Know about this? Rate It!
Russian Orthodox church
We've examined Russian Orthodox church only from windows of our car. However we remembered its shape very well. In two weeks after returning home to Moscow we saw a television plot which saw many televiewers all over the world.
Ashes of the Russian empress Maria Fedorovna (she was the Danish princess before she got married tsar Alexander III) returned from Roskilde (she was buried there in 1920th) to Petersburg. The procession stopped near that church which I had found out at once. This church was constructed in the end of the XIX century under Maria Fedorovna's insisting.
- Historical Travel
- Religious Travel
The Russian orthodox church is an eye-catching building near Frederikskirke. It's distinctive onion shaped dome marks it out from the other churches in the city. The church was built in the 19th century for the growing Russian population in Copenhagen.
Russian Orthodox Church
Dedicated to Alexander Nevski, a Russian prince of the 13th (if I am not really wrong - that would be a shame!) century. Unfortunately, the church can be visited only if you make a prior appointment. it was built in year 1883 by the Danish princess Dagmar, who became wife of the Russian Emperor Alexander III.
Russian Orthodox Church
Aleksander Nevskij Kirke
The church was built in 1883 for the Russian Orthodox congregation of Copenhagen by the Danish princess Dagmar - known as Maria Feodorovna, who married Czar Alexander III of Russia by the architect David Ivanovitch Grimm.
Bredgade 53, 1260 Copenhagen
Not really off the beaten path as it is in the city centre and on most maps but the Russian Orthodox church is a nice change for your eyes whilst strolling in this area around Amalienborg.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Copenhagen Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Pulau Tikus Hotels
- Utan Hotels
- High Point State Park Hotels
- Ventura Hotels
- Cameron Highlands
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Toronto Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path