paying. A young Irish guy arrived within minutes saying he was the manager. I complained about my mush and fat and he said that Irish Stew was always like that and that the fat added to the flavour. I said buzzcocks (or words to that effect). Anyway he got quite nasty and threatening when I said that I wasn't paying for lumps of fat. It was a stand-off. Eventually he said I would have to pay the full amount (120 kr = £12) but could have a pint of beer on the house. I asked how much that would have been worth - he said 60 kr = £6). I agreed - but instead of a beer I was served a pint of Carlsberg (straw coloured liquid I wouldn't even think or ordering).

We left still hungry and ended up at MacDonalds.

Never again will we eat in a pseudo-Irish pub overseas.

• kiwi's Profile Photo
      May 30, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Would be great if you would write a restaurant review rather than post your experience here as a comment. Let's know if you need help doing that :-)