Bus.., Copenhagen

Know about this? Rate It!

• Ferry Between Rodby and Puttgarden - look closely!
    Ferry Between Rodby and Puttgarden -...
    Ticket Office at Halmtorvet 5
    Bus Departure Point on Ingerslevgade
  • johngayton's Profile Photo

Eurolines - Can Be Incredibly Cheap

by johngayton Written Mar 8, 2012

This is really a "From" tip as I've never arrived in Copenhagen by bus and have only once caught the Eurolines bus from the city - in that instance to Hamburg.

However if you are on a budget and don't mind spending the time sitting in a bus then Eurolines operate several services to and from Copenhagen. Destinations (start points) include Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Bratislava and many more - details are on the website below.

I'm not sure where the drop off point is for arrivals but to pick up the buses the main stop is on Inverslevgade which is behind (at the bottom end) of central Station, opposite the swimming pool complex.

The ticket office is at Halmtorvet 5 which is a side street west of Central Station, running parallel to Istegade.

As I said I only used Eurolines once when I got a 94 DKK special offer one-way ticket to Hamburg. I'm not usually a fan of bus journeys but despite this one being well over five hours the ride was strategically broken by the 45 minute ferry journey (fag and beer time and if you look very, very closely at pic #3 you'll se me on deck) between Rodby and Puttgarden and the Business Class bus featured freebie WiFi which actually worked.

Bus Departure Point on Ingerslevgade Ticket Office at Halmtorvet 5 Ferry Between Rodby and Puttgarden - look closely!
    • Sailing and Boating
    • Beer Tasting

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Hop On Hop Off Bus

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

I bought a two day ticket on this bus. Adult internet rate $20.95 each. We had a part of a tour on the 10th, and on the 11th we managed to do the Red and Green lines. The Mermaid (Red) Tour takes 1 hour

Mermaid Tour Stops:

* Gefion Fountain
    * Amalienborg
    * Nyhavn/Kongens Nytorv
    * Hojbro Plads/Stroget

The Green Christiania Tour overlaps the mermaid tour and additional stops include:

* Main Station/Grand Hotel
    * Hojbro Plads/Stroget
    * Our Saviors Church
    * Holmen
    * Casino Copenhagen

By now it had started raining so we didn't try the Yellow Line which includes the Zoo, and Carlsberg and just went back to the hotel.

Because of the cold rainy weather the bus had a canvas cover.

From the Mermaid tour Looking out of the red route bus Bus logo Where you plug in the earphone jacks My granddaughter at the bus stop
    • Castles and Palaces

• richard4's Profile Photo

Copenhagen City Tourist Bus Routes

by richard4 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Copenhagen,as with most big Cities has a network of fixed route tourist aimed buses that target the tourist hotspot areas of the City.

There are many, many choices,the main ones for general travel are
    MERMAID TOUR (RED)

CARLSBERG TOUR (YELLOW)

CHRISTIANIA TOUR (GREEN)

As an English only speaker using these buses is an easy no brainer to get from A to B and back.

Currently the price is 120DKK, which is around £12 Pounds in real money,for a day jump on,off ticket for ONE LINE.
    For an ALL THREE LINES day ticket it is 150DKK,which is somewhere around £15.

The tours are multi language via earphones should you need it.

Typical Copenhagen Tourist sightseeing Bus

by Nemorino Updated Aug 11, 2009

Photos:
    1. Five Movia buses lined up after the opera
    2. Movia bus 66 waiting at Operaen
    3. This line runs "every six minutes"

Movia is the Greater Copenhagen Transit Authority. They run lots of bus lines, including the number 66 to Operaen.

At the end of each opera performance there are five or six buses lined up (first photo) to take opera goers back into town.

If I've understood it correctly, the sign on the number 1A bus (third photo) says that this line runs every six minutes on all work days from morning to evening. And then in small print: Igen og igen og . . ., meaning "Again and again and . . ."

1. Five Movia buses lined up after the opera 2. Movia bus 66 waiting at Operaen 3. This line runs

• Blisters = time to take the bus

by Mariajoy Updated Aug 29, 2006

Because we are such lazy English women, we decided to take a Danish Bus from near our hotel to Christiania. We took the 2A (as recommended by another VTer) from Aboulevard to Torvegard and walked the last little bit to the Free State.

The bus cost 1.8Kr for two zones. Pay the driver.

Click on the Union Jack for the English version of the bus company website.

Inside a Danish Bus

• Marpessa's Profile Photo

Taking the bus in Copenhagen

by Marpessa Written Jan 7, 2006

I took the bus to and from the airport when I was in Copenhagen (the 250S), which was about a 30 minute trip. It was the only time I used the bus while I was in Copenhagen. I must admit I felt a bit bad, because I felt as if my luggage (a small-medium size suitcase) was in the way, even though I tried for it not to be. I have seen other tips for the bus that recommend you buy a pass to save you money, and unless like me you are only using the buses twice, then I’d say that this is a good idea, as it would be expensive purchasing individual tickets every time.

But I will say this, there is a vast network that the buses in Copenhagen cover and they run throughout the day and into the night, and are a LOT cheaper than a taxi.

• reverb's Profile Photo

Take the bus!

by reverb Updated Jun 28, 2004

Definitley take the bus it's the best way to travel for your money's worth. You can purchase a clip card at any minimart and they cost only 105 krones....about $ 17.50. The clipcard get's you 10 rides. If you pay cash then you are looking at 17 krones a ride.....about $3 per ride and believe me that adds up after awhile so go smart and get the card!

My sweet ride..but will my date like it?

• Copenhagen has one of the most...

by Ela_23 Written Aug 25, 2002

Copenhagen has one of the most convenient and efficient public transportation systems in the world. The busses are safe, frequent, and always get you to where you want to go. It's a little expensive, but get a day pass or else a week pass. Individual payments can really add up!

Instant Answers: Copenhagen