Taxi., Copenhagen

Know about this? Rate It!

• TAXI STOPPED AND REFUSED TO TAKE ME TO THE PORT

by rcassity Written Jul 9, 2013

TEXT TO 4X35 on June 2.

On Thursday May 16 at approximately 12:30 we picked up a cab to the port from the Admiral Hotel. When we got to the port, the driver could see the long lines and one of his “friends” said something to him. He pulled over and told us to walk the rest of the way “it was only 5 minute walk.” We told him to go on we were paying for a ride to the port and he refused. After making sure he was going to open the trunk we retrieved our luggage paid him and walked 10 minutes to the ship.

The taxi company was” 4X35 and the tag on the taxi 1 0930.

I do not think this action is indicative of your company or the city of Copenhagen and it started a cruise off on a BAD note.

As of today July 9, 2013 I have heard NOTHING from either this company or the hotel!

• starship's Profile Photo

Transportation to Langelinie Piers

by starship Updated Feb 20, 2013

If you are in Copenhagen to board a cruise as we were and you have several pieces of luggage with you, the best bet is probably to take a taxi. We stayed in Copenhagen for a few days before our cruise, and our hotel was located near the central train station. Walking or using other public transportation to get to the pier was definitely out of the question. A nice lady at the front desk of our hotel called a taxi for us which arrived in minutes. A spacious, clean taxi accommodated luggage for 4 persons and whisked us to Langelinie Pier for 124 DKK or about $20.50 + tip for the 4 of us. This was a fairly long ride and the return to the airport from the ship pier was even longer. Still 300 DKK or about $50 for the 4 of us to return to Kastrup Airport and having the convenience and no hassle with luggage was worth the money!!!

Note: These are 2005 prices

• bcorbitt's Profile Photo

2x as expensive as NYC cab

by bcorbitt Written Sep 22, 2010

The starting price just to get into car was around 5 dollars(about 3.50 in NYC) and the kronas seem to move at about 1 per block if not faster. A distance we walked in an hour co could not have been more than a couple of miles ended up costing around 100kr.

At night when visiting friend who live on northern edge of city the cab started around 36 krona as think he started meter when got call. Friend stated should cost no more than 100 krona to get back to hotel ended up costing around 150kr.

Was there for short time so had to pack lots in so could not wait for mass transit but highly recommend it. The hop on hop off canal service from dsfb might not be bad since most of the things you are going to want to see are on the water.

• Business Travel

• Beware Codan Taxi

by jbdpa Written Jun 25, 2006

Codan taxi took us to the wrong place, twice the distance, left us in the middle of no where, refused to take a credit card, demanded an extraordinarily high dollar cash equivalent. Follow up complaints to the Codan company to make amends were ignored by the company so I must assume this corruption is more widespread than the one driver.

• Marpessa's Profile Photo

Taxi

by Marpessa Written Jan 5, 2006

A taxi is not the most cost effective way to get around Copenhagen, but if you're like me and get lost late at night (on your arrival in the city and you have a backpack and suitcase with you) then this is definitely the safer means of transport.

My taxi driver was very nice and helped me with my bags, plus his taxi had GPS and found my hostel without any problems. Although I have to admit (that while I can't remember the exact price), this was the most expensive taxi ride I have ever had.

So, unless (like me) you had had a long day and gotten lost, I'd try other, cheaper, means of public transport before getting a taxi.

• Women's Travel
    • Singles

• Cabs Around Town

by sharih Written May 21, 2005

The cabs around Copenhagen are quite pricey, but well worth it on a cold, post-partying night. The meters are supposed to start at 19dkk, but watch out - some cabbies have been caught starting at a higher price! This is highly illegal, so you should definitely report it. If you call a cab, however, the meter starts at 34dkk. So, always try to grab a free one off the street! From downtown to one of the suburbs the price ranges from 60-100dkk depending on the distance.

Instant Answers: Copenhagen