Dragør Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Dragør

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

The Strandhotel: No Bedrooms At The Strandhotel

by lmkluque Updated Oct 13, 2012

Frederik III liked to order eel soup at the Strandhotel and Søren Kierkegaard, a philosopher, frequented this favorite of Dragør's establishments.

Okay, there are sleeping accommodations at the Strandhotel, but I didn't stay here. I just stopped to have a hot cup of coffee.

The Strandhotel faces the harbor and sitting at a table next to a big window, we watched the activity on the docks. The day was cool and it rained intermittenly. I love the way this weather makes the water look deep and murky.

Favorite Dish: We missed the lunch service which included a substantial serving of smørrebrød, the open-faced sandwiches which Danmark is noted for.

The dinner menu included pork in paprika sauce that sounded delicious and a new kind of fish that I hadn't heard of before, plaice, poached or fried. I saw that they offered smoked eel, but that didn't seem appetizing. Of course, that was before I knew it was a favorite of Frederik III. Now, I might give it a try.

Too early for dinner, we ordered two cups of espresso, which arrived with small pastries. The bill came to $15.00. At the time that was a huge amount to pay for two coffees and a few pastries.

The photo shows the Strandhotel from the left side of the dock.

• Business Travel

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

Dragoer Strandhotel: Classical Danish

by Sjalen Written Oct 10, 2005

This is the place to be seen at in Dragoer, but still not too posh by any means. Service was a bit slow when we visited but to their defense, they had a big dinner party. The food is typical Danish and mostly very nice. A childrens menu exist and in fact, the child fish dish was the only thing we were not that happy with since what can be a nice Danish style fried fish had become very dry and bland. Our daughter did not complain but this was when we tasted it ourselves. As if they gave children the poorer bits of fish. Our own Danish pork fillet was lovely and left nothing to wish for. There is a great veranda facing the harbour so you can sit there and watch the world go by and have a nice time. But yes, a victim of its own success and location I fear.

Favorite Dish: Flaeskesteg...mmm...

• Sailing and Boating

Instant Answers: Dragør

Comments

Dragør Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Dragør restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Dragør sightseeing.