Rosie McGee's, Copenhagen

Vesterbrogade 2A, København V 70 333 111

Know about this? Rate It!

• Rosie McGee's
    by grayfo
    Rosie McGees
    by ratherton
  • Rosie McGee's
    by orlikins
  • TNPETER3's Profile Photo

Rosie McGee: Fun Rosie Fun!

by TNPETER3 Written Jun 20, 2004

Rosie McGee is a fun bar. I went there on my first night in Copenhagen, which was a Friday. and I had a blast. The bar was packed with people who all seemed to have the same things on their minds. Beer, music, beer dancing, beer women/men and a little more beer.
    I met Swedes, Brits, Aussies. and some Irish so it's safe to say that it is a popular tourist bar but I did run into some Danes as well so Rosie McGee must be on everyone's to do list!
    Main floor had live music early on in the evening and then it was pretty much just drinking in the pub. Upstairs was the DJ/dance floor with plenty of "talent" shakin their thang.
    Coatcheck is on the lower level.

Dress Code: It's a casual atmosphere at Rosie's so jeans are allowed and there were a few suits in the crowd.
    The only code I noticed was that running shoes were not allowed.

• grayfo's Profile Photo

Rosie McGee's: Rocking at Rosie's

by grayfo Updated Jul 12, 2013

American-style nightclub with 2 dance floors and 4 bars that caters for the young, has a simple restaurant on-site, serving mostly Tex-Mex - the Americanised version of Mexican cuisine.

The bars and restaurant open nightly from noon.

email rosiemcgees@dahl-dk.com

Monday and Tuesday: 11.00 pm to 3.00 am
    Wednesday and Thursday: 11.00 pm to 4.00 am
    Friday: 11.00 pm to 5.00 am
    Saturday: 11.00 pm to 6.00 am

• Singles

• Rosie McGee's: Avoid unless you like buying women

by 123john123 Written Mar 23, 2008

I was in Rosies last night. i am irish and can say i travel a lot and am experienced on the night life scene. this place was very dodgy, i couldnt get drunk as it was full of pimps and prostitutes. Women were very good looking but they came up to me on the dancefloor way too fast and i could see their pimps staring at me. i left very quickly as am not into the risk. It reminded me of Help in Rio de janeiro. If you dont believe me i asked alot of Danish people afterwards and doormen of decent irish bars and all confirmed the reputation of this hole. Even outside there were alot of shady guys hanging around being occasionally chased off by the doormen. Im annoyed and the poor comments by others left on this page. take my word for it, avoid.

Dress Code: Anythings goes as long as you have money.

• Zoo

• orlikins's Profile Photo

The expat pubs

by orlikins Updated Jan 28, 2003

The Scottish Pub, Rosie Magees - Hans Christian Andersen Boulevard, on Radhusplads

The Dubliner - Strøget

The Shamrock

Dress Code: Smart casual seems ok

Very very very expensive beer :( i think i paid 45 DKr for a pint of Carlsberg in the Scottish pub.

• MrPOE's Profile Photo

Since clubs tend to close and...

by MrPOE Written Aug 26, 2002

Since clubs tend to close and re-open all the times, there are two places you can count on ... 'The Baron & the Baroness' and 'Rosie McGee'.
    B&B - The interiour is like an English castle. Pretty crowded during weekends.
    Rosie - The restaurant (mexican style kitchen) part was designed by Terence Conran.

• Rosie McGee's: Entrance scammers!

by richardy Updated Jan 4, 2014

Avoid this place!

Or at least: 1. ask about the entrance fee before you pay and 2. demand a reciept.

I went there late night on New Years Eve and I paid for me and my friend with my credit card. The entrance hostess debited my card 500 DKK (250 DKK each). I thought it was expensive but since New Years Eve is more expensive generally I accepted and got two tickets and nothing more.

Five minutes later I found out the entrance fee was 180 DKK so I confronted her. Of course she denied scamming me and instead asked for that very reciept she never gave me. She claimed she had given me the change (140 DKK) in cash (!), which is B*LLSH*T!! She gave me no cash and no receipt! Her scamming plan worked perfectly!

Also: Somewhere behind me my other friend had to pay 300 DKK instead of 180 DKK. The nerve!

It's so obvious the entrance staff is taking advantage of and scam (what they think is) unaware, drunk tourists. They have put this in system!

• Study Abroad
    • Work Abroad
    • School Holidays

• daveland's Profile Photo

Rosie McGees: Good mixed crowd of tourists and locals alike

by daveland Written Jul 11, 2004

For what it is, a bar with a dance floor (that adds a second level of dancing on weekends), it's not bad. Centrally located on the main strip between central station and town sqaure, diagonally across from Tivoli, it gets a good mix of locals and tourists. Friendly bartenders, plenty of beer on tap, and plenty of good looking women :) Prices are not cheap, about $7US for a beer, but is about typical of a mid-range bar in Copenhagen. Entry fee on the weekend applies.

• Singles

• CaliforniaLance's Profile Photo

Rosie Magee's: Pre-party before the clubs!!

by CaliforniaLance Updated Apr 4, 2011

Awesome, 2-story club with a retractable roof. # bars, a shot bar, great dancing until 5 in the morning...see my profile for more:)

Dress Code: Dress is from sneakers (with nice jeans and a club top) to mostly button up shirts with dress shoes, up to suits and ties...all modern Scandivian style.

• ratherton's Profile Photo

Food, drink and nightlife: Rosie McGees

by ratherton Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Rosie McGees

I've been to Rosies a few times. They do reasonably good food (American, Mexican etc)or you can just stop for drinks. Upstairs is a nightclub where you can dance/drink the night away.

• Beer Tasting