Lemvig Travel Guide

• Lemvig
    source: www.google.de

Lemvig Things to Do

• the ocean

Along the coast near Bovbjerg the landscape was formed during the last Ice Age and has been exposed to the action of the sea and the wind forming cliffs up to 40 meters high. In Ferring, on the cliff top at Bovbjerg, one can find Jens S?ndergaards Museum. Bovbjerg lighthouse is built on the highest point..The light and the atmospherehave been...

• klosterheden

A contrast to the high cliffs, hills and dales, Klosterheden State Forest lies south of Lemvig. The Forest Authority here manages one of Denmark?s largest forests, which embraces about 7.400 hectares. There is a rich fauna including herds of red deer and Denmarks only colony of beavers (may be seen occasionally at the "M?lles?en", picture right)One...

• the harbour

The bay at Lemvig forms a natural harbour giving lee from many directions. Up until 1851 ships anchored up some distance from the shore and the cargo was brought by barge to and from the ships. In 1851 the first jetty was built and the harbour trade began to expand. At one point the merchants of Lemvig had a fleet of 10-12 ships engaged in overseas...

Lemvig Hotels

Lemvig Restaurants

• Inga78's Profile Photo

by Inga78 Written Sep 20, 2005

We didn´t order a table and it was a friday night but it was not so busy. We got a quiet little table. We orderd á la carte but they also had a buffet there. We all had steaks and wine. The food was realy good my meat was done perfect the service was also very good. I liked the fact that it is a relaxed atmosphere there that makes you feel good. Maybe it´s like this in all Danish villages since I feel that Danish people have a relaxing aura about them. I like the pub/restaurant feeling and the food was so good that I will deffinetly be going there more often.

Favorite Dish: Well I have the pepper steak when I go there since they do it perfect every time so I can´t realy tell you about the other dishes but I´m sure theyr great since they do theyr meat so perfect.

• Sailing and Boating
    • Golf

Lemvig Nightlife

• Inga78's Profile Photo
    me, Rebekka, and Mette at Kaptejnen 1 more image

by Inga78 Written Sep 20, 2005

Well this is the only disco in Lemvig and it´s the smallest I have ever seen in my life... The first time I came there I was looking for the rest of it but couldn´t find it and my friends told me that this was it... At first I thought Jesus christ this sucks...but for a small town they don´t need big things. The place filled up fast and they palyed good mixed music and the atmosphere was realy good. I didn´t loose my friends and we could dance sit and just have so much fun there so I have to say that bigger is not necisarily better in this sence. I love going there now with my firends here and I even dance all night because it´s so much fun to go to places where you know everyone and just have fun and you don´t loose your friends in the crowds. Plus the beer is cheap! Love Denmark!

Dress Code: I don´t think there is a dress code this is a farmer and fishermans comunity so just be clean and not to drunk and you´ll be fine. There is a 30 DKK cover charge and they keep your coat for that price aswell.

• Singles
    • Golf
    • School Holidays

Lemvig Transportation

• where in Denmark

Lemvig is situated on the Limfjord, neighbour to the North Sea. With aprox. 465 km2, the municipality is one of the largest in Denmark. There are about 18.500 citizens, and 7.500 live in Lemvig.Distance to Frederikshavn: 210 km?rhus: 140 kmEsbjerg: 130 km

• by car

Distances from Lemvig:Billund 126 kmFrederikshavn 210 kmGrenå 185 kmHanstholm 97 kmHirtshals 210 kmHolstebro 36 km Karup 78 kmKruså 242 kmRingkøbing 54 kmThyborøn 23 kmAalborg 148 kmÅrhus 150 km

• Lemvig Hotels

5 Hotels in Lemvig

6 Reviews and Opinions

Lemvig Shopping

• elsebeth's Profile Photo

by elsebeth Updated Jun 2, 2004

well Lemvig only has the normal shops. no odd stuff here. If you are into buying something more unusual then you have to go to the nearest bigger town Holstebro.
    There is a big pedestrian area in Lemvig. well its not big compared to others but anyway. I remember when I was going out here I got home by something driving me through this area in a shopping cart. need I say we were drunk?

Lemvig Local Customs

• Lemvig, Jutland and more of Denmark

Also worth seeing is the Danish countryside with its small towns with fascinating castles, ancient rune stones and lovely atmosphere, where the old-fashioned meets the modern. Visit for example Ribe that is the oldest town in Denmark, Skagen with its beautiful beaches and artist community, or Silkeborg with its beautiful nearby lakes....

• the view from my first room

I rented a small room when i first moved away from home. This is taken one afternoon.If you look carefully you can see the ocean view.

• another museum

Jens Søndergaard's MuseumIn a small black building on the brink of the cliff at Ferring stands Jens Søndergaard's Museum (Link via Lemvig Museum). From 1930 to his death in 1957 this used to be his summer residence and studio, and most of the works in the museum were painted right her. As an artist Søndergaard was inspired by the magnificent...

Lemvig Off The Beaten Path

• elsebeth's Profile Photo

by elsebeth Written Oct 29, 2002

This is the town Im born in Lemvig . Its situated on the westcoast of Jutland and is a very beautiful place ..

Instant Answers: Lemvig

Comments

Explore Deeper into Lemvig
museums