Souvenirs, Copenhagen

Know about this? Rate It!

Danish Troll
    by briantravelman
    7Eleven for cheap coffee!
    by mindcrime
    tshirts
    by mindcrime
  • Hans Christian Andersen Copenhagen: Unusual souvenir shop

by SvetlanaTraveler Written Apr 21, 2015

The shop is situated in Nyhavn ( as I understood the most visited street in Copenhagen)- great location and great concept of the shop. I was pleasently surprised that I fount a place where souvenirs don't look kitschy- managed to buy simple souvenirs and and something special ( danish design). Staff was very helpful in choosing items in my price range while taking into account the wishes i had ( wanted something that was actually made in Denmark).

What to buy: Souvenirs, danish design items, christmas decorations and other

What to pay: It depends to what you are looking for - from my exprience I managed to buy 3 magnets for 100 dkk and a Hoptimist figure for 129 dkk.

• briantravelman's Profile Photo

Airport Souvenir Shops: Cheap Souvenirs

by briantravelman Written Dec 13, 2013

I don't know about the actual city, but you can get some really cheap souveniers at the airport. I only paid 40 Kroners, for a troll. I didn't know this until I got home, but it turns out that's only about $7. If I would've known that, I would've bought more stuff. Airport souveniers are usually the most expensive, so I was surprised that they were so cheap. Take advantage of this, and buy your souveniers at the airport.

What to buy: Danish trinkets

What to pay: $7 and up

Danish Troll

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

Souvenirs: shopping in Copenhagen

by mindcrime Written Mar 12, 2012

Copenhagen is an expensive city so if you wont really go cheap if you are into famous stores, top clothes brands, jewelry and places like Royal Copenhagen Porcelain Factory can be found at the north part of Stroget, close to Kongens Nytorv. All over the city we saw some amazing stores with extravagant items for home but most of them were out of our budget :( At Kompagnistraede we saw lots of stores with antiques.

Closer to the town hall you will see a lot of souvenir shops where you can get typical but cheap magnets/tshirts etc
    Next to Little Mermaid we saw a kiosk where a lady was selling hundreds little statues of Little Mermaid.
    A big souvenir store with good prices is located near marble church.

Eating at restaurants is also expensive in Copenhagen but there are a lot of fast food options close to the train station and around Stroget.
    You can also save some euro if you shop from big market stores, for example we bought a French baquete from FOTEX for 10DKK but LIDL (at Vesterbrogade) was daily busy with tourists from the near by hotels and hostels.

We also bought cheap coffee on the go from kiosks (15-20DKK) but also at numerous 7ELEVEN stores (they were everywhere, at the train station too) where the tasty coffee or chocolate was at 22DKK.

tshirts little mermaid replicas 7Eleven for cheap coffee!

• mickeyboy07's Profile Photo

Danish Souvenir: Something for mum?

by mickeyboy07 Written Oct 16, 2011

A typical Souvenir shop located in the Stroget shopping district selling anything from fridge magnets,mugs,tea towels,flags,badges,caps and jewellery.Reasonable prices(depending on what the item is)nice displays and friendly staff.

What to buy: Souvenirs

What to pay: depends on item but reasonably cheap

• sourbugger's Profile Photo

Souvenirs: I assemble, play well

by sourbugger Written Jan 15, 2008

One of Denmark's more famous exports is billions and billions of little bricks that have clogged up domestic appliances and younger siblings throats in virtually every country in the world.

I've heard Denamrk been referred to as a 'Bacon and eggs' economy, but this company has been going strong since 1932.

The product itself is made in Billund, which is virtually a company town, but many places sell the stuff in copenhagen and there is even a dedicated shop at the airport.

Many believe the word 'lego' has a latin origin, but in fact takes letters from two Danish words meaning 'play well'.

Happy building.

• sourbugger's Profile Photo

Calsberg visitor's centre: A wooden crate for beer lovers

by sourbugger Written Dec 18, 2007

Many many item emblazoned with the word Carlsberg on.

What to buy: I find it quite amazing sometimes how items that were originally ‘free’ accrue quite a bit of value over time. Film posters are a good example. An original ‘Casablanca’ film poster that would adorn the outside of the local Odeon would now go for up to two thousand pounds or so. So, how does an original beer crate from the 60’s or 70’s sound. I thought they were quite good value at 150 Kr (about 15 pounds / 25 dollars / euros). What more could a beer lover's desire ? – except the beer stacked inside it I suppose.

Instant Answers: Copenhagen