Ålborg Transportation

• Transportation
    by depresno
  • Transportation
    by ana.gsm
    The Luxury of a Compartment to myself!
    by lmkluque

Most Recent Transportation in Ålborg

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

The Train Station is Close Enough

by lmkluque Updated Jul 29, 2012

The Luxury of a Compartment to myself!

The best way to get to Aalborg is by train and the station is just a few blocks from the center of town which makes it easy to visit for a day and see the lovely little town.

Also it was by train that I sadly, left. Connie had made for me, a lunch of delicious Danish bread, ham, two kinds of cheese and a Danish pastry, to eat on the train.

If you don't have a friend to do this for you, pick up a few things at the shop at the station or better stilll, from the Vegetable Market before arriving at the train station.

Because of my Eurail Pass, I had a first class compartment all to myself. (The Eurail Pass doesn't entitle anyone to a 'private' compartment, just first class cars.) The reason I so often had a compartment to my self is that most people travel second class, leaving first class compartments empty.

However, it seems that these days the Eurail Pass is not as good a deal as buying a ticket from the train station. So before you decide, make a price comparion between the two options to get the best deal for you.

From the central location of the station, it was easy to walk around the city and see it's many wonderful sites.

• Business Travel

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

Think Train

by lmkluque Updated Jul 29, 2012

The train is not a mode of transportation that I would normally use, but during this trip it was a fantastic way to get where I wanted to go. Of course, there were a few moments of panic for me like the night the train's number didn't match the number on the ticket or when I had ten minutes to get from one platform to another and not knowing anything about the train station, which turned out to be large. I survived it all and was so grateful that in one large train station in Germany that had a small escaltor for luggage. I took too much with me on this trip.

Whether Alborg is your final destination or simply a day trip, arriving by train is a most relaxing way to travel. The train station is near an interesting part of Alborg. The Park Hotel is just across the street and Alborg's walking street is a few blocks away.

I arrived in Aalborg by car, but departed by train on my way to Czechoslovakia.

This photo was taken from the Park Hotel across the street.

• Business Travel

• vichatherly's Profile Photo

Ryan Air to Aarhus

by vichatherly Updated Oct 13, 2008

We took the 07:25 Ryanair flight from London Stanstead to Aarhaus. Then we took the 09:00 bus to Arhus main train station. Cost of one way ticket was DK90

Then we took the 11:56 train to Aalborg. The return ticket cost DK314. Not too much to see on the train, although the train conductor was friendly and mentioned that we were sitting in a quiet coach, which made the journey pretty peaceful.

Arrive in Aalborg about 13:30 and then it was a short walk to the hotel to check in.

• Beer Tasting

• Caniko's Profile Photo

Airplane, train and car.

by Caniko Written Sep 19, 2006

Not all roads lead to Aalborg – but almost. Good connections by plane, train, car and ferry make it easy to get here from both home and abroad.

There are frequent daily flights from Copenhagen and when you land at Aalborg Airport, it’s only 7 kilometres to the city centre, where most of the hotels and Aalborg Kongres & Kultur Center are situated.

An intercity train connects Copenhagen and Aalborg every hour, and from our Nordic neighbours there are ferry connections to Hirtshals, Hanstholm and Frederikshavn, from which there is only about an hour’s drive to Aalborg.

If you approach Aalborg from the south, it is only 275 kilometres by motorway from the Danish-German border.

• Mandy23's Profile Photo

Airport

by Mandy23 Written Feb 14, 2003

Personlly, we made a short stop by bus in Ålborg, but many of you might prefer to fly.

So I thought that I'd give you here the contact information of the Aalborg Lufthavn and you can look up the information you need.

Postal address:

Lufthavnsvej 100, DK-9400 Nørresundby, Danmark

Instant Answers: Ålborg

Comments

Ålborg Transportation

Reviews and photos of Ålborg transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ålborg sightseeing.