Dragør Local Customs

Most Recent Local Customs in Dragør

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

Real Danish Furniture!

by lmkluque Updated Oct 13, 2012

The Danish people I met were friendly and had a marvelous sense of humor. They also have a sleek sense of style. This is particularly seen in the design of their furniture. I don't really know much about the history of this style nor do I know the meaning of Danish Modern furniture. We have stores in the USA that sell Danish Modern and I've seen some of it in homes of friends, but nothing really impressed me.

That is until I saw the Danish homes of my friends. This was the one thing that impressed me and I realized that this style in context really was beautiful and finally made sense to me.

• Women's Travel

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

Stop! In The Name Of Preservation....

by lmkluque Updated Oct 13, 2012

Closing many streets in the historical section of Dragor, to the modern car, has helped to keep the charm of the village as a reminder of days gone by.

Dragor was and still is a town based in the fishing industry and it's neighboring town, Store Magleby developed when Dutch farmers were brought in by King Christian II to grow food for the royals.

I didn't see Store Magleby, but enjoyed walking through Dragor's old town section, especially the shops, the harbor and the houses with thatched roofs.

The sign tells us that this is a Walking Street.

• Architecture
    • Fishing

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

Limhamn links

by Sjalen Written Oct 10, 2005

Until the Öresund Bridge was built, there was a small ferry here from Limhamn in the south of Malmö in Sweden. This means Dragoer still sees the odd Swedish couple on a nostalgic daytrip with Danish dining. These days coming by car of course. The run up to the ferry terminal is sadly blocked by stones...

• Sailing and Boating

Instant Answers: Dragør

Comments

Dragør Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Dragør local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Dragør sightseeing.