Been here? Rate It!
Hereford: Fresh Fresh Fish!
3 times coming here was just great! Love the fresh seafood and steaks.The restaurant is very cozy and the crowd is good, mostly yuppies and young businessmen.Some people dont like it but I do.Service was good. I would definitely come back again for the 4th time.
- Food and Dining
hereford Beefstouw: dont try this restaurant
this is the absolut wurst place i ever been.... we was recomended this restaurant by 2 chefs!!! so we booked a table....
1) which we had to wait for
2) we didnt get the food together
we where 4 people... 1 got it first then 15 min the next 2 got their ,then number 4 got his but it wasnt propper cocked!!!
3) asked nicely for a new one....
4) got a new one...still imposible to chew!!!
5) the others is finnished ages ago so number 4 had eaten the left overs from the other because she now was starving
6) when asked again why...we where told to to not eat it...said in a roude way
7) asked for a discount since number 4 had to get some food another place....said ok we will get some dessert instead...
8) after 30 min still no dessert.....
9) then we got mad!!! said we dint want to pay the whole amount,,,the answere was they wouldnt charge us for the meal we didnt eat!!!!
10) then we got really mad ..after waiting for a booked table for 15 min...no dinner for one person...the promised dessert never arrived.... and "kindly" we shouldnt pay for the 1 meal that wasnt possible to eat.... in the end we didnt pay for the bad food for number 4 and we got number 3 for free
phuuuuu what a night
Favorite Dish: NONE WHAT SO EVER!!!
Hereford Beefstouw: best steaks
The best of the 3 locations in Copenhagen, (also at Vesterbrogade 3 (by Tivoli) , and Øster Farimagsgade 18, (near City Hall and The National Museum)). You will find branches at the airport, and at locations in other major towns in Denmark, but without the “chain-feel”. I have been to 6 different ones, and every place has it’s own atmosphere. Only common feature, is great food, and cooked on a giant grill, and the best saladbar I have seen anywhere in the world! They import Australian beef by ship, allowing it to ripen on the way. Hereford serves homebrewed beer, but has a nice winelist as well – and the housewine is actually perfect with the beef.
If you have room, try their not kid-friendly house dessert: vanilla-icecream topped with caloricpunch, sweet ginger, whipped cream and sprinkled with ground coffee.
Hereford Beefstouw: Across from La Scala and next to Tivoli
This is part of a chain of steak restaurants, where they use beef imported from South America and Australia/New Zealand. Oh by the way they also serve lobster here too!
It is a busy restaurant with a small area at the front of the restaurant facingthe street, with the main seating area looking intowards Tivoli itself.
Things to note - when you sit down, you need to look at the menu and complete the steak card which asks which steak, how you want it cooked, chips or baked potato and which butter you need. (Dont worry each table has pens attached by string for you to complete the order card - oh and the waiter does collect them from you).
Monday to Saturday 11.30 - 15.00 & 17.00 - 22.30
Sunday 17.00 - 22.30
Favorite Dish: steak and chips
A Hereford Beefstouw: Great atmosphere and home-brewed bear!
This is a steak restaurant with a big open grill. The surroundings are favourable for enjoying your meal. You can choose to sit inside in the tastefully furnished restaurant, on the balcony, or outdoors on the terrace with a view over Tivoli (the last option is not recommended during the winter). Big steaks or fish cooked on the open grill are amongst the specialities of the house. Home-brewed organic beer from the brewery next door come together with tempered wines and a humidor with a splendid selection of cigars. There is a good selection of Armagnacs and Cognacs, as well. The atmosphere here is great and I was really satisfied with the service! We got the food almost before we had order. This is a place who tend to get packed, specially in the weekends, so you may want to make a reservation.
The opening hours are:
Mon-Fri; 11:30am-2pm, 5pm-10:30pm
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Copenhagen Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Big Bear Lake Hotels
- Central Province Hotels
- Heceta Beach Hotels
- Permatang Pauh Hotels
- Bitter Springs Hotels
- Broadkill Beach Hotels
- South Korea
- Key West
- Peschiera del Garda
- Ulu Bedok Village Hotels