Mama Rosa, Copenhagen

• mydreamquest's Profile Photo

Mama Rosa: Great place to relax and eat Dinner at night

by mydreamquest Updated Apr 4, 2011

Entrance to Mama Rosa

I found this restaurant while walking about Stroget. It is an Italian/Mexican restaurant. I had Italian both nights. The carpaccio was pretty good and the service was friendly and reliable. For those who don't speak Danish, no worries: they spoke very good English as in most Copenhagen establishments.

The food is good, but the atmosphere is very cozy and on a hot humid summer night, it's fun to sit outside with the rest of Copenhagen. It's dimly lit and the Danish beer (if you're a beer drinker) was superb.

Favorite Dish: For the appetizer, I really enjoyed the Carpaccio. If you don't like raw beef, this may not suit you. In that case, the individual pizza dishes are very good too.

On a Friday night at around 8pm, reservations were not needed. The service is slow by American standards, but prompt by European standards. Besides, what's the rush?

• Mama Rosa: Good location and not much else

by simonhall Updated Aug 31, 2007

The restaurant is in a great location, right in the main thoroughfare of Copenhagen. My friend and I sat outside just near the entrance of the restaurant. We enjoyed soaking in the vibrant atmosphere and watching the other tourist and locals walk by.

Favorite Dish: I have read other reviews raving about how good the food is at Mama Rosa's and I must say I cannot agree. I thought the food was quite ordinary, as was the service. I thought the waiters were very disorganised. I ordered the spicy buffalo wings for starters, which were cold when I got them, so they took them away and they reheated the wings in the microwave, so when the food was returned to the table it steamed and rubbery, it was inedible. I had the beef fajita for maines, which was also very average. I would not recommend this restaurant at all, I love Mexican food, but this Mama Rosa's is not of a very high standard.

• Mama Rosa: Mama Rosa - Fajita Heaven

by elko72 Written Apr 25, 2006

Came upon this restaurant just strolling around the Main thouroughfare of Copenhagen.
    Had seen it recommended in a tourist guide.

Friendly staff, nice atmosphere - ate here on 2 occassions, didnt have booking either time, but they fitted us in.

Favorite Dish: Favourite Starter was the Quesdillas - just nmouth watering delicious.
    Have tried to recreatethem myself at home, but nobody does them quote like Mama Rosa.

The buffalo chicken wings where really good too, spicy barbecue sauce was just devine.

Favourite Main Course - Chicken Fajitas - absoultely gorgeous - chicken so tender and spicy.

Found a lovely wine called Santa Christina Sauvignon Blanc, shared a bottle of this on both occassions they we where in this restaurant.

I always judge a Mexican Restaurant on it Fajits and I have to say Mama Rosa certainly passed the test.

Servings where quite generous, but not too much that you felt overwhelmed by the amount of food in front of you, I personally find that quite off putting as I start to worry that I wont eat enough of my meal and I will insult the chef.

• LysDor's Profile Photo

Restaurant Mama RosaA cosy...

by LysDor Written Sep 12, 2002

Restaurant Mama Rosa

A cosy tex-mex restaurant near the shopping street.

The young waiter was very sweet but a little worried as we ordered 'fajitas'.

He came to us and politely asked if we new what we were about to order?

To his astonishement we told him that we have been to Mexico and knew very well how to eat it, lol!

Restaurant Kong Kursen

I didn't have time to test this restaurant but only the name made me feel that I should next time as this is the time where everything seems to slip through fingers and die!

What are Danes known for?

Danish open sandwitches and

danish pastries,

a MUST TRY for lunch

and afternoon coffee/tea!!

• sugar_ray21's Profile Photo

MAMA ROSA'S. Mexican...

by sugar_ray21 Written Aug 26, 2002

MAMA ROSA'S. Mexican restaurant
    mexican style restaurant with very unique mexican musique..

Favorite Dish: You must try first the marguerita strawberry..i never had any better marguerita in my life. after there are a lot of meals such as italian and mexican. my favourite was the chicken fajitas.

• Fen's Profile Photo

Mama Rosa: Mama Rosa Super Mexcian Restaurant

by Fen Updated Apr 3, 2007

Really busy and friendly Mexican restaurant in Copenhagen that I went too. Good service and very nice food.

Instant Answers: Copenhagen

Comments

Hotels Near Mama Rosa
4.5 out of 5 stars