Dragør Favorites

• Favorites
    by lmkluque

Most Recent Favorites in Dragør

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

Dragør, Over Seven Hundred Years Old!

by lmkluque Updated Oct 13, 2012

Favorite thing: This was my first visit to such an ancient city. Learning that the buildings in this area still had thatched roofs wasn't such an amazing bit of information to me. I'm one to just take things as they are. Later I found out that the thatch was no longer being replaced with more thatch because it was such a fire hazard. Then I realized that I had seen a bit of history dying out.

Of course my reaction was, why don't they just treat the thatch with fireproofing? Got no answer.

This whole section of town is a living museum as well as it's neighboring town, Store Magleby but I didn't get a chance to see that town.

Fondest memory: One of my many favorite memories of Dragor is walking through this historical part of town and realizing that I had become connected to it in some way.

• Museum Visits
    • Architecture

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

Stroll the alleys

by Sjalen Written Oct 10, 2005

Favorite thing: This is what Dragoer is about really. Just stroll around the alleys with all their thatched roofed houses in clusters and with gardens full of flowers. On a sunny day the yellow paint makes for very cheerful photos. Most alleys are pedestrianised so you need rarely worry about cars.

• Architecture

Instant Answers: Dragør

Comments

Dragør Favorites

Reviews and photos of Dragør favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Dragør sightseeing.