Det Lille Apotek, Copenhagen

by Djinn76
    by Fen
    by lmkluque
  • lmkluque's Profile Photo

Det Lille Apotek: Out of a Page of Dickens!

by lmkluque Updated Nov 1, 2013

This was the first restaurant I went to in Danmark. Going there was the choice of my friend who lives near. I think this restaurant dates from the early 1700's and at one time was an old haunt for writers and artists.

I was surprised as we descended down a rough and narrow staircase, the journey below was rather dark, so be careful and watch your step. It was a place right out of Dickens, much larger than it looked from the outside but charming anyway. Expect it to be busy,warm and cozy, good service and better food and wine. Reservations is important to have for this place.

• dont worse it!

by ayjen Written Jun 7, 2011

we even did not get in and it was totaly empty inside and outside
    do yu have a reservation? no, than not she said!
    couldnt understand it after such a lovely saturday in Copenhagen, she was rude as well.
    gues does not wanted to "serve a foreign woman accompained with a danish looking man!

what a pity and shame!

• det lille apotek: was not worse it!

by ayjen Written Jun 7, 2011

we were there on a saturday night or let me say, tried to get in after such a lovely day in Copenhag
    we came there inside it was empty , three tables of people outside was also empty
    and they said do you have a rezervation and if not, its not possible.
    and she was realy rude when we asked just for two people...and we're looking forward to eat danish-food...and she only said no...maybe somewhere else.
    I think she doesn'T wanted to serve a "foreign woman and a danish-looking man".
    this was my feeling when I saw her how she attended.

so not worse it!

• Det Lille Apotek: DON'T GO THERE!!

by Atty20Yrs Written Sep 15, 2010

Our wonderful tour guide recommended this place. We ordered a herring meal but it was just three kinds of herring with no other items except little brown bread, which was more like an appetizer rather than a meal. No problem, we simply asked the waiter for a slice of cheese. To make a long story short, he said although they served cheese, it wasn't possible to have just one slice! I said I would be happy to pay for the cheese so the waiter went and asked the chef. He came back and said we could not buy a slice of cheese so we asked for the manager. She came over with a nasty attitude and said loudly IT WASN'T ALLOWED!!! I was just shocked because I love and respect Danes! They are generally so friendly. I thought she must not understand so I reiterated of course, we would pay for the slice of cheese and she actually started yelling that those were the rules!! Finally, I told her she must NOT be a Dane because Danish people just do not behave so badly at which point she told us to leave and never come back!!! SO we won't go back!!

Favorite Dish: Food was mediocre, but service was horrible making the day so unpleasant!

• Luxury Travel

• Djinn76's Profile Photo

Det Lille Apotek: The traditional restaurant of Copenhague

by Djinn76 Written Jan 1, 2010

I think this is one of the oldest restaurant in the city. This is definitely a quaint old place but it is however much bigger inside than it looks from the outside.

Very friendly staff, unfortunately we arrived quite late (around 9pm) and only had a very limited choice for food. We had a steak cooked on a stone. Very nice but I'll definitely have to come back to explore the remaining options...

Better book your table in advance, it is a pretty popular place!

• Business Travel

• Bjorgvin's Profile Photo

Det Lille Apotek.: Det Lille Apotek

by Bjorgvin Updated Jul 24, 2007

This is the oldest restaurant in the city, more than 200 years old. Formerly a pharmacy, this restaurant used to be the favoured dining and drinking place of many of the renowned Danish poets, such as H. C. Andersen. The management tries to keep the atmosphere from 200 years back, and there is real Danish food on the menu. This is a very popular place and often crowded.

Favorite Dish: Duck in orange sauce.

• QuDee's Profile Photo

Det Lille Apotek: Real Danish lunch

by QuDee Written Apr 16, 2007

Great place to experience the traditional Danish lunch speciality, open sandwiches. Choose one of the different sized platters (priced from DKK 89 to 178 – €12 to 24), for a good selection. Traditionally open sandwiches are eaten on flat rye-bread – which can be an acquired taste. Don’t be afraid to ask the waiter for a more international breadtype – and to guide you through the different dishes and their accessories.
    At dinner the restaurant has an ordinary meat-and-potatoes menu – you can get that anywhere.

• lisahurley's Profile Photo

Det Lille Apotek: Cute old restaurant.

by lisahurley Updated Mar 4, 2003

A view in Str��get.

This restaurant was ver cute and old if not a little claustrophobic! It was a pharmacy (which is how it got its name -- Apotek) in the 1700s. Some say that this is the oldest restaurant in Copenhagen!
    It has great ambience! Well worth a visit.

Favorite Dish: We chose a sampler dish that included a variety of Danish cuisine. It was great, delish! I'm afraid I can't remember what it was called, but I am sure your server can help you find it on the menu.

Instant Answers: Copenhagen

Comments

Hotels Near Det Lille Apotek
3.5 out of 5 stars