Barock, Copenhagen

Nyhavn 1, København K 33 33 01 51

Entrance and menu boards at Barock
    Brunch at Barock
    by SWFC_Fan
    Coffee and orange juice at Barock
  • SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo

Barock: Brunch at Nyhavn

by SWFC_Fan Written Sep 2, 2007

Barock, Nyhavn

I visited Barock for brunch on my final day in Copenhagen during a visit to the city in August 2007.

Barock is located at the end of Nyhavn, close to the square of Kongens Nytorv and next to the departure point for the many boat trips that leave from Nyhavn.

I had strolled up and down picturesque Nyhavn (the lovely “new” harbour, lined with colourful waterside restaurants and swamped with tourists) numerous times during my stay in Copenhagen, but had never considered eating in any of the restaurants there. I knew that the prices would be higher than they would be away from the waterfront.

However, on my final morning in the city, with a few hours to kill and my excess Danish Kroners burning a hole in my pocket, I decided I’d treat myself to a nice breakfast.

It was a quiet, sunny Monday morning and many of the restaurants on Nyhavn were empty (a complete contrast to how they had been over the weekend). I spotted a menu offering “Brunch” and sat down at one of Barock’s outdoor tables.

The following breakfast options were available between 8am and 11am:

Eggs and bacon – 49 Kr
    Mini Brunch – 69 Kr
    Brunch – 99 Kr

Favorite Dish: I splashed out and ordered the 99 Kr (approx. 10 GBP) Brunch. This consisted of scrambled eggs, 2 or 3 rashers of bacon, a small sausage, a slice of wholemeal toast, marmalade, ham, cheese, a hash brown, salad and a slice of melon. It also included a cup of coffee or tea (I opted for coffee: a fairly large cup with milk and sugar) and a glass of fresh orange juice.

It was very tasty, but the portion was fairly small given the price. The Mini Brunch, at 69 Kr, doesn’t include eggs, bacon or sausage.

The service was friendly and efficient.

A nice brunch at beautiful Nyhavn!

• Belsaita's Profile Photo

Barock: Pleasant atmosphere

by Belsaita Written Jul 10, 2006

Barock

Stylish, nice and quiet restaurant situated in Nyhavn 1, Kings New Square. As it name suggest, the place is furnished with Baroque style furniture, with soft classical music playing through the loudspeaker. Is located in a very touristy area, but the customers were 50% locals, 50% tourists when I had dinner there. The day was unusually hot so all Nyhavn area was crowded, but most people preferred to sit on the outside tables (I'm used to hot and sun, so I really preferred to sit inside!). This place catch my attention as had a fixed menu for about 200 DKK, two courses and dessert. This would be probably too expensive for a regular dinner... but it was a business trip and this figure was according my allowed expenses.

Favorite Dish: I later learnt that the place is said to serve the best white wine steamed mussels in town. I cannot say about this, but I had a nice salad with cheese, veal with veggies stew as main course (excellent and tasty) and a wonderful dessert of chocolate and cream. I would not mind to repeat.

• Business Travel

• Tasia's Profile Photo

Barock: Cozy atmosphere

by Tasia Written Nov 18, 2004

tasja with some friends

Nice place to have some food in the evening.Since this restaurant is situated on Nyhavn,so i can say it's more like for tourists,but anyway u can feel cozy and nice surrounding.Often in some of bars there life music in the evenings

Favorite Dish: i can't say what i liked there most of all, coz it was quite usual food:)

• Work Abroad

Instant Answers: Copenhagen

Comments

Hotels Near Barock
4.5 out of 5 stars