Know about this? Rate It!
The Royal Cast Collection
Den Kongelige Afst?bningssamling
More than 4000 years of the history through 2000 plaster casts of the most exquisite masterpieces of Western culture. They are made in all sizes from temple walls to ivory miniatures. The oldest ones are from Egypt from c. 2500 B.C.. Emphasis is on Greek and Roman sculpture, but also the Middle Ages and the renaissance is represented.
Toldbodgade 40, 1253 Copenhagen
Monsieur Toussaud - go down to the basement!
This museum of Toussauds is not the best one (there are better ones in London or Amsterdam). I didn´t like very much the figures, a lot of them didn´t seem to me very similar to their originals.
But the basement is a great horror show, we´ve had a lot of fun (and fear).
- Museum Visits
The Museum of Erotica -...
The Museum of Erotica - Extraordinary place and an oddity for an English person because of the sexual restrictions of UK law. This museum would probably be banned in England but in Denmark it is perfectly natural and acceptable. Very informative and it has a 'shock room'. Not for the faint hearted. As you enter it has the biggest golden phallus in the world.
The Open-Air Museum. In...
The Open-Air Museum. In Lyngby north of Copenhagen. It is called Frilandsmuseet. There you will see a great variety of replica houses from different parts of Denmark at different periods of time. It is a good place to get out and enjoy outside. If you are interested in architecture then this is a good place. It is also good for kids. We put our daughter in a red wagon and she loved it. There are also some animals around. Many cats at the picnic areas.
You can get the train north to...
You can get the train north to Espergjerde (I think it takes less than an hour) and get to a fantastic museum of modern art - Louisiana. This museum is internationally famous, and there are amazing pices of work here, its really worth the effort. Also the area is really nice so if you just want to get out and see something outside copenhagen, this is a good idea!
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Book online.
- Hotels.com See maps & reviews for over 140,000 Hotels worldwide!
Copenhagen Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Cayuga Lake State Park Hotels
- Niagara-on-the-Lake Hotels
- Likupang Hotels
- Wadduwa Hotels
- Morro Bay
- Border Italy/Switzerland
- Indiana Off The Beaten Path
- Destin Off The Beaten Path
- Hawaii (Big Island) Off The Beaten Path
- Cabo San Lucas Off The Beaten Path
- Chiang Mai Off The Beaten Path
- New Orleans Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Berlin
- Virginia Beach Off The Beaten Path
- Bangalore Off The Beaten Path
- Asheville Off The Beaten Path
- Israel Off The Beaten Path