Attached to the famous Round Tower we didn’t miss to visit this beautiful church after visiting the tower.
Although the tower was read since 1642 the church was built in 1656 (after the death of King Christian IV who was responsible for many renaissance building that period). As for the Round Tower thin yellow and red bricks were used(colors of Oldenburgs).
Although we liked the interior (especially the rococo clock from 1757, the baroque pulpit and alter piece and also the baroque facade of the Great Organ) we knew that original furnishing was destroyed the Great Fire in 1728.
The Trinitatis Church is built together with the famous Round Tower. It's considered the same building but the entrance to the church is free while you have to pay 40DKK for going to the Round Tower. The church has a gothic spirit, especially the altar. It was rebuilt in 1731 after Copenhagen fire.
There is a student's church of the Sacred Trinity and library near to the Runde Tarn. Originally the library possessed rooms on the 1-st floor of the tower, now various exhibitions take place there.
The interior of the church makes the best impression than interiors of other churches in Copenhagen.
We were actually looking for the entrance to the Round Tower but found our way into Trinity Church by accident!
The church was built in 1637 by Hans von Steenwinckel the Younger and the Baroque altar was made by Friedrich Ehbisch in 1731.