Know about this? Rate It!
Frederiksborg Castle is located in the middle of Hillerod and contains the national history museum. Lovely 1 day trip from Copenhagen. The history of Frederiksborg Castle starts ine the 16th century when King Frederik II converted this manor into a hunting state and helped the village of Hillerod to grow.
- Historical Travel
- Castles and Palaces
Frederiksborg Castle in Hilleröd
When in Copenhagen do not miss to visit the surroundings as for example the impressive Frederiksborg Castle in Hilleröd. It is in a lake and surrounded by a great park. It is easily reached by frequent convenient commuter trains (S-tog) from Copenhagen.
This is a picture of...
This is a picture of Amalienborg, the present residence of the Danish Royal Family. This French style palace is composed of four simetrical pavillions disposed in an octogonal way close to the harbour. From the square there is also a beautiful view of the Marble Church.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Copenhagen Travel Guide
Explore the World
- La Chorrera Hotels
- Myrtle Springs Hotels
- Matagorda Island Hotels
- Christchurch Hotels
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path